2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Left BMW dealership and now i have CEL and drivetrain malfunction error!

06-06-2018, 12:05 AM   #1
Noska14535i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i

Left BMW dealership and now i have CEL and drivetrain malfunction error!

So i took my BMW in today for regular maintenance and when i was driving to have dinner after they maintenance my car (oil change, break fluid,micro filter) I got a "drive-train malfunction" error on my HUD.

I pulled over, shut the vehicle off, waited about 15 minutes and turned it back on and no error. Well this happened 3 times. On the third time i got a CEL.

I got home plugged in my laptop to my JB4 and pulled codes. I almost was expecting to see a catless DP code because im running VRSF catless and cat back exhaust.

Well low and behold, i have the following codes

119002 "Rail oressure sensor short to ground"
101F01 "Throttle valve opening angle pressure- Ignore,tuner code"

The car still feels the same. Im on JB4 map 5. The car is not hesitating when i step on the throttle. it still feels responsive. I am pissed off cause i think when the dealership worked on it they must have done something that is throwing these codes.

What is your guys opinion? has this happened to you before as far as these codes? Any advice/help is appreciated.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 05:36 AM   #2
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5, E46 330i, R56 Mini.S

There is no way a dealer tech went anywhere near the rail pressure sensor when carrying out an oil service, brake fluid flush, and exchanging the cabin air microfilters. There is however a distinct possibility an electronic sensor started to go bad at a coincidental time and your limited understanding is the driving factor in assigning blame.

Continue to drive the car, if the fault persists I would replace the rail pressure sensor.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 11:58 AM   #3
Noska14535i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stück View Post
There is no way a dealer tech went anywhere near the rail pressure sensor when carrying out an oil service, brake fluid flush, and exchanging the cabin air microfilters. There is however a distinct possibility an electronic sensor started to go bad at a coincidental time and your limited understanding is the driving factor in assigning blame.

Continue to drive the car, if the fault persists I would replace the rail pressure sensor.

Although, the fault has not happened since that day, i humbly agree. I'm learning as i go.
Appreciate 0