2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Sat Nav / HUD Direction arrows

02-11-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
NigeNige
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530D M Sport E60

Sat Nav / HUD Direction arrows

While researching on various forums and You tube, I heard somewhere that if you have head up display fitted you cannot get direction arrows on the professional nav split screen. Is that correct?

Also having taken the plunge and ordered the multi functional instrument panel, does anyone have video or photos of the panel with nav direction arrows, adaptive cruise indications and radio stations displayed. So far I have only seen the basic screen in the different modes (sport etc) with the car stationary and none of the toys turned on.

Nigel
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
Piers
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F10 535d M-Sport

Hi Nigel,
Will try and get a photo later of the nav directions, but essentially it shows the lane, which to be in, how far to the next junction, and whether that is a right turn/roundabout etc.

Not sure about the HUD, but in mine, the pro nav screen and MFD both show arrows for direction change.

Radio stations do not display in normal use, however, what they do do is appear in the middle of the rev counter when you rotate the right hand wheel on the steering wheel, then once pressed the station highlighted plays or next song etc from the iPod.

HTH
Piers
2017 F10 535d MSport Auto - Mineral Grey - Oyster leather - 19" 351M's - Pro Media - Enhanced bluetooth - MSport rear spoiler - Sun protection glass - Harman Kardon Hifi - Multi Function Display - Ambient Lighting - Folding mirrors - Sunroof - LED adaptive headlights
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #3
Piers
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Here are some quick views from tonight to give you an idea Nigel
This one shows the nav in the middle ( all in red as at night ) and the radio stations in the rev counter
Attached Images

2017 F10 535d MSport Auto - Mineral Grey - Oyster leather - 19" 351M's - Pro Media - Enhanced bluetooth - MSport rear spoiler - Sun protection glass - Harman Kardon Hifi - Multi Function Display - Ambient Lighting - Folding mirrors - Sunroof - LED adaptive headlights
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #4
Piers
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Here's an example of the nav on, but no radio/media in the rev counter
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #5
NigeNige
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi Piers,
Thats fantastic. Thanks so much for helping out with the information and the photos. I'm so glad I chose the multi function display. It looks a great piece of kit.

Nigel
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
NigeNige
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

I also note that hre is a digital read out of speed in the centre of the speedo. In your photo it is in kph but the dial is in mph (I suppose)

Can you change the digital to mph or is always kph?

I can see there is more to this than first meets the eye
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #7
Piers
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwestlak View Post
I also note that hre is a digital read out of speed in the centre of the speedo. In your photo it is in kph but the dial is in mph (I suppose)

Can you change the digital to mph or is always kph?

I can see there is more to this than first meets the eye
Not that I can see...mph in the dial and kph digital read out in the middle

Also, as you approach a rev point, say 2k, the 2 grows in size until you go through it to 2.5k etc. All very cool
Appreciate 0