2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications RaceChip Ultimate Install Pictures for 535i (F10), aFe Scorcher, BMS Stage1 Thoughts?

01-16-2015, 01:41 PM   #45
TShoot
Private
Rep
Drives: 535xi

I was thinking the exact same thing. The cooler denser air (we are not much above sea-level) might work fine for higher settings now in the winter but what happens when it 100+ degrees in the summer. Might have a much different outcome then.

Thanks for the info!
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2015, 01:48 PM   #46
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TShoot View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. The cooler denser air (we are not much above sea-level) might work fine for higher settings now in the winter but what happens when it 100+ degrees in the summer. Might have a much different outcome then.

Thanks for the info!
Take a look at some videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAJ...XMX0vYw/videos

I posted for comparison reasons, I have the date on some and the setting info on all of them in the info area.

Look forward to hearing more from your reviews as well

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 1
      01-17-2015, 07:57 AM   #47
TShoot
Private
Rep

You could hear the turbo spooling up and the exhaust note was great in the videos. Never thought it would accelerate that fast. Did you take 0-60 times for each setting?

I just bumped my setting up last night from D to E because of you. Started it up last night to see if it kicked off any error lights and, so far, so good. We'll see how it runs when I get a chance to take it for a longer run today. Fun stuff.

What RC REALLY needs to do is put the control of the switch settings in to a dial within the car. Now, that would make it fantastic. Similar to changing the MAP setting in a 335i with the BMS JB4 setup.

It is a bit of a pain to have to remove the module, 8 #20 torx screws and use a miniature screwdriver to change settings. Should be much easier. Just my $.02.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 12:34 PM   #48
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
You could hear the turbo spooling up and the exhaust note was great in the videos. Never thought it would accelerate that fast. Did you take 0-60 times for each setting?

I just bumped my setting up last night from D to E because of you. Started it up last night to see if it kicked off any error lights and, so far, so good. We'll see how it runs when I get a chance to take it for a longer run today. Fun stuff.

What RC REALLY needs to do is put the control of the switch settings in to a dial within the car. Now, that would make it fantastic. Similar to changing the MAP setting in a 335i with the BMS JB4 setup.

It is a bit of a pain to have to remove the module, 8 #20 torx screws and use a miniature screwdriver to change settings. Should be much easier. Just my $.02.
Agreed with you, but maybe if we request in a mass amount they can improve and put more features. The great thing about Racechip it has a usb plug i noticed inside the unit. I def prefer RC increasing settings from the module without having to connect my laptop. The setting in BMS Stage2(JB4) is quite unreliable since we all know the installation is longer, taps into computer wires, and the steering wheel map settings is weird sometimes I've read.

So I agree an improvement on how to increase/decrease (settings/map) would be the next big thing. Today I was driving on 3 and Ecopro feels so fast when I press it which is great, its been like this in all modes but as I go up i notice it more. I increased to 4 after 80 miles and no lights no errors. MPG is still great when driving nicely in the highway.

I wouldn't recommend going above 0-1 if you're happy with D-E-F and your Torque App is giving you what its suppose to be. I am just going this high for testing and seeing where I would get a CEL. After I get my OBDII Link I will test out better, but if I remember correctly the MPG improvement were noticeable more on D/E for me.

Enjoy keep us updated

Today on setting 4

Appreciate 1
      01-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #49
TShoot
Private
Rep

ROBNYC, were you the guy filming or the guy or the left that walked away at the end? I didn't even see the Dinan guy even move. How did he do with his tune?

Fun stuff! Thanks for the update.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 08:56 PM   #50
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
ROBNYC, were you the guy filming or the guy or the left that walked away at the end? I didn't even see the Dinan guy even move. How did he do with his tune?

Fun stuff! Thanks for the update.
Yes I was recording sorry for bad bad video, left to me (white X3 35i stock w/ just K&N drop-in filter) and right to me is @mge.92 in the Dinan. This was just a quick run but the only video I recorded... I had just increased to setting "4"

I drove it for a quick 0-60 and it was nice, he's happy and I would be too.

My friend @CrashnBrn5 is editing the 17 parts of the videos he will upload soon i will email it to you. Any updates with you ? videos? etc

This was the 5 cars at the end of the hangout past saturday

This was me on setting 1 & 2 last weekend, it was really quick and fast I didn't have a good proper launch and I was letting the accelerator go at around 75-80 but nonetheless the N55 is amazing (335, 535, X3 35i, X5 35i)

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 02:48 PM   #51
TShoot
Private
Rep

That looked like fun. I thought the 335i would have done much better since it's much lighter with more stock HP and torque. He seemed to do much worse - at least on the 0-60 runs.

The X3 with the N55 did well but you weren't far behind.

I don't have a group of people around here that I could play around with during the weekend or nice open place like that. Most of my weekends have been busy.

I have to find a place to do some wide open runs and take a person to help video tape it.

