2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum CrC Intake valve cleaning

03-04-2015, 04:38 AM   #1
dadysev
Captain
Montenegro
Rep
Drives: Man

CrC Intake valve cleaning

Ok so now that most cars are Gasoline Direct Engine or GDI engines, we will all suffer from Carbon build up in the intake system especially by the valves.

On the n63 engines cleaning is going to be a bitch as i believe the engine has to come out of the car. The intakes are so close to the frame its almost impossible to access the intake system.

I know proper walnut cleaning is the best but due to the fact our design to access the intakes is not the nicest i think im willing to try spray some cleaners instead. The easiest access is the vent valve that comes up from the intake (part of the CCV system) I know its not the best but....

Has anyone tried this stuff ?? CrC Intake valve cleaning
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 06:51 AM   #2
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

I clean mine every three years when I lease a fresh new car. Seriously, there are great lease deals to be had, and the cars are so complicated and expensive to work on out of warranty why would you want to own it. Aside from tires, my BMW is worry free.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 08:36 AM   #3
dadysev
Captain
Montenegro
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
I clean mine every three years when I lease a fresh new car. Seriously, there are great lease deals to be had, and the cars are so complicated and expensive to work on out of warranty why would you want to own it. Aside from tires, my BMW is worry free.
i here you, but i buy them used for a lot less, have lots of BMW mechanic friends, access to parts.

Also when I buy a car i tend to keep them long. Working on BMW's for over 10 years so i'm comfortable.

I totally understand the leasing route though. My deal is i like to tinker and have access.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 09:15 PM   #4
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadysev View Post
i here you, but i buy them used for a lot less, have lots of BMW mechanic friends, access to parts.

Also when I buy a car i tend to keep them long. Working on BMW's for over 10 years so i'm comfortable.

I totally understand the leasing route though. My deal is i like to tinker and have access.
If you enjoy working on them and know how then that is a different story. I can't do anything on it myself so I feel better knowing I'm covered. I keep them all waxed and looking sharp. i enjoy my cars
Appreciate 0