2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Has anyone bought www.DVDinmotion.com software?

05-11-2011, 05:30 AM   #111
cliveywolves
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport Plus Edition 2020

Hi, DVDinMotion,

I would like to order the unlock option for the DVD Playback and also I have got Pro Nav so would it be possible for me also to unlock the DAB function with some of your software, Im based in the UK... ???? Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #112
Hustjo
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 540xi M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdinmotion View Post
Hi Hustjo, the hardware should be in your car and it is possible to enable it. DAB is dependent on country or region where it is used, so this is a little more complex.
if you could make this work, i would be more than happy to give it a try
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 01:40 AM   #113
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustjo View Post
if you could make this work, i would be more than happy to give it a try
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliveywolves View Post
Hi, DVDinMotion,

I would like to order the unlock option for the DVD Playback and also I have got Pro Nav so would it be possible for me also to unlock the DAB function with some of your software, Im based in the UK... ???? Cheers
As I wrote before, enabling DAB function will be a little more complex. So I would like to ask anyone interested in this to write me an e-mail with VIN code of the car and country of residence. Based on this we can proceed further.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 02:48 AM   #114
Hustjo
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 540xi M

Quote:
As I wrote before, enabling DAB function will be a little more complex. So I would like to ask anyone interested in this to write me an e-mail with VIN code of the car and country of residence. Based on this we can proceed further.
Where do find the VIN number on the car ?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 02:54 AM   #115
cliveywolves
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Cheers for the reply..

What is your email and ill get the info over to you asap..

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #116
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustjo View Post
Where do find the VIN number on the car ?
On the car is few different places where the VIN number is written and it depends on the model of your car. I think easiest way is to look into vehicle registration documents.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #117
maxmm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 535d GT

BTW i'm in the UK and i've got DAB enabled officially

In case it could be helpful for you...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 07:46 AM   #118
cliveywolves
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa View Post
BTW i'm in the UK and i've got DAB enabled officially

In case it could be helpful for you...

Hi ..

Tell me more please
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #119
maxmm
Enlisted Member
Rep

cliveywolves - i just meaning in case something is required for dvdinmotion guys to 'look at' (for example to check which bits / masks are enabled for DAB) - i've got a car with factory-integrated DAB radio (which is mostly useless all over the EU - not working in France, Germany, Czech, etc)
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #120
cliveywolves
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
cliveywolves - i just meaning in case something is required for dvdinmotion guys to 'look at' (for example to check which bits / masks are enabled for DAB) - i've got a car with factory-integrated DAB radio (which is mostly useless all over the EU - not working in France, Germany, Czech, etc)

OK cheers for that
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #121
Martyn.Simm
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i M-Sport (F10)

I'm also very I treated in the ability to enable dab functionality bases in UK. Will send an email to dvdinmotion and post my results. Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 05:13 AM   #122
okram
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f10

I can't wait! Do you have any idea when a new product would be available and which functions can we hope for?

[QUOTE=dvdinmotion;9573900]Gentlemen, we are currently in the process of developing new product (software - CD based) which will allow us to code other units and do many new cool things - The Sky Is The Limit

QUOTE]
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 05:29 AM   #123
cliveywolves
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn.Simm View Post
I'm also very I treated in the ability to enable dab functionality bases in UK. Will send an email to dvdinmotion and post my results. Fingers crossed.
Hi,

Yeah done the same im dealing direct with them , they are going to create a beta version of DAB unlock for my F10, Sounds Good.... Very Clever Guys,,
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #124
maxmm
Enlisted Member
Rep

Guys, sorry to say - but from what i've learnt, the DAB-enabled head unit is different one in hardware terms (there are two more connectors for digital radio antennas, addnl chips installed, etc)

Therefore, i think it is not possible to enable DAB as there is no required hardware installed, but hopefully i'm wrong...
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #125
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Guys, sorry to say - but from what i've learnt, the DAB-enabled head unit is different one in hardware terms (there are two more connectors for digital radio antennas, addnl chips installed, etc)

Therefore, i think it is not possible to enable DAB as there is no required hardware installed, but hopefully i'm wrong...
Hi Shapa, I think you are not entirely right on this. DAB configuration is dependant on country (region) of sale and apparently on manufacture date and other factors too. Additional chips and antennas apply for configuration with double HW tuner but there is also config with only one tuner possible. I am saying this mostly because we already succeeded enabling DAB in car where it wasn't present by default.

We are still gathering additional informations on the subject and I will post conclusion and all the details as soon as we will be confident on this. Stay tuned
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 06:35 AM   #126
maxmm
Enlisted Member
Rep

dvdinmotion - I'm really glad to hear that )

Still dreaming about 'internet' option (it is enabled, but "internet is not availible in your country")

Don't you have any client who has officially enabled this option? I'd like to understand is it completely blocked in the UK (but should be enabled soon) or BMW checks VIN number on their proxy servers...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #127
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3

Works great! Great CS also.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #128
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0D MSport F25

Hi Dvdinmotion,

I'm located in Australia and about to get delivery of new F25 X3.
Happy to puchase your product but also help to test for further developments.
Can you also remove the first screen where you need to click "I Agree" to the saftey warning?
Thanks
Roderic
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #129
BMW3FXD
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M-Sport (on order)

@dvdinmotion

I've ordered the Internet option in the UK (as its cheap as chips) but this will only work while stationary.

Will your standard dvdinmotion unlock patch work for the internet option as well as the DVD? i.e. are you just changing a parameter which unlocks all otherwise stataionary features.

Also, will it also unlock the TV option for the same reasons, or does it require a different cd patch from you guys?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 03:26 AM   #130
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW3FXD View Post
@dvdinmotion

I've ordered the Internet option in the UK (as its cheap as chips) but this will only work while stationary.

Will your standard dvdinmotion unlock patch work for the internet option as well as the DVD? i.e. are you just changing a parameter which unlocks all otherwise stataionary features.

Also, will it also unlock the TV option for the same reasons, or does it require a different cd patch from you guys?
I'm sure youll get a response however .....

I asked the same question about the TV directly via their website ..... the TV in motion will unlock (assuming you have the TV tuner installed).

The options were slightly different on my current F11 ..... but the google, news, weather etc that I have now works in motion it just warns you first before you use it. Not sure if the current internet option is the same ?

M
      05-29-2011, 06:49 AM   #131
BMW3FXD
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M-Sport (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukstevens View Post
I'm sure youll get a response however .....

I asked the same question about the TV directly via their website ..... the TV in motion will unlock (assuming you have the TV tuner installed).

The options were slightly different on my current F11 ..... but the google, news, weather etc that I have now works in motion it just warns you first before you use it. Not sure if the current internet option is the same ?

M
Lucie from dvdinmotion replied thsi morning with the following response regarding UK Internet Option....

"DVD and TV options are always unlocked and this unlock is working 100% all over the world. The Internet option is somehow specific and needs to be unlocked in a different part of the system. As this function is relatively new, we are still gathering and processing data for this function. We can prepare an Internet unlock CD for you free of charge, but at this time I cannot fully guarantee it will work in your car (no risks involved, it simply may not work now)."

This company is great! If they havent cracked it yet then I'm sure they will do. I will definitely be placing an order with them when I take delivery at end of July. I've also asked them about unlocking the "hidden" Prof SatNav DAB radio in the UK.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #132
GestapoWatch
Rep
Drives: 520d M Sport, Alpinweiss

Ok I have a UK F10 built in January and would like the following if possible:

1. DVD playback whilst moving (which we know is already available)
2. iPhone video playback (Is this possible via DVD currently?)

My car currently does not have the following and customer services says they CANNOT currently be retrofitted (happy to be used/abused as necessary to help with this if needed?):

3. Internet function
4. TV function
5. DAB enabled

Perhaps a post clarifying what is/isn't currently possible with the latest version of the DVD and by country would be useful?

Great work I look forward to picking up a copy if/when as much as possible can be added
Appreciate 0