Enjoyed the videos!
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2015, 11:09 AM   #52
dpe111
Registered
Rep
Drives: Red 2014 F32 428i M Sport AT

Quote:
Did you feel a noticeable improvement in each higher setting? Any issues (CEL, Drive Train Failure, loss of gas mileage, etc.)

Yep, 7 if the highest setting for everyone and 8 is the lowest setting.

Now you make me want to bump it up higher.

So far, a decent bump in torque and HP with about a 2-3 less mpg in similar driving style. Went from about 24mpg down to around 21mpg. Worth it to me - maybe not if someone is much more concerned about getting the highest mpg.

With the bump in performance, it is making my urge to get a 550ix as soon as possible, subside a bit. So for me, it was worth the price of the RC. With the ease of install/de-install on my motor and the bump in performance, if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't hesitate.

I also wouldn't hesitate to recommend the aFe Scorcher to someone either. Also really easy to install with a nice bump in torque and HP and gas mileage seemed to stay the same.

Once the weather gets better, I'll get a chance to play more and update this thread.

Have a great weekend my friends!
Hey Tshoot

Did you feel a bigger bump with the RC on stock mode than with the aFe Scorcher? How do you think they compare to each other? I got a remus powerizer which is the same as the RC but as I am thinking maybe the aFe was a better choice because it came with a fixed setting giving the same performance bump you get with the RC in max settings and without the risk of going over the limit and getting malfunction errors. What are your thoughts on this?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 12:04 PM   #53
TShoot
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpe111 View Post
Hey Tshoot

Did you feel a bigger bump with the RC on stock mode than with the aFe Scorcher? How do you think they compare to each other? I got a remus powerizer which is the same as the RC but as I am thinking maybe the aFe was a better choice because it came with a fixed setting giving the same performance bump you get with the RC in max settings and without the risk of going over the limit and getting malfunction errors. What are your thoughts on this?
Hi dpe111,

Personally, I felt like the aFe was like the RC Ultimate with one setting above the stock setting of S2=B (so S2=C). I now am at S2=E on the RC and I think this is putting out much more power than the aFe. The aFe was really idiot proof to set up. You get a nice little blue light when everything is installed correctly.

Having both, I much prefer the RC Ultimate. If you want to set it and forget it, the aFe gives you a noticeable bump in low to mid-range power. I liked it, I really did.

The RC unit feels more substantial, looks to be much more insulated and weatherproof. It has a plug that you can use to bypass the RC module and put you back to stock settings if it craps the bed on you during a trip and you don't have the tools to de-install it. And, it is upgradable for a lot of other cars with just a re-flash and new harnesses. Plus, I have another 8 settings higher I can go on the RC unit it I want to play.

No question in my mind that I MUCH prefer the RC over the aFe but the aFe does work and is cheaper if that is your goal.

Hope this answers your question.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2015, 03:00 PM   #54
dpe111
Registered
Rep
Drives: Red 2014 F32 428i M Sport AT

Yeah it does, thank you Tshoot
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 07:24 PM   #55
TShoot
Private
Rep

Anytime. That's why we are here.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 08:00 PM   #56
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
TShoot
Recorded these lastnight for you still on setting "4"

30-80mph w/ my gf in the passenger seat

0-70 after I took her home

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 02:00 PM   #57
TShoot
Private
Rep

Nice! Love the sound of the engine. Looks like you are sub 6 second for 0-60. Not too shabby!

Last edited by TShoot; 02-15-2015 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 07:33 AM   #58
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Nice! Love the sound of the engine. Looks like you are sub 6 second for 0-60. Not too shabby!
Hey Tshoot how is it going?
How long you planning on keeping your 535?

Considered a FMIC, Chargepipe, and down pipe yet?

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 08:40 AM   #59
TShoot
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
Hey Tshoot how is it going?
How long you planning on keeping your 535?

Considered a FMIC, Chargepipe, and down pipe yet?
Hi ROBNYC,

Probably keep it for at least another year or so. I have warranty and service out to 2017 and 100K miles. I'm at around 55K now. The previous owner paid for the extended service and warranty. And, since I bought it CPO, they transferred to me. Already saved me the cost of front brakes and a full service.

Not sure what my next car would be. If I could find a sweetheart deal on a 2014 550ix I would probably sell mine and get that.

Not sure what else I would do. I am not sure for the $$$, the other things would be worth the money.

I know most people don't necessarily like them, but I installed a sprint booster (from RC) on my car and I friggin' LOVE it. Absolutely changes the personality of the car for me. Much, much more responsive. It drives like a BMW should with the RC Ultimate TB and RC Sprint Booster. I drive it most of the time in DS (Sport mode for my year). Just loving the ride now.

I'm pretty happy with it right now the way it is set up. Don't want to dump a bunch of money in to it without getting a great bang for the buck.

My gas mileage has gone down a bit since the car is so darn fun to drive now. My right foot has gotten significantly heavier.

How about you?
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #60
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi ROBNYC,

Probably keep it for at least another year or so. I have warranty and service out to 2017 and 100K miles. I'm at around 55K now. The previous owner paid for the extended service and warranty. And, since I bought it CPO, they transferred to me. Already saved me the cost of front brakes and a full service.

