2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Vibrant 11619 j style o2 sensor spacer?

02-28-2020, 12:16 AM   #1
top ramen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Schwarz II 535i

Vibrant 11619 j style o2 sensor spacer?

Wanting to know if anyone have any personal review about this product. Heard this product is pretty popular in the Porsche and Audi community with good reviews to keep the CEL from coming on and passing state emission.

For you guys with catless dp and your state requires obd2 emission test what do you guys do to pass.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:09 PM   #2
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by top ramen View Post
Wanting to know if anyone have any personal review about this product. Heard this product is pretty popular in the Porsche and Audi community with good reviews to keep the CEL from coming on and passing state emission.

For you guys with catless dp and your state requires obd2 emission test what do you guys do to pass.
this is pretty much a defouler correct cause i'm trying to find the one i need on my catless VRSF dp i have. i'll have to google Vibrant 11619
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:59 PM   #3
ziekxq
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xDrive

I believe this is what I got on my VRSF downpipe and I have 0 issues passing emissions on this for the last 3 years.
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2020, 04:37 PM   #4
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziekxq View Post
I believe this is what I got on my VRSF downpipe and I have 0 issues passing emissions on this for the last 3 years.
does it look like this? and correct me if i'm wrong but you said one is only needed and it's be installed after the 1st 02 sensor so really after that cat if there would be one there?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 06:09 PM   #5
ziekxq
Major
Rep

Yeah it is post cat. Turbo > o2 on dp (don't put it here as this is the one used to calculate AFR) > Cat (if you go Catless than of course there is no cat lol) > o2 sensor (this is where you put this extension) > exhaust.
Appreciate 1
      02-29-2020, 01:28 AM   #6
top ramen
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the response. I just ordered mine today. 3 years now and no issues? Which restrictor size did you use if you dont mind me asking since it comes in small, medium or large. Also do you have picture of how you angled it. Some people said to angle it upward incase there is condensation so that settling water doesn't flood the O2 sensor.

So to my understanding once I put this on my post cat O2 sensor I dont need a tune to get rid of the CEL when running catless.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 12:01 PM   #7
ziekxq
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the response. I just ordered mine today. 3 years now and no issues? Which restrictor size did you use if you dont mind me asking since it comes in small, medium or large. Also do you have picture of how you angled it. Some people said to angle it upward incase there is condensation so that settling water doesn't flood the O2 sensor.

So to my understanding once I put this on my post cat O2 sensor I dont need a tune to get rid of the CEL when running catless.
I don't know the size of the restrictor since mine came with this piece as I bought it used. It looks exactly the same and it is angled upwards. I switched phones and some how lost the pictures of when I was going through the PS2 install. But I remember it being angled upwards. Also, correct no tune needed, this will remove CEL as it puts the second o2 sensor further away from the gases coming down the dp making the sensor have readings like as if there is cat.

Sometimes I do get the CEL in winter time if push the car a little (4kprm) to warm it up but o2 isn't warmed up yet. I have cold start delete so that could also a contributor for o2 to take time to heat up. Even then the CEL is for o2 sensor and not cat.

Last edited by ziekxq; 02-29-2020 at 12:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 03:11 PM   #8
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

i'll keep that in mind to have it facing upward when i install it. no teflon tape is needed as i guess it would melt right? and like top ramen asked i wonder why there's 3 different restrictors and which one do we need to use?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 06:23 PM   #9
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
i'll keep that in mind to have it facing upward when i install it. no teflon tape is needed as i guess it would melt right? and like top ramen asked i wonder why there's 3 different restrictors and which one do we need to use?
Teflon will definitely melt and essentially just glue the threads together. Use some anti-seize and call it a day.
Appreciate 1
      02-29-2020, 06:31 PM   #10
ziekxq
Major
Rep

I am not sure about the restrictor but I can try to take a picture of it if I can get a good angle on it during diverter valve swap. Few weeks when my turbosmart diverter valve comes in as I will be replacing the DV+ with turbosmart one.
Appreciate 1
      02-29-2020, 06:52 PM   #11
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am not sure about the restrictor but I can try to take a picture of it if I can get a good angle on it during diverter valve swap. Few weeks when my turbosmart diverter valve comes in as I will be replacing the DV+ with turbosmart one.
cool. the diverter valve a pain to swap or get to?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 08:28 PM   #12
ziekxq
Major
Rep

