2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition OT: The Official UFC Chat Thread

04-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #1343
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
anyone else excited about Gustafsson vs Silva? think this is gonna be one fell of a fight

also want to see how Bahadurzada does in his debut, think the Fuel TV card is better than some of the upcoming FX cards
I am, should be a great fight!

Anyone see Primetime yet? I'm pumped for that fight.

Have no idea what's going on with Reem... Not a fan of this whole TRT business.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #1344
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

Can anybody please fill me in on what fights are coming up and when/what channel? I want to start following UFC as much as I can. I love MMA and never made time to watch UFC except for PPV events once in a blue.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #1345
SoTempted
Captain
Rep
Drives: Incompetently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post
Can anybody please fill me in on what fights are coming up and when/what channel? I want to start following UFC as much as I can. I love MMA and never made time to watch UFC except for PPV events once in a blue.

A good place to start would be UFC.com. They always have the next event right there on the front page on the left hand side. Also for what channel and stuff, Like UFC on Facebook, they keep air times updated and a few of their prelims for PPV events are streamed on Facebook.

Edit: another source for upcoming events for any of the MMA companies is sherdog.com. On the right hand side they show upcoming events for each of the MMA promoters or whatever.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #1346
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

Awesome. Thanks bro. I don't have FB but I'll check out the website like u said. Sorry for being a noob, I could have figured that out myself

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #1347
SoTempted
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks bro. I don't have FB but I'll check out the website like u said. Sorry for being a noob, I could have figured that out myself
Ah no worries. With all the network changes going on its hard to figure out where UFC's next events will be on. No longer spike, some are on FX, prelims on Fusion or whatever that channel is, some are on thi IonTv channel or some crap. Pretty retarded, sometimes the safest bet is to check the guide on the cable box around the day before an event and search "UFC"
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #1348
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

True, I'll try the search option too, forgot about that. I know there's some channel that has been showing a crap load of UFC fights (all old I'm sure) but I watched a few good matches the other day, made me want to start watching it on the regular, especially since I train in MMA myself, my teacher always encourages us to watch/study other "arts".

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #1349
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:

this is one of my fav sites for MMA, this is where they keep track of all future events, also check out the news tab for all the lastest
http://mmajunkie.com/Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I am, should be a great fight!

Anyone see Primetime yet? I'm pumped for that fight.

Have no idea what's going on with Reem... Not a fan of this whole TRT business.
Primetime was great, cant wait for the next episode. Also, UFC Insider was epic this week, they had a 10 min interview w/ Rashad and Jones side by side, pretty good stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTempted View Post
I actually am kinda excited about that fight. I think Silva will be too aggressive for Gustafsson but it will be a good fight.

Also excited for Stann vs Sakara, I like both of them but I really want to see Sakara start to rack up some wins and develop more, dude's got nice hands.
yea, its hard for me to pick btwn Stann and Sakara, I like both guy. Hope its a good fight though

Last edited by escobar929; 04-12-2012 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #1350
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
here is part of that interview i was talking about btwn Jones and Rashad, for those that dont have Fuel TV

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #1351
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

God I hate Rashad
      04-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #1352
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

war suga!!!

Ok maybe not. I like them both equally. I watched Rashad demolish tito live in Philly. JBJ is a great fighter and person. I want this to be a draw.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #1353
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=w-eJSHoH9Fs#!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #1354
san~man
Tired
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motif View Post
war suga!!!

Ok maybe not. I like them both equally. I watched Rashad demolish tito live in Philly. JBJ is a great fighter and person. I want this to be a draw.
I want Rashad to get KTFO
      04-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #1355
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I'm really not sure what's going to happen in the Rashad v Jones fight. I think Rashad is the last person in the LHW that has any real chance but if Jones T/KO's him in the 1st round that would not surprise me either.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #1356
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm really not sure what's going to happen in the Rashad v Jones fight. I think Rashad is the last person in the LHW that has any real chance but if Jones T/KO's him in the 1st round that would not surprise me either.
I dont think Jones has KO power but if he takes you down and lands those elbows, you are done. Which is why I think Rashad has a good chance at winning this fight, cause he can keep it on the feet where I think he's better than Jones. Jones throws flashy stuff but most doesnt land, Machida was picking him apart till Jones took him down and landed that nasty elbow.

