2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Upgrade from ActiveHybrid 3 to 535D

01-11-2016, 05:58 AM   #1
335ih
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AH3 M Sport

Upgrade from ActiveHybrid 3 to 535D

Looking at upgrading my current '14 car (have listed spec below) to a 535D M Sport.

I'll be looking to spec with Pro Media, M Sport Plus pack and generally to ensure I have the same extras or more on the new car..

Can anyone offer advice on what kind of deal to look for on PCP.. I.e how much to put down / pay monthly... (car build cost is currently looking at £53k)
(For context: dealer has said they can offer a £13k discount and I would like to put the minimum amount down to pay circa. £400-450 per month)

Current ActiveHybrid 3 spec:

ActiveHybrid3 M Sport
- Alpine White / Coral Red Leather
- Brushed Aluminium Trim / - High-gloss Black interior trim finisher
Options:
- Sports Auto transmission
- M Sport Plus package: (19" M Star-spoke style 403M alloy wheels, Xenon Headlights, Sun Protection glass, Loudspeaker system - harman/kardon surround sound, - M Sport braking system, & Headlight wash)
- Media package - BMW Professional (all usual extras with this)
- Model designation deletion
- Ext. mirrors - folding, auto dimming
- Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory
- Seat heating, front
- Black panel display, full
- BMW Ultimate Pack: (SMART Protection, Return to Invoice GAP, SupaGard Protection & Tyre & Key Protection)

Any advice / tips on dealer discounts hugely appreciated!

Prit
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 02:25 PM   #2
shiner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535D MSport Touring

Can't answer your question but what I can say is that the 535D is awesome. Had mine for a week (had a 530D and two 520D's before that). A stunning engine and car. So pleased with it!

2013 Z4 35is + tons of options. CURRENT
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 04:07 PM   #3
MrPogle
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 550i M-Sport LCI

When I had an E90 I only ever used the paddles but in the F10 I never use them. It's not that kind of car in my opinion. Likewise I don't like heated seats but I might well specify them for resale purposes. My car has all kinds of nonsense on it (electric boot, electric tow - hook etc) but I would recommend Adaptive Drive and Heads up Display. The HUD, in particular, is living in the proper future.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 06:57 AM   #4
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ih View Post
Looking at upgrading my current '14 car (have listed spec below) to a 535D M Sport.

I'll be looking to spec with Pro Media, M Sport Plus pack and generally to ensure I have the same extras or more on the new car..

Can anyone offer advice on what kind of deal to look for on PCP.. I.e how much to put down / pay monthly... (car build cost is currently looking at £53k)
(For context: dealer has said they can offer a £13k discount and I would like to put the minimum amount down to pay circa. £400-450 per month)

ActiveHybrid3 M Sport
Options:
- M Sport Plus package: (19" M Star-spoke style 403M alloy wheels, Xenon Headlights, Sun Protection glass, Loudspeaker system - harman/kardon surround sound, - M Sport braking system, & Headlight wash)
- Seat heating, front
- BMW Ultimate Pack: (SMART Protection, Return to Invoice GAP, SupaGard Protection & Tyre & Key Protection)

