2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Where to get Forgestar F14 BMW Center Caps
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-08-2015, 01:58 PM   #1
Zer0Cool92
Captain
45
Rep
719
Posts

Drives: blue metallic
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: st. louis

iTrader: (1)

Where to get Forgestar F14 BMW Center Caps

I'm looking for bmw center caps that fit my forgestar f14s. If anybody knows where to get em , let me know. Thanks
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #2
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
1541
Rep
10,098
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

wait, new wheels and no wheel caps? i'm guessing you would need the centercaps to fit the forgestars but are you going for the bmw logo or the forgestar logo? if you want the forgestar you can go to getyourwheel** and see if they sell them?
__________________
~CinnamonLeatherInterior~21"3Piece AlphaForgedWheels~BMSgoldTitaniumLugz~ 3dCarbonRearSpoiler~3dCarbonFrontLip~3dCarbonSideS kirtExtensions~DTMCarbonDiffuser~CarbonWrapPUFront Splitter~CarbonRearSplitters~PUrearDiffuserTray~
~CarbonEmblems~LedermanzWheel~ShadowlineKit~Double SlatGrills~WstyleCarbonRoofSpoiler~CarbonMirrorCov ers~MeisterschaftEVC90mmQuadExhaust~CarbonTipCover s~KWV1Coilovers~MStylePedals~G2GoldCalipers~35%Tin T~

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 10-08-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #3
Zer0Cool92
Captain
45
Rep
719
Posts

Drives: blue metallic
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: st. louis

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
wait, new wheels and no wheel caps? i'm guessing you would need the centercaps to fit the forgestars but are you going for the bmw logo or the forgestar logo? if you want the forgestar you can go to getyourwheel** and see if they sell them?
I have the forgestar center caps but I'm wanting to put the bmw center caps on here. The ones off my stock wheels don't fit. There was a member here that had them.. But I forgot their name
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 02:59 PM   #4
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
1541
Rep
10,098
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

there are 2 different size caps for the OEM wheels. it's either going to be 68mm/70mm. but it depends if those forgestar wheels will let you use bmw caps?
__________________
~CinnamonLeatherInterior~21"3Piece AlphaForgedWheels~BMSgoldTitaniumLugz~ 3dCarbonRearSpoiler~3dCarbonFrontLip~3dCarbonSideS kirtExtensions~DTMCarbonDiffuser~CarbonWrapPUFront Splitter~CarbonRearSplitters~PUrearDiffuserTray~
~CarbonEmblems~LedermanzWheel~ShadowlineKit~Double SlatGrills~WstyleCarbonRoofSpoiler~CarbonMirrorCov ers~MeisterschaftEVC90mmQuadExhaust~CarbonTipCover s~KWV1Coilovers~MStylePedals~G2GoldCalipers~35%Tin T~
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 04:42 PM   #5
Zer0Cool92
Captain
45
Rep
719
Posts

Drives: blue metallic
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: st. louis

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
there are 2 different size caps for the OEM wheels. it's either going to be 68mm/70mm. but it depends if those forgestar wheels will let you use bmw caps?
I've seen f14 forgestars with bmw caps before somewhere on this forum. What's the stock bmw cap size for our f10s?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #6
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
1541
Rep
10,098
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0Cool92 View Post
I've seen f14 forgestars with bmw caps before somewhere on this forum. What's the stock bmw cap size for our f10s?
This was how I was able to tell which cap the f10 has

The 68mm wheel cap has a gray plastic ring around the outside edge. The newer 70mm cap has a chrome outer edge.
__________________
~CinnamonLeatherInterior~21"3Piece AlphaForgedWheels~BMSgoldTitaniumLugz~ 3dCarbonRearSpoiler~3dCarbonFrontLip~3dCarbonSideS kirtExtensions~DTMCarbonDiffuser~CarbonWrapPUFront Splitter~CarbonRearSplitters~PUrearDiffuserTray~
~CarbonEmblems~LedermanzWheel~ShadowlineKit~Double SlatGrills~WstyleCarbonRoofSpoiler~CarbonMirrorCov ers~MeisterschaftEVC90mmQuadExhaust~CarbonTipCover s~KWV1Coilovers~MStylePedals~G2GoldCalipers~35%Tin T~
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 07:52 PM   #7
snj1013
Captain
39
Rep
866
Posts

Drives: 2011 528i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (1)

Forgestar used to sell these but I don't see them on their website. OEM center caps won't work. What I did is remove the decal from the Forgestar center cap and epoxy a replacement emblem to the Forgestar cap. I used epoxy since the emblems I purchased were convex and I needed something to fill the space behind the emblem. I don't recall the size, but measure and then go search eBay. I never liked the Forgestar BMW caps because the emblem was flat.
Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 12:13 AM   #8
Zer0Cool92
Captain
45
Rep
719
Posts

Drives: blue metallic
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: st. louis

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj1013 View Post
Forgestar used to sell these but I don't see them on their website. OEM center caps won't work. What I did is remove the decal from the Forgestar center cap and epoxy a replacement emblem to the Forgestar cap. I used epoxy since the emblems I purchased were convex and I needed something to fill the space behind the emblem. I don't recall the size, but measure and then go search eBay. I never liked the Forgestar BMW caps because the emblem was flat.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the suggestion. Earlier I looked up the forge star center cap sizes which came to be 63mm and stumbled across some bmw center caps that were 63mm as well and ordered a set. Will be putting the rims on Thursday.

Looks like the center caps might need a little force to go in since I plastidipped a layer of glossifier on the wheels to protect from brake dust.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 10:16 AM   #9
snj1013
Captain
39
Rep
866
Posts

Drives: 2011 528i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0Cool92 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Earlier I looked up the forge star center cap sizes which came to be 63mm and stumbled across some bmw center caps that were 63mm as well and ordered a set. Will be putting the rims on Thursday.

Looks like the center caps might need a little force to go in since I plastidipped a layer of glossifier on the wheels to protect from brake dust.
Good deal. Post some pics once installed.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2015, 12:53 PM   #10
hp jnkey
First Lieutenant
12
Rep
318
Posts

Drives: 2008 535i M-Tech
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (3)

Forgestar sells them.
Carbon fiber for 10 bucks each

I just bought some from their warehouse in Socal

They are also listed on their website
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST