2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Anyone successfully coded F10 in the UK?

04-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #463
pow216
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10

Chirp on locking

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Nice collection.
There are few more which you can code
1- Chirp on locking / unlocking
2- Launch control (seems working on 2011 F10 car but no 'flag' symbol.
3- Fog delete coding (for M5 body kit owners)

And I am sure that this list will grow everytime bmw will update the modules.
Can anyone help me with this on my 2011 F10 (I-step F010-12-11-503)

I've coded
HU_CIC->ACOUSTICAL_LOCK_CONFIRM->aktiv

But still no beep on lock / unlock

I've checked the following FZD->3001:-
Buzzer level high level_7 7
Buzzer frequency initwert 79
Buzzer duration initwert 0A

Any ideas as to why it doesn't work? In idrive I've ticked the box that has now appeared "acoustic sig. lock/unlock". It doesn't seem to have any effect.

Thanks

Last edited by pow216; 04-10-2015 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 03:28 AM   #464
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pow216 View Post
Can anyone help me with this on my 2011 F10 (I-step F010-12-11-503)

I've coded
HU_CIC->ACOUSTICAL_LOCK_CONFIRM->aktiv

But still no beep on lock / unlock

I've checked the following FZD->3001:-
Buzzer level high level_7 7
Buzzer frequency initwert 79
Buzzer duration initwert 0A

Any ideas as to why it doesn't work? In idrive I've ticked the box that has now appeared "acoustic sig. lock/unlock". It doesn't seem to have any effect.

Thanks
Set these
Akkustische Quittierung Schaerfen
Akkustische Quittierung Schaerfen mit Klappenbeachtung
Akkustische Quittierung Entschaerfen

to aktiv

Revert all other values to default in FZD and CIC which are related to buzzer.
Akkustische Quittierung Entschaerfen
to activ in FZD module and you will be good to go.
      04-11-2015, 02:01 PM   #465
pow216
Enlisted Member
Rep

makkan00,

Thanks so much. It is working now.

I am trying to get the car to beep on lock only, any ideas?

I think Schaerfen means arm and Entschaerfen means disarm. Even with only coding "Akkustische Quittierung Schaerfen mit Klappenbeachtung" to aktiv I get two beeps when unlocking the doors.

I will try setting only "Akkustische Quittierung Schaerfen" aktiv later or tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 02:16 PM   #466
pow216
Enlisted Member
Rep

With the the following settings I get 1 beep on lock and NO BEEPs on unlock:-

HU_CIC -> 3000 ACOUSTICAL_LOCK_CONFIRM = aktiv

But make sure the tick box in idrive is not ticked!!!!!!!

then I set:-
Akkustische Quittierung Schaerfen = aktiv
Akkustische Quittierung Schaerfen mit Klappenbeachtung = nicht aktiv
Akkustische Quittierung Entschaerfen = nicht aktiv

After a bit more playing around and reading one of shawnsheridans posts the meaning of the settings dawned on me

Akkustische Quittierung Schaerfen = Acoustic acknowledgment when Arming regardless of the door status
Akkustische Quittierung Schaerfen mit Klappenbeachtung = Acoustic acknowledgment of Arming depends on the door status

I think "door status" here means whether the i-drive box is ticked or not. So unticking it manages to turn off the two beeps some of us don't want.

But the mystery remains as to why
Akkustische Quittierung Entschaerfen = Acoustic acknowledgment when Disarming gives the two beeps even when set to nicht_aktiv !!!

So if I tick the i-drive box the two annoying unlock beeps come back.

Last edited by pow216; 04-11-2015 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 05:00 PM   #467
MalithS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 LCI 530D Luxury

Can anyone tell me if coding will void warranty? Would BMW be able to detect that the car has been coded?

Also can the internet browser be enabled via coding alone? If so does it then use the car's own sim or your bluetooth for data?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 05:11 AM   #468
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Answers inline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalithS View Post
Can anyone tell me if coding will void warranty? [A tricky one to answer. Depends on what is broken that you need to make a warranty claim. Linked to the next answer.]