Prit
Adaptive Drive- The 5 is a lot bigger car than the 3, and you will notice this a lot in the corners. Also, the 535D is a heavy beast. AD makes a HUGE difference, and the car seems a lot smaller and wraps around the driver. Its almost uncanny that such a heavy car can be so agile with AD functionality. I have a 535 and rate AD as one of the top features. I have owned 2 F10s with VDC, another without VDC and now my current one has AD - wouldn't order a F10 without AD.
I know a lot of people say AD is expensive = yes it is; for a reason.
      02-04-2016, 05:30 PM   #5
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
Adaptive Drive- The 5 is a lot bigger car than the 3, and you will notice this a lot in the corners. Also, the 535D is a heavy beast. AD makes a HUGE difference, and the car seems a lot smaller and wraps around the driver. Its almost uncanny that such a heavy car can be so agile with AD functionality. I have a 535 and rate AD as one of the top features. I have owned 2 F10s with VDC, another without VDC and now my current one has AD - wouldn't order a F10 without AD.
Totally agree, very easy to forget you are driving such a big car, the way it drives with AD.
Appreciate 1
gspannu198.50
      08-16-2016, 03:40 PM   #6
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Totally agree, very easy to forget you are driving such a big car, the way it drives with AD.
Hi Pete, I have the 535D M Sport on order with AD, does it give chassis and or adjustment in Sport mode?
      08-16-2016, 04:00 PM   #7
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Hi Pete, I have the 535D M Sport on order with AD, does it give chassis and or adjustment in Sport mode?
You'll have 3 base damper settings, Comfort+, Comfort and Sport/Sport+. The active roll bars (ARS) have 2 programs, which adapt automatically with the 'Chassis' mode settings. The softer program is active with Comfort+ and Comfort, the sportier roll control runs with Sport and Sport+.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 04:06 PM   #8
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
You'll have 3 base damper settings, Comfort+, Comfort and Sport/Sport+. The active roll bars (ARS) have 2 programs, which adapt automatically with the 'Chassis' mode settings. The softer program is active with Comfort+ and Comfort, the sportier roll control runs with Sport and Sport+.
Many thanks.
      08-19-2016, 04:38 AM   #9
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner View Post
Can't answer your question but what I can say is that the 535D is awesome. Had mine for a week (had a 530D and two 520D's before that). A stunning engine and car. So pleased with it!
Hi Shiner, I have the 535D M Sport on order, how are you finding it?. Thanks
      08-19-2016, 09:29 AM   #10
shiner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535D MSport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Hi Shiner, I have the 535D M Sport on order, how are you finding it?. Thanks
It is a great car. I had the 530D before it (and 2 x 520D's before that....). The 530D was impressive enough but the 535D is a huge step up in performance. If you bang it into Sports mode - which I do rarely because Comfort is plenty fast enough - it can give a Porsche a run for its money and the growl from the engine is lovely in a Jeremy Clarkson way..... It can do 80mph and still sit at less that 1800 rpm...... Insurance and emissions are reasonable. They hold their value well since there are very few about and they are desirable. What's there not to like?

2013 Z4 35is + tons of options. CURRENT
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 09:44 AM   #11
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It is a great car. I had the 530D before it (and 2 x 520D's before that....). The 530D was impressive enough but the 535D is a huge step up in performance. If you bang it into Sports mode - which I do rarely because Comfort is plenty fast enough - it can give a Porsche a run for its money and the growl from the engine is lovely in a Jeremy Clarkson way..... It can do 80mph and still sit at less that 1800 rpm...... Insurance and emissions are reasonable. They hold their value well since there are very few about and they are desirable. What's there not to like?
Nice enjoy.
      08-19-2016, 04:51 PM   #12
535i MSport
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63S T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
Totally true! On my second F10 with AD and paid for this one out of my own pocket!!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 04:52 PM   #13
535i MSport
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63S T

Quote:
Don't forget the 535i though...lots of performance with a great sound...
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 03:58 PM   #14
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

How would i know if i have VDC or AD? I have the comfort/comfort+/sport/sport+/ecopro options. The car definitely feels flatter around corners on sport compared to comfort+
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 05:05 PM   #15
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
How would i know if i have VDC or AD? I have the comfort/comfort+/sport/sport+/ecopro options. The car definitely feels flatter around corners on sport compared to comfort+
Either use a VIN checker site to see the exact spec, and/or take a look under the rear of the car. Look to see if the ARB has a large cylindrical hydraulic unit (about 80mm diameter) in mid position, with hoses going off from it. If so, you've got AD.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 02:36 AM   #16
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ih View Post

ActiveHybrid3 M Sport
Options:
- Seat heating, front

Prit
Try ELMS Bedford ask for Karl.
I have mine on order but not PCP, it's a PX + Cash.