2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Need help with colors..

06-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Breach
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 520dA M Sport

Need help with colors..

I've finalized all other options but still can't decide on colors. For exterior I've shortlisted: Sapphire Black, Space Gray or Milan Beige. The Nappa options are so limited and black on black is well, depressing... Anyway I'm stuck between Nappa Oyster/Black or pure Black. I like the Dakota beige too, too bad there's no Nappa beige available. I'm getting the anthracite inserts (part of a package, and though aluminium looks nice I hear it dents pretty easily - no cheesy wood, thanks). Another thing is the anthracite ceiling - should I get it? Does it go along nicely with oyster/black?

Appreciate any advice..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
bbmertz
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

If you are thinking about Sapphire Black and Space Gray, then you should consider Sophisto (Dark Graphite) Gray, since it is a great compromise in between these two colors. I chose pure Black interior with the Sapphire Black exterior, since I think it will be too difficult to keep the Oyster leather clean. No opinion on the Anthracite...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
dpwr
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmertz View Post
If you are thinking about Sapphire Black and Space Gray, then you should consider Sophisto (Dark Graphite) Gray, since it is a great compromise in between these two colors. I chose pure Black interior with the Sapphire Black exterior, since I think it will be too difficult to keep the Oyster leather clean. No opinion on the Anthracite...
same here, black interior is very easy to upkeep
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
Rudegar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 E500W

I like the Oyster interior and then you can get nappa. I have the oyster color in my car which is 6 years old. Dirt is not a problem. Anyway, the only areas that show dirt are black in this configuration. I'm stuck too on colors. I like the Black Sapphire and Sophisto Grey when you see them up close in bright sunlight. Not so much from a distance. The Space Grey stands out more. And Space Grey looks good dirty whereas the other two are almost black so they show dirt. (After owning cashmere beige and pewter silver cars for the last 12 years I think I have determined that the color of dirt is brownish grey, i.e. it doesn't show up on these colors!) Milano is quite different from the Grey and Black as it is a "warm" color where the others are all "cold". I had a color like Milano on two consecutive 540i's so I do like it. Just been there, done that.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
pharding
Major
Rep
Drives: 23 Audi Q4 e-tron + 14 X3 28i

I am an architect so I will weigh in with my two cents worth. Color is highly subjective. I care about how all of the colors work together as opposed to just picking a bunch of favorite colors. I ordered a Sophisto Gray with Oyster Black 550 for Euro Delivery. Second choice was Mojave with black leather and the anthracite headliner. Third choice was Sapphire Black with Cinnamon Brown and the Black Anthracite Headliner. Fourth choice was Sapphire Black with black and the Black Anthracite Headliner. Fourth choice was Space Grey and Venetian Beige.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #6
iwannabimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda6s grand touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
I am an architect so I will weigh in with my two cents worth. Color is highly subjective. I care about how all of the colors work together as opposed to just picking a bunch of favorite colors. I ordered a Sophisto Gray with Oyster Black 550 for Euro Delivery. Second choice was Mojave with black leather and the anthracite headliner. Third choice was Sapphire Black with Cinnamon Brown and the Black Anthracite Headliner. Fourth choice was Sapphire Black with black and the Black Anthracite Headliner. Fourth choice was Space Grey and Venetian Beige.
So which one you ended up with?

For me, F10 looks best in Space Grey - it really shows its beautiful design. For the inside I love oyster/black combo.

As a second choice, I would say that Black Sapphire with Cinnamon Brown or with Oyster/Black would also look great.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
Breach
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 520dA M Sport

Thanks. Sophisto gray looks too matte, at least on photos. Time for a visit to the dealer to see what they have in person. Any thoughts on this anthracite headliner? Couldn't find any good images of how it looks in reality.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #8
Acquarian
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: new F10 - 535 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breach View Post
I've finalized all other options but still can't decide on colors. For exterior I've shortlisted: Sapphire Black, Space Gray or Milan Beige. The Nappa options are so limited and black on black is well, depressing... Anyway I'm stuck between Nappa Oyster/Black or pure Black. I like the Dakota beige too, too bad there's no Nappa beige available. I'm getting the anthracite inserts (part of a package, and though aluminium looks nice I hear it dents pretty easily - no cheesy wood, thanks). Another thing is the anthracite ceiling - should I get it? Does it go along nicely with oyster/black?

Appreciate any advice..

Just received my 535 i, and I could help on this subject possibly also on the options that I chose and found usefull, and the ones that I regret having chosen,

I chose Sophisto Grey outside, and to be honest I think another colour would have looked better, Milan beige looks good, silver and also White both look wow!

Interior you cannot go wrong with the Nappa Oyster / black , it is amazing !!
and you will appreciate every moment of it.

I chose this option and chose the anthracite roof liner, also the light oyster liner is nice .

Must have options :
sunroof , it will give a fantastic sensation of space and light,
Head up display, just amazing !
Ambient interior light,
Logic 7 stereo system , if you like music, this is superb,
adaptive drive

Options that I wish I did not have and think are a waste of money

Lane Change warning,
DAB digital radio
comfort access
Lane departure warning system
voice control
19 inch wheels,...... I think 17 or 18 inch gives a better ride
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #9
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acquarian View Post
Just received my 535 i, and I could help on this subject possibly also on the options that I chose and found usefull, and the ones that I regret having chosen,
Thanks for your sincerely helpful post.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #10
pharding
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabimmer View Post
So which one you ended up with? ............
Sophisto Gray with Oyster Black.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 09:05 PM   #11
pharding
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breach View Post
Thanks. Sophisto gray looks too matte, at least on photos. Time for a visit to the dealer to see what they have in person. Any thoughts on this anthracite headliner? Couldn't find any good images of how it looks in reality.
Go to the BMW UK web site. Configure the 5er. Select the Anthracite headliner as an option. The interior images will be updated to reflect the anthracite headliner.
Appreciate 0