2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes 535i xdrive coilovers BC Racing - can confirm?

02-06-2017, 04:19 PM   #1
ziekxq
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xDrive

535i xdrive coilovers BC Racing - can confirm?

Hi,

I was hoping that someone from bc racing can confirm this since I have seen too many incorrect advertisements.

https://www.bcracingpower.com/produc...lovers-i-16-br

This shows coilovers for Xdrive f10.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 12:24 PM   #2
vivanapoli806
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i Xdrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziekxq View Post
Hi,

I was hoping that someone from bc racing can confirm this since I have seen too many incorrect advertisements.

https://www.bcracingpower.com/produc...lovers-i-16-br

This shows coilovers for Xdrive f10.
They do have them for the xdrive. If you have edc though bcrscing doesn't have that unit so you will get a error code. I believe it can be coded out. They might offer one soon like KW does
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 12:42 PM   #3
ziekxq
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivanapoli806 View Post
They do have them for the xdrive. If you have edc though bcrscing doesn't have that unit so you will get a error code. I believe it can be coded out. They might offer one soon like KW does
Thanks I wanted to confirm... now that is a much better price for BR series but I think I will do the DR series with swift springs. That is half the price of KW.

If only KW made their xdrive ones in v1 or v2 .
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 08:30 PM   #4
runwild
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziekxq View Post
Thanks I wanted to confirm... now that is a much better price for BR series but I think I will do the DR series with swift springs. That is half the price of KW.

If only KW made their xdrive ones in v1 or v2 .
This is an email I received directly from BC racing a week ago regarding X-Drive coilovers... I emailed BC Racing North America directly because I saw that Xdrive option on a website but not BC Racings actual website. I'm currently in the same situation as you with the xdrive coilovers. I keep hearing mixed things and I never received a confirmation from that BC website that claims the coilovers fit Xdrive.

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 08:32 PM   #5
runwild
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can you tell us who confirmed this info with you?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 07:16 PM   #6
vivanapoli806
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i Xdrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by runwild View Post
Quote:
Can you tell us who confirmed this info with you?
I think I got mixed up honestly. I know cks makes xdrive that's what I was referring to. My mistake.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #7
runwild
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think I got mixed up honestly. I know cks makes xdrive that's what I was referring to. My mistake.
I was hoping you had personally purchased the BC "xdrive" coilovers and they were installed on your vehicle so I could pull the trigger and order them lol no worries though, it's frustrating when a website claims something will fit but the manufacturer directly states otherwise. I almost ordered the "xdrive" coilovers from the bcracingpower website, I could only imagine the headache someone will go through buying them and finding out while their cars at the shop that the coilovers don't fit and they're forced to eat the cost of labor on a suspension install. I'm waiting for a response from BC North America in response to the BCRacingPower website claiming there is an Xdrive coilover by BC. I'll keep everyone posted once I get the email. If I'm forced to spend over $2,150 for the cks kit or over $2,400 on the kwv3 I'm going to be disappointed. I'm beginning to regret buying the awd f10 and not the rwd
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 11:08 AM   #8
ziekxq
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by runwild View Post
If I'm forced to spend over $2,150 for the cks kit or over $2,400 on the kwv3 I'm going to be disappointed. I'm beginning to regret buying the awd f10 and not the rwd
I feel the same way plus with snow tires I bet the RWD would be almost as good as xDrive.

Never again!
Appreciate 0