2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) The Ultimate BMW F10 Order Tracking Guide!
Closed Thread

02-02-2008, 11:06 PM   #771
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i cv blk sapph/saddle

It's the Maersk Wind arriving Charleston 02-12..woooo hoooo,....finally...could I possibly hope for Valentines...wow i not, it'll be close...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #772
e92TwinT
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Space Grey 535i

My car is on the WESTERN HIGHWAY, and will arrive in Charleston on 02/13! Awesome! My CA tells me they will have it at the dealer (estimated) by 2/17! My order date was January 11th.....very fast delivery!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #773
KanosWRX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW 335i / 1994 Miata R

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92TwinT View Post
My car is on the WESTERN HIGHWAY, and will arrive in Charleston on 02/13! Awesome! My CA tells me they will have it at the dealer (estimated) by 2/17! My order date was January 11th.....very fast delivery!
Wow that is a fast delivery, that's like 5 weeks! Mine is going to be about 8-9 weeks But hopefully it will be here next week and it won't even matter anymore.
      02-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #774
Clark Kent
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Monaco, Oyster

Is there a site us West Coasters can use to see which ship our car is on (by typing in the VIN)? I tried the NYK site but that didn't even show the boat itself (unless I'm doing something wrong).

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #775
xtrakrispee
Outside Lookin In
Rep
Drives: AW e90 335i -> X5 3.0 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Is there a site us West Coasters can use to see which ship our car is on (by typing in the VIN)? I tried the NYK site but that didn't even show the boat itself (unless I'm doing something wrong).

Thanks for the help!
Try this link:

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do

I'm on board the Asian Emperor which is scheduled to arrive in Port Huenem on the 25th of February. When did you order yours..?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #776
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

one problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Also see: SHIP TRACKING GUIDE

We’ve been talking a lot about this for weeks, so I thought I would summarize all this information for folks that are still waiting on their cars and those that are new to E90POST.

Once you place your order and give your dealer a deposit, they can then put your configuration into the ordering system and it will give you a production number. If they were able to modify an existing order (for example change color etc.), then your car will initially show up with different options, but it will eventually change.

You can take your Production Number and go online to track your vehicle’s status. Keep in mind that this system is usually a week behind. BMW Owner’s Circle (OC) http://www.bmwusa.com/OwnersCircle/ gives you very little information to simplify the waiting process (and no, we don’t like that, we like detail!) and break the order process into 5 stages:

On Order
As soon as your dealer gives you your production number, it shows up in OC as ‘On Order.’ You should also get a Production Week Number when your car will be produced. One thing to note, that when you go online right after you get your production number, the options you selected when you placed your order will not show up. In fact, it will never show up in OC, ever. The other thing, so that you don’t freak out initially, is that sometimes a dealer can modify an incoming order destined for their dealership, which ends up showing as another color under OC. However, this only takes a few days to update. For example, when I placed my order for Sparkling Graphite, it initially showed up as Alpine White with Terra Leather interior.

Scheduled For Production
Approximately three days prior to your car going into production, OC will reach this stage. The 800 automated information number is much more accurate than Owner's Circle (by two days or so), so use it with your production number to figure out what's going on with your car. The number is 1-800-831-1117; say “Vehicle Production Status” and then read out your production number. If your car production is complete, it will say “Your vehicle production is complete.” This whole stage takes a week or less.

Awaiting Transport
Your car gets loaded onto a train and is then driven to Bremerhaven, where it is unloaded and then has to wait for a ship. This is the painful part; you have no idea how many cars are ahead of yours in line to get on a ship, so you have to just keep hoping it doesn’t take too long. Mine took 8 days from production completion to getting on the ship. A ship sails every 3-4 days destined for the United States East Coast. Not sure how different things are for the West Coast.

En Route
As soon as your status changes to “In Transit” on the 800 number, or to “En Route” on the OC, check the shipping company’s website (Schedules) to figure out what ship your car is on. Or just call your dealer; they know exactly what ship your car is on, and the estimated times of when it will arrive and leave the Prep Center. The dealer has a tool that tells you everything, so leverage this to get the name of your ship so you don’t have to guess.

For east coast deliveries, the shipping company’s website (Wallenius Wilhelmsen) is http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp. They update their schedule in real-time and changes the color of the ‘stops’ to Red after the ship arrives at different ports, signifying that the ship has docked. My ship took exactly 11 days to get from Bremerhaven to New York City. Sometimes, if your ship reports its status, you can track your ship while it makes its way across the pond. Go to http://www.sailwx.info/ and search by ship name. Keep in mind that my ship never showed up, so its really luck that you may see it.

For west coast deliveries, the shipping company's website (NYK Lines) is http://www2.nykline.com/home/index.html. You can also use http://www.dbh.de/index.php?id=151&L=0
to track the departure of your ship from Bremerhaven to Port Hueneme. Apparently NYK Line doesn't make it easy to find your ship. After that, if you want to know when your ship is planning to dock in San Diego, San Diego Marine Information Systems will give you the arrival schedule for Port Hueneme (west coast delivery) at
http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/.

At Preparation Center
Depending on how much time has lapsed between your ship docking and your car getting off the ship, it may take a while to show up at the Vehicle Preparation Center. A lot of wait times in this area is due to the number of cars ahead of yours, and the time it takes to actually wash off all the foreign soil of every vehicle that comes off the ship. Generally, this takes about 7-14 days.

