2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) Week 35 production

09-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #89
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: "The Brothers //M-Sport" E90/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
How did you get such a specific delivery day? I've always been told "eh, it gets here when it gets here" and things like what boat it ends up on, the weather, backups at the VPC, etc. can make the ETA quite variable.

I need to sell my current car before the new one arrives, but I don't want to sell it too soon and end up walking for two months...
My SA is better than your SA When he checked the status, my car was already built and on the train to the port or at the port already so that gave him a more specific idea on the trip over the pond and to VPC for delivery. Plus, my E60 is the trade in for the F10, so it will be a bitter sweet day come the first weekend in October.
      09-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #90
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Easy how to tell if you have Combox

Quote:
Originally Posted by papahotel View Post
When we get our cars. How can we check for ourself, if then combox is really build inside?
I think the easiest way to tell will be that: a) you won't have the Y-Cable anywhere in the car. b) Your I-Pod will work using it's supplied cable hooked up to the USB port (only) inside the armrest.

Further confirmation will be that your Album Cover Art displays, and you can Voice Command a Title, Artist, Album, etc. If I remember correctly, this will work on all "Fifth Generation" and up I-Pods, etc.

I have to read that july Bulletin again.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #91
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
Rep

At the port waiting for the boat!

Last post in Ex audi's thread. I'll start my own roll call once I get the name of the boat it is on
      09-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #92
Grizzles
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 M

Anyone in the US have a prod date yet with 550xi m sport? I am still waiting for a production date. They tell me week 37 at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 06:51 AM   #93
f10fan
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series

My new F10 is now on it's way to the dealer. Can anyone advice if i have any right of rejecting the car without the 6VC Combox? will i lose the deposit? or is there a possibility of getting a hardware and software update of the idrive with the features that 6VC Combox includes in the near future?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #94
SDRX
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 540i M Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by f10fan View Post
My new F10 is now on it's way to the dealer. Can anyone advice if i have any right of rejecting the car without the 6VC Combox? will i lose the deposit? or is there a possibility of getting a hardware and software update of the idrive with the features that 6VC Combox includes in the near future?
You can only reject the car if it does not match the specification originally ordered. Therefore, if you or the dealer successfully determined that 6VC should be fitted to the vehicle at delivery, then the dealer is in breach of contract if the supplied vehicle is 6VC deficient.

If your F10 is on its way to the dealer, my guess would be pre week 37 build? In which case 6VC is very unlikely. Other members have done serious research on 6VC dates so i'm sure they will help. As far as the legal stuff is concerned, you can reject if anything is breach of written agreement.

If 6VC includes new hardware, I would be very surprised if the dealer can do this easily and at relatively low cost, if at all.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #95
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f10fan View Post
That might depend on the dealer. I had a custom build for an 08 335i coupe and it was on the boat when the news of the cold weather package including a heated steering wheel (previously it was just heated seats) and the entirely new i-drive system. My dealer had no problem re-allocating the boat-car to somewhere else and placing a brand new order for me. Price went up a little bit, but in the end we all got what we wanted.

As far as a retrofit, the news bulletin for the system specifically stated that the new system will not be retrofit-table to pre September builds.
      09-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #96
Soon ExAudi Guy
Week 36 Build
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRX View Post

If your F10 is on its way to the dealer, my guess would be pre week 37 build? In which case 6VC is very unlikely.
There is NO basis for saying that a pre-37 week build is "unlikely" to have the 6VC/ComBox. Everyone is concerned about it, but BMW memos suggest that all September builds will be fine. Nobody has had a dealer say in absolute terms that a pre-37 week won't have it. Nobody knows for sure. SDRX, what is you basis for saying that it is "unlikely"?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #97
f10fan
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series

The fact that annoys me most is that i ordered my F10 on 18 May 2010
The salesman said its worth waiting for September delivery as the car would be worth more if registered from September 2010 , so i did. Now the car is due to be delivered this week which is 4 months wait. I wonder why didn't the salesmen notify me in advance for the September changes like 6VC Combox?! Is this letdown a good reason for me to complain to BMW? Im tempted to make a big fuss out of it.
Thank you guys for all your advice.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #98
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Hmm... Tough call. You ordered the car without these items so in BMW's eyes, you are getting what you ordered. In reality, the upgrade was announced back in July so you should have been able to push your build back to get the upgrade. Will your dealer not let you reject this car and order another? Sounds like F10 build slots are tough to come by so re-ordering could mean another extended wait.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #99
Soon ExAudi Guy
Week 36 Build
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

I received confirmation from BMW that my week 36 build will have the new ComBox.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #100
bdardashti
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon ExAudi Guy View Post
I received confirmation from BMW that my week 36 build will have the new ComBox.
+1.

My E90 which is also week 36 has the new ComBox installed.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #101
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Hey ExAudi and bdardashti, how are you confirming this? Anybody I get on the phone at BMWNA seems clueless and tells me to talk to my CA. My CA seems unable to give me any confirmation. Please tell me how you are confirming the combox is in your week 36 cars? My car went 153 "Assemblmbly Started" this morning...
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #102
Ellmat
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 3.0D MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon ExAudi Guy View Post
I had delayed my order to be certain that my vehicle would be built in September and thus pick up the new ConnectedDrive features. I am slotted for a week 35 production. Can I relax, or is there any chance that I could see my car built without the new features? I assume that this is the first week back from the plant holidays.

Can anyone tell me?
Hi, I have a 530 with Pro Sat-Nav etc, built in April 2010....do you know what the difference is between existing connect drive and the "new" version?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #103
bdardashti
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Hey ExAudi and bdardashti, how are you confirming this? Anybody I get on the phone at BMWNA seems clueless and tells me to talk to my CA. My CA seems unable to give me any confirmation. Please tell me how you are confirming the combox is in your week 36 cars? My car went 153 "Assemblmbly Started" this morning...
I got the car's VIN and production number from my CA, called BMW Canada (BMWNA didn't have access to my car since it was a Canadian order), and based on the VIN they told me the car has "6VC Combox Controller." The lady on the phone, although attempting be helpful, was clueless as well. I just told her to look for a line called 6VC on the order, and she said it says "6VC Combox Controller" I confirmed with her that it did not say Blocked in front of it. And my dealer's Sales Manager and/or (not sure) General Manager is contacting their BMW Canada regional sales manager to get confirmation. But he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellmat View Post
Hi, I have a 530 with Pro Sat-Nav etc, built in April 2010....do you know what the difference is between existing connect drive and the "new" version?
- Single-wire USB connection to iPod/iPhone
- Blackberry "office" functionality to download calendar, email, sms to car. may come to other phones in future
- Cover art for iPod/iPhone
- Bluetooth music streaming
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #104
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellmat View Post
Ellmart,

If you do a search on these Forums, you should be able to locate a link to the infamous July 9th bulletin that describes the changes to the September production vehicles. In addition to this, there are some U-Tube videos of the Combox that explain this in more detail as well. (Do a search on BMW Combox and see what you get.) That being said, there might be some features you have in the U.K. that we do not get in the States, although am not sure.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #105
Ellmat
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghueser View Post
Ellmart,

If you do a search on these Forums, you should be able to locate a link to the infamous July 9th bulletin that describes the changes to the September production vehicles. In addition to this, there are some U-Tube videos of the Combox that explain this in more detail as well. (Do a search on BMW Combox and see what you get.) That being said, there might be some features you have in the U.K. that we do not get in the States, although am not sure.
Ghueser

I`m sure Euro vehicles versus NA change slightly to meet demands and tastes. I think the most common thing we all have, is lack of information from BMW at time.

Thanks for the update on the "combox".I`ll check it out.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #106
Ellmat
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdardashti View Post
I got the car's VIN and production number from my CA, called BMW Canada (BMWNA didn't have access to my car since it was a Canadian order), and based on the VIN they told me the car has "6VC Combox Controller." The lady on the phone, although attempting be helpful, was clueless as well. I just told her to look for a line called 6VC on the order, and she said it says "6VC Combox Controller" I confirmed with her that it did not say Blocked in front of it. And my dealer's Sales Manager and/or (not sure) General Manager is contacting their BMW Canada regional sales manager to get confirmation. But he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

- Single-wire USB connection to iPod/iPhone
- Blackberry "office" functionality to download calendar, email, sms to car. may come to other phones in future
- Cover art for iPod/iPhone
- Bluetooth music streaming
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #107
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OK... I have that on my build sheet as well. It says 6VC Combox Controller and it does not say blocked. But this sheet was printed out on Aug 10th, before this issue of delays in getting the Combox part...
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #108
bdardashti
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
OK... I have that on my build sheet as well. It says 6VC Combox Controller and it does not say blocked. But this sheet was printed out on Aug 10th, before this issue of delays in getting the Combox part...
Call BMWNA and keep pushing for an answer. Chances are since ex audi guy and I both have the combox and our cars are done production, yours will have it as well. But for your peace of mind, call them and speak to reception. If they don't give you answer, ask for after sales customer service, or perhaps product planning. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #109
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Call BMWNA and keep pushing for an answer. Chances are since ex audi guy and I both have the combox and our cars are done production, yours will have it as well. But for your peace of mind, call them and speak to reception. If they don't give you answer, ask for after sales customer service, or perhaps product planning. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Thanks, I will call BMWNA again. But my concern, and maybe I'm getting too worked up over this, is that simply having the combox on the build sheet doesn't confirm that one was put into the car! I don't view that as confirmation and yet CA's are telling customers the combox is confirmed because it is on the build sheet.

I'll let you know if I hear anything of value from BMWNA...
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #110
bdardashti
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I will call BMWNA again. But my concern, and maybe I'm getting too worked up over this, is that simply having the combox on the build sheet doesn't confirm that one was put into the car! I don't view that as confirmation and yet CA's are telling customers the combox is confirmed because it is on the build sheet.

I'll let you know if I hear anything of value from BMWNA...
Hmm good point. Thanks for getting me paranoid I think at this point it's out of our control. What can we do? Short of getting in touch with the factory? Perhaps get the situation escalated and get someone to confirm that the car has it. Other than that, do we even have confirmation that the rumors we heard of delays for the combox installation were in fact true?
Appreciate 0