2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Keep stock exhaust and add quad tips?

03-24-2012, 12:44 AM   #23
Artur-F10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F12 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUZN335 View Post
I've had my setup for a while but haven't had time to post pics. I'll try to do it this wknd. But with the oem mufflers its hard to put quad tips on with a diffuser 1. Because it won't align directly in the center of the outlets 2. Because the tips would stick out too far.

I opted to go with m6 mufflers with dimisa 3.5" tips. I can assure you that this is the best setup close to stock. No drone whatsoever and you get a little vroom to it also.

For any questions about the tips hit up JP @ dimisatips and tell him I referred you to him. He'll take care of you.
did you have any problems with installation?
do the fit good?
I want to do same thing, but I need some info
Also, maybe you know a place where I can do it in LA
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #24
KRUZNM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur-F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUZN335 View Post
I've had my setup for a while but haven't had time to post pics. I'll try to do it this wknd. But with the oem mufflers its hard to put quad tips on with a diffuser 1. Because it won't align directly in the center of the outlets 2. Because the tips would stick out too far.

I opted to go with m6 mufflers with dimisa 3.5" tips. I can assure you that this is the best setup close to stock. No drone whatsoever and you get a little vroom to it also.

For any questions about the tips hit up JP @ dimisatips and tell him I referred you to him. He'll take care of you.
did you have any problems with installation?
do the fit good?
I want to do same thing, but I need some info
Also, maybe you know a place where I can do it in LA
No problems at all with fitment. Any reputable shop will be able to do the install.

https://www.instagram.com/kruznm3/
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #25
Artur-F10
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks
Also, was it loud inside of the car and why did you change it?
do you think I will have any problems with warranty?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #26
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

I'm considering switching out the single tip with quads on my 535. But because of the length of most tips you can't get a really good look. One other poster was able to cut his 7" quads down by an inch and replace the diffuser with the 550's. I'd like to do the same except replace the diffuser with the M diffuser because of the outbound lip around the opening, it would give you that little extra coverage of the protruding (offending) tips. I don't plan on debadging to avoid being tagged as an ///M poser. The M diffuser would/should work well. Does anyone know the part number for it?
      04-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #27
rmastale
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i MSport, F15 X5 MSport

Just to update this thread... I had planned on replacing my rear bumper with the M bumper and then putting in a new diffuser on to accommodate quad tips. When i ordered the M bumper it ended up being a 5 week wait and I couldn't wait that long to have the car fixed after the fender bender I was in. So; it was replaced to OEM (non-M) and looks fantastic.

I'm going to replaced the OEM mufflers with M6 mufflers and have tips put on (probably Dimisa—3.5")... will just have the shop cut the bumper to accommodate. I've seen some good work on these boards in that regard so hopefully it will work alright.

I am a little worried about the length the new tips will stick out... fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #28
bcbarker
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i F10 M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmastale
Has anyone replaced the stock tips on their 535i and just kept the stock exhaust. I know I\'d either need to cut the current diffuser (which I kinda like) or replace with a new one.

I was set on replacing the exhaust but the more I read the more I feel like I\'d be selling any new exhaust after a month due to drone (my family won\'t appreciate it I can assure you). :
If your looking for a cool quad tip exhaust with nice low sound but not loud enough to be annoying get the Megan racing exhaust.. I just got them and there just a little to quiet so I'm going to take out the resonators.. But for you situation they would be perfect because they look nice and are cheap
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #29
rmastale
Lieutenant
Rep

Well; a very long time coming but i'd like to put this one to rest... some initial pics from my guy doing the install:

They were sent via text to my surprise... very happy with the way it looks. I'll prob add a diffuser at some point too. He said the sound was 'very mean but not scary' and said that he really loved the sound. I'll put some clips up when I get the car back.

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 05:35 AM   #30
Ftenner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 535xdrive , F15 xdrive

Very nice
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #31
yxc145
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmastale View Post
Well; a very long time coming but i'd like to put this one to rest... some initial pics from my guy doing the install:

They were sent via text to my surprise... very happy with the way it looks. I'll prob add a diffuser at some point too. He said the sound was 'very mean but not scary' and said that he really loved the sound. I'll put some clips up when I get the car back.

Didn't you get rear ended and was debating on getting a M sport bumper?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #32
rmastale
Lieutenant
Rep

I had it on order but was then told it would be like 6 weeks for delivery and I couldn't wait that long.

More importantly; my wife Hates the new sound of the exhaust and I have to figure something out. There is def some drone right around 2k rpm and the low tone of the note doesn't sit well with her. Ugh. I love it and really love the look so I'm gonna need to find a new solution.

We need to meet up so I can hear your exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #33
Artur-F10
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmastale View Post

what exhaust is it?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #34
rmastale
Lieutenant
Rep

It's an M6 exhaust with Dimisa tips. It pretty much rocks... There is a little bit of drone but I'll give it some break-in time as long as I can fend off my wife.

The first time she sat in it she asked why the car sounds like it's a out to blow up. haha!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #35
rmastale
Lieutenant
Rep

That should read 'about to blow up'.
Appreciate 0