2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media My Experience with SonicMS

09-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #23
Andy H.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

FYI...

After constant effort in trying to get an answer out of someone at Sonic I finally called and Darwin answered the phone. He refunded my money.
      09-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #24
ClassM
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i msport/M5 E60/M3 E9x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
FYI...

After constant effort in trying to get an answer out of someone at Sonic I finally called and Darwin answered the phone. He refunded my money.
It went in your favor bro. Good shit.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #25
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Saying that "sometimes it fits and sometimes it doesn't" is inexcusable. And that is so much money for a lip. Looks like $10 to make it...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #26
Andy H.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

I totally agree. You would reasonably expect that for the price it would fit as the 3D design rep said, "our front lip spoiler fits perfectly - we've never had any issues with fitment."

I consider the majority of the problem with 3D design itsellf. However, any dealer of the product, in this case, Sonic MS needs to step up and serve their customer when issues arise with the product they sell the consumer. Otherwise, they lose credibility, trust and ultimately business.

As a side note, I purchased a new 3D design front lip spoiler from IND. It is still far from a perfect fit but better than the one purchased from Sonic MS.

What's frustrating is that Sonic MS said that in order to get a perfect installation fitment you have to attach one end and then the other. However, IND says you have to have two people to install the lip, one on each end, and each end has to be secured at the same time.

A $1,000 part with zero consistency between dealers selling the exact same product. What an effing joke!

To compound the whole thing you have some of the purchaser's of the product, regardless of fitment issues, that hype it up as though it was the next best thing since sliced bread.

It's the same thing that you see when someone posts their modded ride. You subsequently get a whole slew of regulars jumping on the band wagon with the "wow" comments of it being soooooo, "clean". :roll eyes: Don't believe me? Read the thread on the whole 704 suspension issue on the new M-sports. Unbelievable.

My advice: Do your homework. Vet everything out. Don't get caught up in the hype factor.

Also, just because someone's been posting for several years doesn't automatically qualify them as an expert.

Last edited by Andy H.; 09-25-2013 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #27
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
I totally agree. You would reasonably expect that for the price it would fit as the 3D design rep said, "our front lip spoiler fits perfectly - we've never had any issues with fitment."

I consider the majority of the problem with 3D design itsellf. However, any dealer of the product, in this case, Sonic MS needs to step up and serve their customer when issues arise with the product they sell the consumer. Otherwise, they lose credibility, trust and ultimately business.

As a side note, I purchased a new 3D design front lip spoiler from IND. It is still far from a perfect fit but better than the one purchased from Sonic MS.

What's frustrating is that Sonic MS said that in order to get a perfect installation fitment you have to attach one end and then the other. However, IND says you have to have two people to install the lip, one on each end, and each end has to be secured at the same time.

A $1,000 part with zero consistency between dealers selling the exact same product. What an effing joke!

To compound the whole thing you have some of the purchaser's of the product, regardless of fitment issues, that hype it up as though it was the next best thing since sliced bread.

It's the same thing that you see when someone posts their modded ride. You subsequently get a whole slew of regulars jumping on the band wagon with the "wow" comments of it being soooooo, "clean". :roll eyes: Don't believe me? Read the thread on the whole 704 suspension issue on the new M-sports. Unbelievable.

My advice: Do your homework. Vet everything out. Don't get caught up in the hype factor.

Also, just because someone's been posting for several years doesn't automatically qualify them as an expert.
Trust iND.

Sorry for being on the bandwagon, but yet so far I've never heard a single complaint from iND's customers.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #28
2k15f30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M Sport

Try reaching out to the manufacturer also, they may be willing to help you.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #29
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k13f10 View Post
Try reaching out to the manufacturer also, they may be willing to help you.
From what OP said manufacturers were assholes.
Appreciate 0