2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Music Collection Quality after Backup and Restore

11-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Music Collection Quality after Backup and Restore

Anyone notice a loss of music quality after Music Collection backup to a USB drive and restoring same back to the car?

I backed up my Music Collection to a USB drive, converted the BR5 files to WAV files (for which there should be no loss), but when I play the WAV files on the car directly from the USB drive, I feel there’s something different about the quality / levels / volume, but not 100% sure.

Please advise, as I plan to convert the WAV files back to BR5 files, but I’m hesitant to delete the Music Collection already on the car prior to Music Collection restoration if it means a loss of quality. I’d really like to get my Music Collection organized, but don’t want to do so at the expense of quality. Don’t understand why BMW doesn’t allow us to re-order saved albums. That’s all I’m asking for!

ALSO, is there any way to do a partial restoration (without deleting the Music Collection already on the car) to test / compare an album or two?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0