2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Do you turn off forward collission alert on your car with ACC?

05-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Do you turn off forward collission alert on your car with ACC?

Curious, for those of you with ACC, do any of you turn off forward collision alert?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
Zaman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW (F10) 528i Xdrive

Garage List
No, I wouldn't. I guess it won't be like A/S/S which is annoying. I watched a clip about Volvo's auto full brake, the system is designed in a way that considers relative speed and distance and doesn't brake in a way that reduces the driving joy.

2012 528i XDrive Alpine white
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP
Curious, for those of you with ACC, do any of you turn off forward collision alert?
No, I leave it on EARLY with ACC.

This system is brilliant. Plus, if you are gonna drive like a badas$, you have no business being close any other vehicle. Take it to the track.

Plus, these collision warning systems are designed to offset the added risk of driver distractions in the cabin. The collision system does not intervene the same way the dsc intervenes. The dsc is a horizontal safety intervener and the collision system is a vertical intervener.

As such, a vertical intervener will come into play with significantly less frequency than a horizontal intervener.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
LiveLarger
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: F11 520d M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
No, I leave it on EARLY with ACC.

This system is brilliant. Plus, if you are gonna drive like a badas$, you have no business being close any other vehicle. Take it to the track.

Plus, these collision warning systems are designed to offset the added risk of driver distractions in the cabin. The collision system does not intervene the same way the dsc intervenes. The dsc is a horizontal safety intervener and the collision system is a vertical intervener.

As such, a vertical intervener will come into play with significantly less frequency than a horizontal intervener.
+1 I leave it on early.
Appreciate 0