Would BMW be able to detect that the car has been coded? [If your car is working fine, then NO. Dealers do not look at the individual modules to see if anything has been coded. If however, something is broken and you take the car to the dealer to get fixed, and the dealer believes it is a pure software issue and it is not being fixed by a software update - the dealer may investigate in detail as to the audit log of the changes to the individual modules. I am not aware of any dealer even being aware of this coding concept.]

Also can the internet browser be enabled via coding alone? [Can be enabled if you have Professional SatNav with other connectivity options already. This will require a FSC code that needs to be purchased from either BMW or someone who can provide this code for a price. ]

If so does it then use the car's own sim or your bluetooth for data [It uses the car's SIM]
      04-16-2015, 04:03 AM   #469
MalithS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 LCI 530D Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
Answers inline...
Thanks gspannu. So from what you say even if the coding is reverted back before going to the dealers they can see a change log which would show them that is has changed. Makes coding a bit of a risk I guess if they can see what you have done previously.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 05:32 AM   #470
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalithS View Post
Thanks gspannu. So from what you say even if the coding is reverted back before going to the dealers they can see a change log which would show them that is has changed. Makes coding a bit of a risk I guess if they can see what you have done previously.
Not exactly. As I wrote, I am not aware of any dealer who even knows that coding exists. Or put it another way, I have had a dealer request me to change their own cars to disable Auto Start Stop - and they still do not know how it has been done. I am not saying all dealers are unaware; but majority are.

It is only if the dealer suspects that there has been a software fault, and they go about specifically digging into some logs; and then they they might notice that something has been changed. Whether they can attribute the change to you and make a warranty claim void is a debate.

- Can BMW (from a technical capability perspective) find out whether you have coded your car or not? The answer is YES.
- Does a dealer check that a car has been coded? The answer is NO.
- Will a dealer check that you have coded your car if there is a software issue. The answer is usually NO.
- Can a dealer find out if your car has been coded, if he specifically thinks that some misuse has happened. The answer is YES.

At the end of the day, it is a risk that you have to be prepared to take vis-à-vis the benefits of the features you get via coding. I have coded cars over a 100 times, and so far no one has ever reported a dealership having an issue. Country wide there would be thousands of coded cars and dealers none the wiser.
I never code back any changes before taking my car to the dealership. Have been coding for over 3 years. My own cars have been coded and I continue to do more modifications as and when I find time.
At some level it is all irrelevant; its your choice and the appetite for the risk.

Last edited by gspannu; 04-16-2015 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 09:03 AM   #471
texasjohn
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

gspannu, whereabouts are you located?

Previous: F31 340i, E90 335i SE, E87 130i, F10 550i, E92 335i, E61 550i, E90 335iM, E87 130i, E87 118d, Z4M, Z4 3.0i SMG, E46 330D, Z3M, Z3 3.0i, Z3 3.0i (USDM)
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 03:29 PM   #472
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

gspannu - sorry if I've missed it, but can you code the car to have auto-hold on by default ?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 03:35 AM   #473
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjohn View Post
gspannu, whereabouts are you located?
Live in Basingstoke and work in Winchester.
Both in Hampshire
      04-20-2015, 03:36 AM   #474
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morellomax View Post
gspannu - sorry if I've missed it, but can you code the car to have auto-hold on by default ?
Nope... Cannot be coded (as far as I am aware).
      04-20-2015, 04:43 AM   #475
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
Nope... Cannot be coded (as far as I am aware).
That's a shame. Our Mk7 Golf has auto-hold and will remember the last setting, and so I'm used to it being on by default. Thanks for the reply though.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 02:59 AM   #476
Russ200
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 m340i

thread bump i know anyone in Shropshire who can do any coding? i would like to turn off my dipped beam as DRL's and only have the halos on.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 07:48 AM   #477
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

whynot give it a go yourself? . just a laptop and a cable and the software ( search these forums...)

I am not as experienced as others here with coding but have made a few changes myself.
just follow the instructions very carefully.
Huge list of things you can change , most quite minor but some more significant such as disabling stop / start.

I have had my car serviced twice since coding and they have not updated the software and my changes are still there.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 10:08 AM   #478
kinhwear
Devon Old Geezer
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Where do you find the list of what can be changed?

