2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum My 535d Touring thread (to be ordered till mid-2012)

05-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #45
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmarais View Post
Hi and congratulations on a Great choice. My 535d has been the best car I ever owned (had some decent ones before this too)
Just reading your config, I would advise against the 18" 350 m sport wheels. I had them for 3 months before dealer swapped them out for 19" due to the rumbling ride issues they gave on the run flats. Juddering, felt like wheels were unbalanced.
Elsewhere lots of detail on this in forum. Unless you can be sure they are giving you 18" on Goodyear or Pirelli rubber, be careful. Conti sports were atrocious in my experience. Dunlops a little better but v wayward in wet. Now have summer 19" michelins on the m sport wheel and they are soooo much better.
Winter Dunlop sports were just fine on the 18" so just avoid the summer versions.

Just a thought. Now have a load of fun as you will not be disappointed.
As funny as it may sound, before I put the order in I made two decisions late in the game (kind of "what the heck, let's do this"):
- change from the 18" 350M to the 19" 351M wheels,
- add comfort seats instead of sports seats

In the process I removed the "blind spot" detectors as I fear they may be more of a distraction/nuisance than of any real added value…

I guess you read the spec at the beginning of this thread, you may find the final one towards the end, a few posts above this one!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #46
Expatmarais
France
Rep
Drives: f10 535d MSport

Ah ha. Hadn't noticed that in above. Good move. Have a blast.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #47
Bimmernerd
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 530dM xDrive F11 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinosaur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmarais View Post
Hi and congratulations on a Great choice. My 535d has been the best car I ever owned (had some decent ones before this too)
Just reading your config, I would advise against the 18" 350 m sport wheels. I had them for 3 months before dealer swapped them out for 19" due to the rumbling ride issues they gave on the run flats. Juddering, felt like wheels were unbalanced.
Elsewhere lots of detail on this in forum. Unless you can be sure they are giving you 18" on Goodyear or Pirelli rubber, be careful. Conti sports were atrocious in my experience. Dunlops a little better but v wayward in wet. Now have summer 19" michelins on the m sport wheel and they are soooo much better.
Winter Dunlop sports were just fine on the 18" so just avoid the summer versions.

Just a thought. Now have a load of fun as you will not be disappointed.
As funny as it may sound, before I put the order in I made two decisions late in the game (kind of "what the heck, let's do this"):
- change from the 18" 350M to the 19" 351M wheels,
- add comfort seats instead of sports seats

In the process I removed the "blind spot" detectors as I fear they may be more of a distraction/nuisance than of any real added valueÂ…

I guess you read the spec at the beginning of this thread, you may find the final one towards the end, a few posts above this one!
Great choice, 351M wheels looks great! Comfort seats - they are easily the best and most comfortable! It is almost like your car will be a more fully loaded version of my own one!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #48
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmernerd View Post
Great choice, 351M wheels looks great! Comfort seats - they are easily the best and most comfortable! It is almost like your car will be a more fully loaded version of my own one!
Wow, thanks!

Indeed! I think that the 351M wheels are the perfect balance of comfort and looks.
Appreciate 0