2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Coding question.

06-04-2019, 04:40 PM   #1
Swiss Tony
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Coding question.

Hi All,

I've searched hard for a definitive answer to my questions but the more I read, the more confused I get.

So, hopefully a simple wish.... I have a 2011 F10 550i that I would love to code two things only.

First one is to default to Sport mode on start up. Driving in "Normal" mode is so soft and restrained on throttle response. I'd rather not have to remember to switch modes before I drive off.

The second one is to have the mirrors fold in immediately on pressing the lock button on the key, and the reverse when I press unlock. I have powered mirrors with the switch in the armrest and I know that if I hold the lock button down for a few seconds, it does fold the mirrors but I also have a sunroof and at the same time the motorised blind starts to close and ends up half open. I just want to hit the button briefly as you would do just to lock and have the mirrors fold without operating the sunroof blind.

I have downloaded and played around with the BimmerCode app which I hope might allow me to do this but before I pay for the full version and buy an OBD adaptor to use it with, I want to make sure it can do what I'm hoping for.

Could anyone please confirm that these two items are doable and tell me which parameters in BimmerCode I would need to set?

Thanks in advance...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #2
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

I can't tell you the parameters but I can verify some info.
Your first one, sport mode, not possible, no matter what you use.
Second one, folding mirrors, possible. But there is a delay.
I have mine coded with CA, so I touch the gable and it kicks the car and folds the mirrors.
A quick touch doesn't fold the mirrors.
You may also want to research bimmercode a bit more because it takes more than just the app.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 11:57 PM   #3
550bye
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [5.67]
I have used Carly for BMW in the past and it has the option to fold mirrors on keyfob. But it is the OBD Carly Dongle and a paid app subscription for either IOS or Android.

Either route, check out the lists of possible coding that is available for you. Good luck!

BIMMERCODE
https://www.bimmercode.app/cars/f10/

CARLY
http://support.mycarly.com/knowledge...t-is-possible/
Upgraded 51mm turbos, Heatsync Stage 3 Flash, JB4 stacked, BMS WMI, Arm Charge Pipes, Heatsync Catless DPs, X-Pipe, Res Muffler Delete, xHP Stage 3 Trans Flash, Turbosmart Diverter Valves, 3.5 TMAPs, Oil Cooler, Heatsync Front Mounted Max Cool Intakes, Walbro LPFP and e40 mix rollin on Stance SF07 9x20 w/Toyo Extensa and 10.5x20 w/Toyo R888R.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:03 AM   #4
mness
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535iM

Default Sport mode - not possible - plenty of us have wanted it for years.

I have my mirrors coded to the shortest delay - 1/2 second. I don't think you can have it be immediate. Pretty sure that the mirrors/windows/sunroof are all one setting, you can't code only the mirrors. They'll unfold with the brief press to unlock your car, you don't need to hold the button to unfold them.
2013 535i M-Sport: Carbon Black with Oyster/Black Dakota, SAT, Driver Assistance Pkg, Premium Pkg, Multi-Contour Heated Seats, Navigation, H/K stereo. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S non-runflats, M5 grille, Painted reflectors from IND.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 07:32 AM   #5
Swiss Tony
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the replies, shame about the Sport Mode default

For the mirrors, I guess I need to decide if it's worth buying the adaptor and full version of Bimmercode just for the one item
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:16 PM   #6
starlights
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 50i

If memory serves me right I believe its possible to code mirrors to fold instantly with keyfob when locking through bimmercode. I had it set like that earlier and didnt like that everytime I locked the car the mirrors folded (although it could have been a very short delay - i dont remember as this was a while ago). I changed the coding to a 1.5 sec delay so I can choose when to fold mirrors or not.

Some other coding that Bimmercode made easy was closing trunk with key fob, video in motion and turn indicators in HUD.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 01:18 PM   #7
Swiss Tony
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlights View Post
If memory serves me right I believe its possible to code mirrors to fold instantly with keyfob when locking through bimmercode. I had it set like that earlier and didnt like that everytime I locked the car the mirrors folded (although it could have been a very short delay - i dont remember as this was a while ago). I changed the coding to a 1.5 sec delay so I can choose when to fold mirrors or not.

Some other coding that Bimmercode made easy was closing trunk with key fob, video in motion and turn indicators in HUD.
Hmm, those other three options sound interesting.. Maybe it's worth the investment after all. It's not a massive price.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 04:53 PM   #8
Jeffcharger
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60, F10 (535i)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
Hmm, those other three options sound interesting.. Maybe it's worth the investment after all. It's not a massive price.
There are a lot of handy things you can do with the coding. I use Carly, and you can read about all of the items that are possible by following the lead provided above.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 09:45 AM   #9
550bye
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [5.67]
I plugged in my Carly last night while messing around on E-Sys and it's Dashboard interface has been updated. I am sure whichever you choose you would use it for then just the three codings. It's nice to have an app while driving around to check a fault if need be, or DYI your own rear brakes with the electric park brake, check parameters and so on. I found it to be extremely helpful and still keep it in my car as a backup.

Here's some snapshots of the interface of Carly, maybe one of the BimmerCode guys could send some and you can get a better idea of what is possible. Good luck.
Attached Images

Upgraded 51mm turbos, Heatsync Stage 3 Flash, JB4 stacked, BMS WMI, Arm Charge Pipes, Heatsync Catless DPs, X-Pipe, Res Muffler Delete, xHP Stage 3 Trans Flash, Turbosmart Diverter Valves, 3.5 TMAPs, Oil Cooler, Heatsync Front Mounted Max Cool Intakes, Walbro LPFP and e40 mix rollin on Stance SF07 9x20 w/Toyo Extensa and 10.5x20 w/Toyo R888R.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 07:25 PM   #10
starlights
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffcharger View Post
There are a lot of handy things you can do with the coding. I use Carly, and you can read about all of the items that are possible by following the lead provided above.
Does Carly require yearly subscription now?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 07:51 PM   #11
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

Yes it does.
Appreciate 0