Is there an idiot's guide somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 10:10 AM   #479
Russ200
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 m340i

I would but don't own a laptop only a mac and iPhone. I'm keeping my eyes open for mycarly updates as I used this on my e90 but need there 2nd gen wifi but that could be months away.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 12:06 PM   #480
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinhwear View Post
Where do you find the list of what can be changed?

Is there an idiot's guide somewhere?
If you google F10 cheatsheet you will various versions out there. Huge number of settings that cane be made. some are specifi c to the equipment you have, some you might already have as later versions of the car included some of these settings.

If I may , one such link here if I'm allowed to post.
http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktio...hmentId=722804

My favourite setting changes on my car are Disable stop /start and Indicators displayed in the HUD.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2016, 08:02 AM   #481
silo24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ200 View Post
thread bump i know anyone in Shropshire who can do any coding? i would like to turn off my dipped beam as DRL's and only have the halos on.
PM'd you.
      12-19-2016, 11:30 PM   #482
Turks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Glad I have found this thread - I have just bought (last month) an F10 M5 and really disappointed with the Ambient Lighting. Have been searching alsorts to see if there is a fix, and this looks to be about the best I'll be able to do without taking off Door Cards and chopping in new LED's etc.

I've never done Coding before, but i'm confident i'll be ok given there are plenty on this thread that are similar and have been successful...

Any chance someone could PM me the links to the E-Sys Download? I should be able to sort the cable myself.

Looking forward to seeing what little bits I can adjust to make the car more Personal / Comfortable...

P.S. I also have a 4.8is E53... does this software work with this too? Would like to set Auto Fold Mirrors, Auto Locking etc..

Turks.
Past:
(2014) F10 M5 - Monte Carlo Blue
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 11:20 AM   #483
Tony_ca1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 LCI

LDW

Hello Gspannu.
Coding is very new to my but after reading forums for hours and hours i got all the software and a Enet cable and managed to code some simple things on my F10 from 2016. Coded blinkers in HUD , High Beam Assist and some other things. Now i have bin reading on coding LDW on my F10, but there i am a little scared read on alot of forums that they get allot of errors after trying to code LDW (like camera errors ,sorry for my English it is not so good i live in Belgium ) Can it be code if you dont have the swith and dont have the vibraiton in the steering wheel without errors?? I ask this because coding is very new to me and if i get errors i would not know how to fix the errors problems. ( I got Ista installed and that works and i know how to let the program read the car for errors and erase the errors but i am not sure that if ik get errors after trying to code LDW that i can erase them with Ista. So i am turning to you and ask if you can help me with this.
These are my car options

[IMG]D673386_NL optielijst kopie-1 by Antonio Isidoro Pestana, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]D673386_NL optielijst kopie-2 by Antonio Isidoro Pestana, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hope to hear from you or someone els that has code this option on a F10 LCI

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 02:41 PM   #484
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_ca1 View Post
Hello Gspannu.
Coding is very new to my but after reading forums for hours and hours i got all the software and a Enet cable and managed to code some simple things on my F10 from 2016. Coded blinkers in HUD , High Beam Assist and some other things. Now i have bin reading on coding LDW on my F10, but there i am a little scared read on alot of forums that they get allot of errors after trying to code LDW (like camera errors ,sorry for my English it is not so good i live in Belgium ) Can it be code if you dont have the swith and dont have the vibraiton in the steering wheel without errors?? I ask this because coding is very new to me and if i get errors i would not know how to fix the errors problems. ( I got Ista installed and that works and i know how to let the program read the car for errors and erase the errors but i am not sure that if ik get errors after trying to code LDW that i can erase them with Ista. So i am turning to you and ask if you can help me with this.
These are my car options

[IMG]D673386_NL optielijst kopie-1 by Antonio Isidoro Pestana, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]D673386_NL optielijst kopie-2 by Antonio Isidoro Pestana, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hope to hear from you or someone els that has code this option on a F10 LCI

Thank you
I wouldn’t bother coding it if you do not have the appropriate steering wheel. I eventually gave up trying to code this, and ordered my new car with LDW.
Not worth the hassle in my opinion.
Appreciate 0