2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications 2011 535xi Performance Upgrades?

12-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
MAC'S M3
Private
Rep
Drives: 535xi

2011 535xi Performance Upgrades?

So I'm getting the mod bug and want to do some things. I've done some exterior mods, roof wing, decklid, msport front and sides, and now am looking to do some performance mods. Anyone have any suggestions. I know it's not an m5 or a 550, it's an xi and works for me. I really enjoy driving the car but feel the need for some mods.

I'd like to do something with the suspension. My dreams for suspension upgrades would be eventually to go on airbags. That's a mod in the future I'd like to achieve. But for now I'd like to fix the handling as i feel its slacking in stability and also I'm looking for a more aggressive stance. So coils or springs are to come. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

But as far as performance I'd like to do some upgrades like a Tune. I've been trying to do some research but as I am not technically savvy I'm trying to figure which would be best for my XI, if its possible. Any suggestions and info would be greatly appreciated.

Second, while trying to educate myself on performance upgrades I wanted to know if I could change my downpipe or is it charge pipe? Again info on these upgrades if possible would be greatly appreciated.

I also like to add quad exhaust. So to do this, do I need to change the entire rear bumper or is it just the diffuser I need?

Lastly, BOV's can these be upgraded on my car. I've heard that sound of spool I believe it is, on other turbocharged cars and wanted to know if my car could create that loud turbo sound? Again info would be greatly appreciated.

So thanks guys for reading, ill try to post some pics next time.
Attached Images

Last edited by MAC'S M3; 12-01-2013 at 11:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Welcome to the forum my friend

Suspension-wise, if you go with springs, H&R gives the best drop and handling, while maintaining comfort, plus it's very affordable if on a budget. For coils, your best bet is KW coils, but CKS and 3D Design make decent ones as well, but they are least $1K+

For tune, the inline-6 works best with the BurgerTuning JB4, especially because of the customizability. From what I heard (I have a 550, so V8TT for me), the power gains are substantial, the difference in throttle response is incredible, plus it's less than $400, making it one of the most affordable tunes on the market.

Regarding the custom exhaust, you can ask your shop to cut your current diffuser to fit the pipes, some other members have done that. Or, like you did with the front and sides, get an M-Sport rear and a diffuser that fits quads. If you don't want to spend too much $$$, I recommend getting an M sport replica rear and @EmpireMotorsports for diffuser if you wish to go aftermarket, their quality is top notch.

You can get downpipes, either catless or catted. AR Design makes some excellent products, but he advised they are expensive.

I don't know too much on increasing the turbo spooling noise, but I've heard the BurgerTuning intake for the N55 (inline 6) is pretty damn good, and it does amp up the turbo spool sound somewhat.

I hope this helped, and enjoy your ride my man. Any more pics btw?

P.S. Think about adding wheels to your wish list too, they don't hurt
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
sanyomats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535, 328

OP has a xdrive....cant do coilovers....
Appreciate 0