Quote:
cool. the diverter valve a pain to swap or get to?
The top bolt from what I heard is the PITA to get to.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 03:10 PM   #13
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

just came in! i see the 3 restrictors that it came with all with different openings. looks like you would have to slide one of these into the one end. been searching and even checking out some youtube videos but couldn't find anything yet as far as which size to use?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 08:20 PM   #14
top ramen
First Lieutenant
Rep

Found some answer but it's from the VW/Audi and Focus ST guys. Lots of them use the small to medium restrictor size; mostly medium size on there stock turbo setup. Saw a product review where a guy said he used the medium size on his bmw and It work perfectly and lights never came on.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2020, 10:45 PM   #15
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Found some answer but it's from the VW/Audi and Focus ST guys. Lots of them use the small to medium restrictor size; mostly medium size on there stock turbo setup. Saw a product review where a guy said he used the medium size on his bmw and It work perfectly and lights never came on.
cool. i'll use the medium and see what happens. thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 02:18 AM   #16
sweettalker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Vrooom

I just purchased this as well but where do u install it. On the downpipe or somewhere else? If on the dp it will be a complete waste because labor to get to the downpipe would just be same as passing emissions with under the table smog.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 05:15 AM   #17
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettalker View Post
I just purchased this as well but where do u install it. On the downpipe or somewhere else? If on the dp it will be a complete waste because labor to get to the downpipe would just be same as passing emissions with under the table smog.
it goes on the 2nd O2 sensor on the dp. in your case it should've been done at the time of install
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 07:49 AM   #18
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
the restrictor would be inside the Vibrant so there wouldn't be way to see what size restrictor was used unless you remove it. i watched a few Youtube vidoes on the Turbosmart diveter vlave. since installing the dp i can see at least under my car now and i don't know if because mine is RWD but there's a bit more room especially with the shroud removed. there's more room to get to that top bolt and another Youtuber had recommended using a longer allen. youtuber Thicgarage has an update video that shows his shop was actually able to access that top bolt from the top side since he couldn't get that 3rd bolt back on. the video clips he posted sound really good as he's got a comparison of the stock diverter valve and the Turbosmart. you already have the GV so i'm not sure of how much of a sound difference you'll hear when you swap yours out.

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 03-18-2020 at 07:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 07:51 AM   #19
ziekxq
Major
Rep

Quote:
watched a bunch of Youtube vidoes on the Turbosmart diverter and since installing the dp i can see at least under my car since it's RWD there's a bit more room especially with the shroud removed. there's more room to get to that top bolt. also, Thicgarage has an update video that shows his shop was actually able to access that top bolt from the top side. the video clips sound really good as he's got a comparison of the stock diverter valve and the Turbosmart. you already have the GV so i'm not sure of how much of a sound difference you'll hear when you swap yours out.
I returned my turbosmart diverter valve. I thought I had issue with my DV+ but it was a tuning issue. Plus I know someone who has F30 335i and he didn't like it due to how there is a delay in boost. I am staying with DV+ for now, and I don't have the BOV version where you hear the woosh sound. Can't see doing that to a bimmer just can't.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 07:56 AM   #20
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I returned my turbosmart diverter valve. I thought I had issue with my DV+ but it was a tuning issue. Plus I know someone who has F30 335i and he didn't like it due to how there is a delay in boost. I am staying with DV+ for now, and I don't have the BOV version where you hear the woosh sound. Can't see doing that to a bimmer just can't.
ah...i would've bought the Turbosmart from you. oh well lol. i like the swoosh sound. sounds better than coming from the intake. thisgarage in his 2nd video shows it's holding boost a little bit longer before the valve opens
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 12:58 PM   #21
ziekxq
Major
Rep

Quote:
ah...i would've bought the Turbosmart from you. oh well lol. i like the swoosh sound. sounds better than coming from the intake. thisgarage in his 2nd video shows it's holding boost a little bit longer before the valve opens
I got the non-bov version for 182 dollars but they gave me 10 dollar discount because they didn't had it in stock lol. Is this video comparing it with DV+ or stock DV?

If you want to buy look at RCA Garage for cheapest price on this.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2020, 03:51 PM   #22
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I got the non-bov version for 182 dollars but they gave me 10 dollar discount because they didn't had it in stock lol. Is this video comparing it with DV+ or stock DV?

If you want to buy look at RCA Garage for cheapest price on this.
I didn't know they had different versions so I'll look into it more.

He has video of the stock diverter valve and one after so you can hear the difference
Appreciate 0