At your BMW Center
Once your car reaches your dealer, they have to PDI your vehicle, which basically means remove shipping blocks, remove the plastic on the inside, check the vehicle from top to bottom, add any dealer installed options (CD Changer, Tint, Aluminum Pedals etc.) and finally, call you up to come pick up your new baby.

If you have any doubts or questions, remember, your dealer has a system that can tell you exactly where your car is, so always defer to your dealer for more information. Hope this helps. Please send me a message if I missed something and i’ll keep editing it to include changes.

Thanks,

Nathan
I have only one problem with this post and that would be this "special tool" the dealer is supposed to have!! I Work for BMW and have no such knowledge of this tool! if you are referring to dealerspeed.XXX that displays the same info you see on owners circle! trust me I have ordered myself a 335xi coupe loaded production number 3924552 and I am tracking via the same ways as the customer! maybe I am missing something if so please let me know ~
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 08:52 AM   #777
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

My ship Maersk Wind is about to land in NY today.....will be in Charleston on 2-13 which is a day later than scheduled but it will be on dry ground in 2 day.....wahoooooooo....................
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #778
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Well....I'm confused...just looked at Maersk Wind schedule....doesn't show destination as Charleston now...it shows Brunswick, GA with no stop whatsoever in Charleston...the orig documentation when I ck'd it showed NY to Charleston....still same date schedule but straight to Brunswick ????? guess it doesn't matter as long as I'm on it but does it affect anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #779
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Dealer just emailed me...landing in Brunswick today with approx intown del date of 2-17.....Happy Prez Day!!!!!hopefully
      02-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #780
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

:broken hea

Well just had a very distressing email from my dealer after all the buildup this morning earlier; the Maersk Wind is arriv in Brunswick due to congestion in Charleston; therefore, all the priority 1 veh will not be unloaded and make it to the dealers BEFORE the end of the month; that means that only a few of these veh will get to us any time soon. The dealer said he will not know which ones will get off & going the quickest until he gets a VIN number list...so guess we can all sit back & pray we'll get our vehicles by the end of the month....
      02-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #781
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Don't know if anyone has thought about it; docks are closed Monday, Prez Day
      02-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #782
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Just had email from my dealer saying my car is on railcar headed for VPC..he would let me know asap status later...this for anyone who had vehicle on Maersk Wind....don't know if left this morn or over weekend...
      04-16-2008, 06:48 PM   #783
Wilson01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi Coupe

So, as previously noted in this thread it sounds like I might be experiencing what some have had before with trackling. The OC says I'm at the VPC, but now on 1800 I'm listed as In transit. I think this may mean I'm on a truck headed for NE. Anyone else have input here?

My CA said it would be next week, but he's a little new and I think this car will be coming sooner?
      06-04-2008, 09:48 AM   #784
gmazet
Captain
Rep
Drives: Broken 2020 M2C

anyone ever get this when they try to track?

Sorry!

There was an application error.

Please try again later.

You may want to go to the Home Page, or the Site Map.
Past: 2008 E92tt 6MT, 2001 E46 6MT 2009 Z06 1997 Camaro SS 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 10:21 AM   #785
Quant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Cab 2008 Space Grey

Anyone know how to do this for Canadian vehicles? The US website does not work with my production number, and I can't find a place to put this in the Canadian website. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #786
Civ95
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328xi Touring

Quote:
Anyone know how to do this for Canadian vehicles?
you can't

only the dealer can give you updates

however, once the vehicle is ready to ship, I understand you can track it on the shipment company's website using your VIN
      06-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #787
gmazet
Captain
Rep
Drives: Broken 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmazet View Post
anyone ever get this when they try to track?

Sorry!

There was an application error.

Please try again later.

You may want to go to the Home Page, or the Site Map.
looks like the website is functional again..

called the 800 number and my car ETA for production complete is 12 June.. another month then I suppose to get it here..
Past: 2008 E92tt 6MT, 2001 E46 6MT 2009 Z06 1997 Camaro SS 6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #788
bsd107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

Can someone please tell me what the 1-800 number is to call for order tracking using the production number?

Lots of folks keep referring to this, but I can't find it anywhere!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #789
WDW1Fanatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E93 335i; Lexus RX400h

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsd107 View Post
Can someone please tell me what the 1-800 number is to call for order tracking using the production number?

Lots of folks keep referring to this, but I can't find it anywhere!

Thanks!
1-800-831-1117

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 07:50 PM   #790
rmorin49
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335d/10 Z4 s30i

What number do you need to find and track your car on WW's website? All I have is my production number. Do I need the VIN?
2011 335d BS/Oyster/PP/CWP/NAV/ipod/USB(Daily Driver) 30+ mpg(retired)
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #791
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin49 View Post
What number do you need to find and track your car on WW's website? All I have is my production number. Do I need the VIN?
Yes, you need your VIN. You can obtain your VIN number by calling BMWNA and giving them your production number.
      11-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #792
Clevername
Registered
Rep
Drives: *

I got my VIN and my car's been on the ship for at least a day now. From what I've read it should be delivered by WWL for an east coast delivery, but when I go here: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto

and put in my VIN it says no data is available. Am I doing something wrong here or has it just not updated yet? FWIW the car's coming from SA.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread