2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Buying Advice 530D Luxury

02-19-2015, 10:22 AM   #23
Gorsh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330d F31 Luxury sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalithS View Post
ha ha

Pro Nav is standard on the Luxury
I had already deleted my post after realising it was std - wasn't meant as a joke lol.

For Weekends and sunny days:
981 Boxster GTS
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 11:08 AM   #24
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Ok so latest update -
One of the other dealers I rang yesterday called me this morning and said they can match the figure I wanted but wanted me to commit straight away. By this time I had also decided to add 4 zone climate so I asked them to add that as well and match my figure which they did. So I have now placed an order for the following spec:

530D Luxury
-Colour - TBC
-Interior - Oyster/Black
-Trim - Fine line anthracite wood or dark ash wood cant decide
-Sport Auto
-Head up display
-Powered boot
-Sunroof
-Folding dimming side mirrors
-High gloss shadowline trim
-Sun protection glass
-Split folding rear seats
-Sports seats
-Multifunction instrument panel
-Speed limit display
-4 zone climate
-Loudspeaker advanced
-Service inclusive package

All in it looks like I've managed a discount of about 22.9% which is quite good. Just after I confirmed this my local dealer also rang and they wanted to see if they could beat this. I wonder how much I would have got
Congrats.... now the wait
      02-19-2015, 12:55 PM   #25
Piers
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F10 535d M-Sport

Quote:
Ok so latest update -
One of the other dealers I rang yesterday called me this morning and said they can match the figure I wanted but wanted me to commit straight away. By this time I had also decided to add 4 zone climate so I asked them to add that as well and match my figure which they did. So I have now placed an order for the following spec:

530D Luxury
-Colour - TBC
-Interior - Oyster/Black
-Trim - Fine line anthracite wood or dark ash wood cant decide
-Sport Auto
-Head up display
-Powered boot
-Sunroof
-Folding dimming side mirrors
-High gloss shadowline trim
-Sun protection glass
-Split folding rear seats
-Sports seats
-Multifunction instrument panel
-Speed limit display
-4 zone climate
-Loudspeaker advanced
-Service inclusive package

All in it looks like I've managed a discount of about 22.9% which is quite good. Just after I confirmed this my local dealer also rang and they wanted to see if they could beat this. I wonder how much I would have got
Sounds lovely, look forward to seeing the pics.

When you say 22.%, what was the start and end price if you dont mind?
Any finance involved?
Cheers
Piers
2017 F10 535d MSport Auto - Mineral Grey - Oyster leather - 19" 351M's - Pro Media - Enhanced bluetooth - MSport rear spoiler - Sun protection glass - Harman Kardon Hifi - Multi Function Display - Ambient Lighting - Folding mirrors - Sunroof - LED adaptive headlights
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 01:50 PM   #26
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Nice spec indeed. Might have been quicker to list the options you didn't order!
Now the difficult bit, the wait.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 06:48 PM   #27
MalithS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 LCI 530D Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Nice spec indeed. Might have been quicker to list the options you didn't order!
Now the difficult bit, the wait.
Thanks. hmm yes might have got a bit carried away with the options but I was determined to have all the toys this time as I kept regretting not having enough on my current 520. Would've still loved to add a few more (VDC) but my wife would have killed me

Yes the wait will be killing me now. Dealer thinks they maybe able to get it for end of March as they already had a build slot for this time. Will have to wait and see once I confirm colours etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 05:43 PM   #28
MalithS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Went to the dealer this afternoon to choose colour/trim and wheels:

Went for Sophisto Grey but I liked the Imperial Blue as well. Dealer had a 3 series in blue which the guy said was imperial blue but comparing it to the Sophisto grey the blue didnt have as much metallic flakiness. Anyone have photos of their imperial blue cars?

Went with 454 alloys that are standard on the Luxury but I like the look of the 452 turbine spoke alloy as well. Unfortunately the dealer didnt have and examples for us to look at.

I chose the Dark Ash wood trim as I currently have the fineline anthracite and the dark ash looked nice however the dealer didnt have any cars with it for me to look at. Its been quite difficult to get some photos. Does anyone have dark ash wood trim and if so could you please post up some photos?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 02:01 AM   #29
WillieMaykit
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Here is my F11 in Imperial Blue on a cloudy day

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 07:32 PM   #30
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Went for Sophisto Grey but I liked the Imperial Blue as well. Dealer had a 3 series in blue which the guy said was imperial blue but comparing it to the Sophisto grey the blue didnt have as much metallic flakiness. Anyone have photos of their imperial blue cars?

Went with 454 alloys that are standard on the Luxury but I like the look of the 452 turbine spoke alloy as well. Unfortunately the dealer didnt have and examples for us to look at.

I chose the Dark Ash wood trim as I currently have the fineline anthracite and the dark ash looked nice however the dealer didnt have any cars with it for me to look at. Its been quite difficult to get some photos. Does anyone have dark ash wood trim and if so could you please post up some photos?
I have had the Sophisto Grey, Callisto Grey and the Imperial Blue F10 in the last 3 years.

My personal choice would be Callisto Grey -
A) very few people have this colour, so quite exclusive
B) this colour has the most amount of 'Xirallic' fleck effect, which gives the colour numerous shades under different light conditions. The colour varies from a dull grey to a bronze green to a reflective two tone grey depending on whether it's overcast cloudy, bright sunny or fluorescent lighting.

I will dig out some old photos and post them here. Will do so as soon as I get a chance to get to my backup hard drive. Probably on Monday...
      02-22-2015, 03:44 AM   #31
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

I have had the Sophisto Grey, Callisto Grey and the Imperial Blue F10 in the last 3 years.

My personal choice would be Callisto Grey -
A) very few people have this colour, so quite exclusive
B) this colour has the most amount of 'Xirallic' fleck effect, which gives the colour numerous shades under different light conditions. The colour varies from a dull grey to a bronze green to a reflective two tone grey depending on whether it's overcast cloudy, bright sunny or fluorescent lighting.

I will dig out some old photos and post them here...

Edit: Photos attached.

The 1st 4 photos are Sophisto Grey

Name:  SG0.JPG
Views: 1421
Size:  591.4 KB
Name:  SG1.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  197.0 KB
Name:  SG2.jpg
Views: 1398
Size:  219.9 KB
Name:  SG3.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  176.7 KB

------------------------------------------------------------------
The next 3 photos are Callisto Grey

Name:  CG1.JPG
Views: 3220
Size:  476.2 KB
Name:  CG2.JPG
Views: 1529
Size:  726.0 KB
Name:  CG3.JPG
Views: 1714
Size:  774.3 KB

------------------------------------------------------------------
The last 4 photos are Imperial Blue

Name:  IB1.JPG
Views: 1437
Size:  455.0 KB
Name:  IB2.JPG
Views: 1376
Size:  435.5 KB
Name:  IB3.JPG
Views: 1406
Size:  809.3 KB
Name:  IB4.JPG
Views: 1402
Size:  768.3 KB
      02-22-2015, 03:59 AM   #32
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Some more Imperial Blue attached...
Attached Images

02-22-2015, 05:00 AM   #33
Piers
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F10 535d M-Sport

Don't forget Space Grey, the best a man can get
2017 F10 535d MSport Auto - Mineral Grey - Oyster leather - 19" 351M's - Pro Media - Enhanced bluetooth - MSport rear spoiler - Sun protection glass - Harman Kardon Hifi - Multi Function Display - Ambient Lighting - Folding mirrors - Sunroof - LED adaptive headlights
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 04:54 AM   #34
MalithS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
Some more Imperial Blue attached...
Thanks gspannu.

I hadnt even considered the Callisto grey as I thought this was just a darker version of the Space Grey. It really does seem rather nice from the photos you posted. You've just made my choice more difficult.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 04:55 AM   #35
MalithS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piers View Post
Don't forget Space Grey, the best a man can get
I've currently got a Space Grey 520 so dont want the same colour again. It is a very nice colour but want the new car to be different.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #36
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks gspannu.

I hadnt even considered the Callisto grey as I thought this was just a darker version of the Space Grey. It really does seem rather nice from the photos you posted. You've just made my choice more difficult.
The Callisto Grey is probably the most unique colour out of the three; and as i said, it exhibits the most different shades in different lights. Also, I have not seen many Callisto Greys on the road either.

The only reason I bought the Imperial Blue was that I wanted a different shade this time; but hindsight and given a choice, I would switch to Callisto again.
      02-23-2015, 02:16 PM   #37
Anad
Rep
Drives: 2014MY F10 520D Luxury

I was going to post a picture of my Callisto grey car but I see that many of the post rub out the number plate on the car...why is this please ?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 02:39 PM   #38
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anad View Post
I was going to post a picture of my Callisto grey car but I see that many of the post rub out the number plate on the car...why is this please ?
Privacy !

Why would anyone want to advertise a car number plate out in the open, as some scrupulous individuals might use it for nefarious activities?
      02-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #39
Anad
Rep
Drives: 2014MY F10 520D Luxury

MalithS - I would certainly take another look at Callisto, as gspannu commented the shade change is vast dependent on the lighting...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 05:24 PM   #40
MalithS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anad View Post
MalithS - I would certainly take another look at Callisto, as gspannu commented the shade change is vast dependent on the lighting...
It really is amazing the different shades from the callisto. The BMW configurator just shows it as a darker grey but the photos on here look soo different.

Since my delivery date is end of March would I still be able to request a colour change if I wanted? I am guessing the cars are only built a week or so prior to delivery.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 02:23 AM   #41
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It really is amazing the different shades from the callisto. The BMW configurator just shows it as a darker grey but the photos on here look soo different.

Since my delivery date is end of March would I still be able to request a colour change if I wanted? I am guessing the cars are only built a week or so prior to delivery.
Not really. Once the order is locked down by BMW Germany, you can't change it unless you want to miss your build date. If you want to specify a colour change, you should get on the phone to the dealer asap.
      03-03-2015, 06:09 AM   #42
MalithS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Latest update:

Dealer informed me that car is due week 13

Does anyone know if there is a way to track BMW orders? I have been given the VIN by the dealer and looking around there was a guide to track builds but this was only BMW US. Can euro orders be tracked somewhere?

The wait is killing me ....
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 11:44 AM   #43
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

My dealer, who seems pretty helpful generally, says there's no facility for direct customer tracking. Mine is due at dealer in week 12....
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #44
MalithS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Just checked the VIN online and it says the car was built last Friday

Dealer confirmed the car had left the factory yesterday. Predicted delivery to them is week 13. This is going to be the longest 2 weeks ever ....
Appreciate 0