2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Mission Performance: New style of remote coding and diagnostic

04-24-2016, 11:48 PM   #1
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Mission Performance: New style of remote coding and diagnostic

Remote coding has been offered by many vendors for a while now, though most are still using the old, obsolete technology. Until now, customers had to download/install a 1GB+ software package and allow remote desktop control access to your computer.
Well now this is about to change. We are in process of rolling out our custom remote coding, factory update, performance flash and complete vehicle error diagnostic. All of this will be done using a simple cable package (that you can rent from us) as well as a 5mb software package. All you need is a laptop with stable internet connection as well as one USB port. A customer will start a program, click connect and that's it. Sit back and relax while we do the work on our end, without compromising your computer's safety by using a remote desktop applications.

Coding package is self explanatory. The customer downloads and fills out the coding checklist PDF, uploaded it at the time of purchase. We remotely connect to your car and perform all of the coding.

Diagnostic package will allow us to run a full vehicle diagnostic using BMW factory software and send you a full diagnostic report. This will include error code/airbag/adaptation reset.

Factory update package allows us to perform full BMW factory update on your vehicle. Most updates are quick and can be performed over personal hot-spot. Bigger updates such as navigation NBT/CIC require a steady high-speed internet connection.

Performance re-flash package allows us to flash your vehicle remotely. This is designed for our returning customers that have purchased M-Boot option and would like to update to higher performance stage of the reflash.
Appreciate 3
      04-25-2016, 08:41 AM   #2
Secret_Asian
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f10 lci luxury line

Is this the only option for mboot? here I have access to multiple dcan adapters multiple enet adapters as well as a factory original icom and a china icom plus multiple j2534 tools. While its probably not a frequent thing to reflash but having to wait for shipping an interface back and forth is not super convenient but I get that you want to protect you IP. Would be nice to be able to use one of these commonly available interface for relfashes if possible from a cost and time saving perspective but like I said i do get why you would want to use your own interface
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2016, 03:03 PM   #3
Secret_Asian
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f10 lci luxury line

nada no takers am i all alone on this?
Appreciate 0