I dont dislike either guy but I think Jones needs an attitude check, I prefer guys like GSP and Anderson, they are two of the best and two of the most humble guys in mma. Jones is way too into himself and unlike Rashad he doesnt admit it and tries to play the good guy role. Maybe losing a fight will make him realize its not the way to be
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 04:07 AM   #1357
san~man
Tired
Rep

OT: great Bellator title fight to tonight. Spoiler below

Dantas looked super impressive

Last edited by san~man; 04-14-2012 at 04:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 04:57 AM   #1358
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
I dont think Jones has KO power but if he takes you down and lands those elbows, you are done. Which is why I think Rashad has a good chance at winning this fight, cause he can keep it on the feet where I think he's better than Jones. Jones throws flashy stuff but most doesnt land, Machida was picking him apart till Jones took him down and landed that nasty elbow.

I dont dislike either guy but I think Jones needs an attitude check, I prefer guys like GSP and Anderson, they are two of the best and two of the most humble guys in mma. Jones is way too into himself and unlike Rashad he doesnt admit it and tries to play the good guy role. Maybe losing a fight will make him realize its not the way to be
I agree on all your points. There's something about Jones, he just seems a whole lot stronger than any other LHW's he's fought. He doesn't necessarily have the one punch KO power but once he gets his hands on someone he throws them around like a ragdoll and has his way. I think once he gets you down, it's over. Also once he grapples, he finds a way to get you down or suplex you over his head. His stand up technique isn't the best in the division but so far he's been able to use his reach effectively. If something lands, it's almost always the beginning of the end though. Shogun said he never recovered from the opening knee JJ landed and it was a battle to survive, not win. I'm not sure how Rashad is going to be able to pull it off. I think he's played the months leading up to the fight really really well, he's definitely inside JJ's head but sometimes that can backfire. Fighting an angry JJ can be worse than fighting a calm, calculated and methodical one. I know when AS fights he always seems to coast, taking his time and picking the right moment to KO you. When he gets angry he's actually trying to take your head off.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 07:30 AM   #1359
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
OT: great Bellator title fight to tonight. Spoiler below

Dantas looked super impressive
spoiler below

sure was man, Fun size was completely out matched. I wanted Dantas to win but didn't think he would do it that easily, specially on the ground. And its unbelievable how young he is, Nova União is really something special, the young talent coming out of there is out of this world.

Also glad Tickle got tapped, learned bjj by watching youtube huh, better hit up submission 101 on RNC escapes lol
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #1360
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
I agree on all your points. There's something about Jones, he just seems a whole lot stronger than any other LHW's he's fought. He doesn't necessarily have the one punch KO power but once he gets his hands on someone he throws them around like a ragdoll and has his way. I think once he gets you down, it's over. Also once he grapples, he finds a way to get you down or suplex you over his head. His stand up technique isn't the best in the division but so far he's been able to use his reach effectively. If something lands, it's almost always the beginning of the end though. Shogun said he never recovered from the opening knee JJ landed and it was a battle to survive, not win. I'm not sure how Rashad is going to be able to pull it off. I think he's played the months leading up to the fight really really well, he's definitely inside JJ's head but sometimes that can backfire. Fighting an angry JJ can be worse than fighting a calm, calculated and methodical one. I know when AS fights he always seems to coast, taking his time and picking the right moment to KO you. When he gets angry he's actually trying to take your head off.
yea, Jones has a huge size and leverage advantage over just about everyone. Rashad only real chance is to fight and smart fight, keep moving and time his takedowns and control Jones on the ground, which we haven't seen anyone come close to doing

whats scary about Jones is whats gonna happen when his striking does come together and become fluid. As much as people think he's dominant now, wait 2-3 years but thats going to be at HW IMO. Like you said, Rashad is his only real contender at LHW. if he gets passed him, i think he will clear out the division by the end of this year
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #1361
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

ufc at sweden tonight. Gus vs Silva, can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #1362
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep

Fuck...Paulo napped. I was expecting better

Siver won. Good on him

Stann is the man!

Last edited by Motif; 04-14-2012 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #1363
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep

Silva didn't win and thats all i care about
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #1364
SoTempted
Captain
Rep

Damn I wanted Silva to win. He came out strong with those initial 3 punches then seemed like he got discouraged after that uppercut. Dammit!!
Appreciate 0