Not sure what my next car would be. If I could find a sweetheart deal on a 2014 550ix I would probably sell mine and get that.

Not sure what else I would do. I am not sure for the $$$, the other things would be worth the money.

I know most people don't necessarily like them, but I installed a sprint booster (from RC) on my car and I friggin' LOVE it. Absolutely changes the personality of the car for me. Much, much more responsive. It drives like a BMW should with the RC Ultimate TB and RC Sprint Booster. I drive it most of the time in DS (Sport mode for my year). Just loving the ride now.

I'm pretty happy with it right now the way it is set up. Don't want to dump a bunch of money in to it without getting a great bang for the buck.

My gas mileage has gone down a bit since the car is so darn fun to drive now. My right foot has gotten significantly heavier.

How about you?
Keeping mine till Early or mid 2018 when warranty is up (I have CPO Elite 5yr/75k) I'll be definitely going for X3 Diesel or X3M (m4 engine) depends on my current situation then and how the gas prices will be.
That is great to hear you got a great package with extended warranty & maintenance service.

I was also considering if I find a sweet deal on a X3 Diesel I would sell mine too, but after reading what BMW new rule is after July 2014 certain warranty services are not transferable to new owner.

I went down from 4 to F and have left it on F for the past 2 fillups due to week after week snow after snow since Jan 21st until last Thursday. I am going to Dynojet with Dinan friend on March 28th. I was considering doing minor supporting mods since Humid weather is around the corner but realized my car has a big enough engine bay (as yours) but my small N20 engine breaths good so barely any useful money. I think maybe the charge pipe (smoothens) and down pipe will definitely help me though as I saw someone else with X3 28i.

You got the sprint booster? or is that the Responder? I saw it briefly but thought I already love my Racechip don't need anything else. Even in F i feel the surge of power and get pushed back. I love how when its changing gears you get that push back and feel the whole power coming and going from rear to end lol. Since I'm enjoying the car so much but I hate filling up is what makes me want diesel.

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #61
TShoot
Private
Rep

Quote:
Keeping mine till Early or mid 2018 when warranty is up (I have CPO Elite 5yr/75k) I'll be definitely going for X3 Diesel or X3M (m4 engine) depends on my current situation then and how the gas prices will be.
That is great to hear you got a great package with extended warranty & maintenance service.

I was also considering if I find a sweet deal on a X3 Diesel I would sell mine too, but after reading what BMW new rule is after July 2014 certain warranty services are not transferable to new owner.

I went down from 4 to F and have left it on F for the past 2 fillups due to week after week snow after snow since Jan 21st until last Thursday. I am going to Dynojet with Dinan friend on March 28th. I was considering doing minor supporting mods since Humid weather is around the corner but realized my car has a big enough engine bay (as yours) but my small N20 engine breaths good so barely any useful money. I think maybe the charge pipe (smoothens) and down pipe will definitely help me though as I saw someone else with X3 28i.

You got the sprint booster? or is that the Responder? I saw it briefly but thought I already love my Racechip don't need anything else. Even in F i feel the surge of power and get pushed back. I love how when its changing gears you get that push back and feel the whole power coming and going from rear to end lol. Since I'm enjoying the car so much but I hate filling up is what makes me want diesel.
It's the RC Responder but basically the same thing as a sprint booster only with more settings. Simple to install. Night and day difference with just barely touching the gas pedal. Zero delay in pickup. Just adds to the fun of driving it.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #62
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
It's the RC Responder but basically the same thing as a sprint booster only with more settings. Simple to install. Night and day difference with just barely touching the gas pedal. Zero delay in pickup. Just adds to the fun of driving it.
Setting F for me has 0 lags in any mode, the M235/135 Racechip Tech & Engineer have it on F1 with Wagner FMIC chargepipe and downpipe was told on the M235 thread they're doing 400hp

What setting is your racechip now?

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 04:40 PM   #63
Mingstar88
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

just put on the racechip ultimate for 35i

noticeable throttle response increase on normal mode..havent tested much yet!!

Appreciate 1
      03-24-2015, 12:46 PM   #64
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingstar88 View Post
just put on the racechip ultimate for 35i

noticeable throttle response increase on normal mode..havent tested much yet!!

How is it going

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 06:20 PM   #65
Mingstar88
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

Quote:
How is it going
i havent up the settings yet.
however normal mode is definitely more enjoyable
ive been workng so mcuh that i dont even have time to rip that sport mode
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2015, 09:56 PM   #66
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingstar88 View Post
i havent up the settings yet.
however normal mode is definitely more enjoyable
ive been workng so mcuh that i dont even have time to rip that sport mode
I really enjoyed stock setting as well paired up with Shell or Valero 93 I got big increase in performance over stock.
Enjoy stock setting for a tank you'll be happy regardless.
Same here so much work and lately so much potholes.

Appreciate 0