2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Confused about 2012 528i xDrive Sport/M-Package

07-21-2015, 09:46 AM   #23
valbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F10 M5 CP 600 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmy5 View Post
Please explain. 2011 528i/535I xdrive had full DHP?
Please check this 2011 535i xDrive M Sport as example: http://www.bmwofstratham.com/used/BM...f53bb3d8e7.htm
Check the VIN and see it has ARS and DSC: http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html
The car has the necessary DHP components and is not too far away from you. I mean, you can search a bit wider and get a great car at good price and on acceptable distance.

Last edited by valbmw; 07-21-2015 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 11:19 AM   #24
wheresmy5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbmw View Post
Please check this 2011 535i xDrive M Sport as example: http://www.bmwofstratham.com/used/BM...f53bb3d8e7.htm
Check the VIN and see it has ARS and DSC: http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html
The car has the necessary DHP components and is not too far away from you. I mean, you can search a bit wider and get a great car at good price and on acceptable distance.
Higher mileage and not certified, but you're right...DHP!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #25
valbmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmy5 View Post
Higher mileage and not certified, but you're right...DHP!
That was an example, you understand. Mileage is nothing, the real condition depends on did the owner a proper service and daily care or he didn't. Also so called certification is a marketing trick (like BMW "star" certified tires or "Premium Selection" at my local dealer). But anyway there are very attractive variants within your budget, you'll find the best one soon.
I am always impressed how cheap are the cars in the US. This is cool.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 12:32 PM   #26
wheresmy5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbmw View Post
That was an example, you understand. Mileage is nothing, the real condition depends on did the owner a proper service and daily care or he didn't. Also so called certification is a marketing trick (like BMW "star" certified tires or "Premium Selection" at my local dealer). But anyway there are very attractive variants within your budget, you'll find the best one soon.
I am always impressed how cheap are the cars in the US. This is cool.
Understood. Thanks man.

Not to derail the topic too much (but I'm OP so maybe I can - you say certification is a gimmick but what do you suggest for 3-4 year bmw to mitigate typical reliability concerns? Warranty? Roll the dice and buy neither warranty/cert?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 12:56 PM   #27
valbmw
Lieutenant
Rep

I would stick on three standard things: doing personal check & test drive, watching service history and requesting full technical inspection.
This is normal when a performance car has higher mileage than a grandma's carriage. Considering the average 3-4 year car will have like 50-60k miles, it's time to have injectors/turbos checked, belts and transmission oil changed.
Warranty is a cool thing also some rich fellows buy an extension, also some useful retrofits can be like additional bonus.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #28
moosebeamer
Rep
Drives: 2012 528xi msport+dinan n20

Sorry Im late to the party .. Just been too busy with work.

I have a '12 528x with Msport package and of course only have the DDC. When I went looking for a CPO car 2 years ago, I didn't realize, until way too late of what was actually in the car and wasn't. BMW has over complicated their model options and limitations. You almost need a degree in BMW shopping (BABMW).

I had aspirations that DHP was there .. alas... Yes DDC does make a difference but the after market springs will help more. I havent done the after market springs mostly because I haven't decided how long Im keeping my car (which now has 67K on it) though I have a 100K warranty.

I did however Dinan tune the engine. What a difference, and yes I went the warranty way for peace of mind. The power is on par with the 6. Of course it still sounds like a 4. Im use to a 4 since I had a T4 for decades. I wont deny the sound of a 6 is infinitely better. I like that I can have fun and still get great mileage.

The other area I didn't realize was an option that wasn't there was the split folding rear seat ... Gawd I miss that option having driven a cars with such a feature for decades. I dont always want to put a rack on top but have to ... So now I have a ski box that makes my elegant 5 look like it has an alien head.

The final area I wish my car had was the sport auto (since there is no manual for xdrive). I miss my manuals, and other sport trannies are just more fun to drive. The classic 8 speed does too many stupid things at times which drives me nuts. Doesn't matter if I reset the adaptive ECU/transmission or not. Its the same transmission, just different programming. I dont even want the paddle shifters which dont fit my hand/finger sizes anyhow. BMW cant install the software alas. My work around ... I just through it in manual mode as often as I can.

Just my rambling
Barry
Barry
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 11:16 AM   #29
wheresmy5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Put a deposit on a '12 535 xdrive Sport (not M sport) w navi, premium sound, 41k miles.

But no backup camera!!
Appreciate 0