2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding BMW 535i & Ipod

09-07-2015, 05:47 PM   #1
drbruce2
Registered
Rep
Drives: 535i

BMW 535i & Ipod

Prior to getting my 535i in May, i had an M37 Infiniti & used an iPod with no problems, controlling the device via the car controls. When I plugged the iPod into the BMW it appeared to play and be controlled correctly. After a bit, if you started the car after it was off for a while, the iPod played at double speed. Had to re-boot the iPod, and then it went to the beginning of the podcast. A pain in the keister.No help from Apple or BMW.
I bought the new ipod, and it cannot be controlled by the car's control, and half of the time it doesn't even connect. I have to control the iPod through its own controls, not the safest thing around. Neither the BMW store "Genius" or the "Genius" at the 1-800 number can help. I have tried to escalate this concern, but have had no response.
Unfortunately, the service writer was an unhelpful twit.
I cannot be the only one with this problem. Does anybody know what to do to fix this, other than getting another car.
By the way,I only listen to podcasts. And yes, I did the software update.
Appreciate 0