2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 2011 550xi M-sport project car

09-09-2012, 02:34 AM   #23
Lee
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '17 X5 50i/'01 Z3

Wow, you're quite dedicated!

In your forth photo there are a stack of wheels that look like Style 42s. I'm looking for a set for my Z3 as mine oxidized on lips.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #24
DeeDub
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Wow, you're quite dedicated!

In your forth photo there are a stack of wheels that look like Style 42s. I'm looking for a set for my Z3 as mine oxidized on lips.
Those wheels are at the Polished Image - I was just using their shop for a few hours while they were teaching me some new tricks:-)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #25
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Great car. Just picked up a 2012 BMW 550i from Northwest BMW also...but mine is Dark Graphite II metallic. Like your mods and thanks for the update on the shops. How was your experience with them all? I just moved to the area (military) and am stationed at JBLM and have been looking for places to do my OEM rear M diffuser and OEM rear spoiler as well as install my Eissenmann exhaust when it gets here in about a month. Any thoughts or recomendations on shops?

Here's my car... after my H&R sport springs install...had to use the dealership as I didn't know anywhere else to take it. Great look tho now..agree should have come from the factory that way especially since car has the M sports package and sports transmission. Painted front reflectors, CF front grille and chip-protect front end package complete the look so far.
Attached Images

'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 02:25 AM   #26
DeeDub
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Great car. Just picked up a 2012 BMW 550i from Northwest BMW also...but mine is Dark Graphite II metallic. Like your mods and thanks for the update on the shops. How was your experience with them all? I just moved to the area (military) and am stationed at JBLM and have been looking for places to do my OEM rear M diffuser and OEM rear spoiler as well as install my Eissenmann exhaust when it gets here in about a month. Any thoughts or recomendations on shops?

Here's my car... after my H&R sport springs install...had to use the dealership as I didn't know anywhere else to take it. Great look tho now..agree should have come from the factory that way especially since car has the M sports package and sports transmission. Painted front reflectors, CF front grille and chip-protect front end package complete the look so far.
Like your ride and the current mods - would love to check it out in person once you get your exhaust installed. For the exhaust, I would call Bristow's to see if the would handle that - pretty sure they would. They were awesome to deal with and highly recommended. For the diffuser and spoiler, I would use Kirmac - very efficient and clean shop . . . just had them take care of some issues on our X5 after we had a window busted out:-(

Just took some new shots of the ride today since the weather was so nice - figured I would add to the post with them:-)

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 12:53 AM   #27
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDub View Post
Like your ride and the current mods - would love to check it out in person once you get your exhaust installed. For the exhaust, I would call Bristow's to see if the would handle that - pretty sure they would. They were awesome to deal with and highly recommended. For the diffuser and spoiler, I would use Kirmac - very efficient and clean shop . . . just had them take care of some issues on our X5 after we had a window busted out:-(

Just took some new shots of the ride today since the weather was so nice - figured I would add to the post with them:-)

Love your pics...you done good with that car especially after seeing those initial pics. I hope you get your funds in court for Suarez, I mean that wasn't even right what they did and sent you if they advertised it as pristine especially! I'd have been pissed.

Yeah probably won't be till late Oct when my exhaust arrives and is installed but I am based at JBLM and would love to meet and see your car in person too when it's done. Let's keep in touch then and compare notes.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #28
horsepit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i

Absolutely gorgeous. Great finish product for all your efforts. I just picked up a 2011 550i and would like to upgrade the wheels but get nervous with the thought of a daily driver on 20s with the lower profile tires. Any issues for you so far? Especially dropping the run flats.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #29
DeeDub
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepit View Post
Absolutely gorgeous. Great finish product for all your efforts. I just picked up a 2011 550i and would like to upgrade the wheels but get nervous with the thought of a daily driver on 20s with the lower profile tires. Any issues for you so far? Especially dropping the run flats.
Thanks:-) Absolutely no issues with the 20's. Getting rid of the run flats reduces cabin noise and improves ride quality . . . only potential downfall is getting a flat . . . keep a compressor or a can of fix-a-flat in the trunk:-) No regrets!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #30
Mbbrewer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 550i

Man that looks great. Just got to ditch those ugly fog lights now.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #31
DeeDub
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbrewer View Post
Man that looks great. Just got to ditch those ugly fog lights now.
Ditch them for what?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #32
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Ditch them for what?
Here's my latest update. Car is on H&R's Sport Springs and i finally got my 20" wheel upgrade done after the winter weather has moved on and I unmounted my winter wheels/tires. In Oct I had an Eisenmann Race installed and just had my Dinan Stage 1 upgraded to 3 and the Dinan Shockware software install done about a week ago. Plan to do Dinan Intercoolers and Sage 4 later on maybe? Maybe a Dinan LSD and then I think I'll be done...other than a brake upgrade.

Hope to see you around the area...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:34 AM   #33
DeeDub
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Here's my latest update. Car is on H&R's Sport Springs and i finally got my 20" wheel upgrade done after the winter weather has moved on and I unmounted my winter wheels/tires. In Oct I had an Eisenmann Race installed and just had my Dinan Stage 1 upgraded to 3 and the Dinan Shockware software install done about a week ago. Plan to do Dinan Intercoolers and Sage 4 later on maybe? Maybe a Dinan LSD and then I think I'll be done...other than a brake upgrade.

Hope to see you around the area...
Very nice! I've done the Dinan Stage II - how are you liking the Eisenmann Race exhaust? Much drone? Would love to hear it sometime:-)
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 02:38 AM   #34
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Very nice! I've done the Dinan Stage II - how are you liking the Eisenmann Race exhaust? Much drone? Would love to hear it sometime:-)
If you get an exhaust definitely go to stage 3..you'll welcome it all. Car is lightning quick when you want it to be and sedate around town in normal driving. Took an on-ramp from BMW Northwest today back onto I-5 S and was at or around 77mph by the time I hit the merge a few short seconds later.

Eisenmann Race is awesome...best upgrade I've done with/to the car. Stock 550i is too quiet especially for a v8. Can understand now why the M5 pipes in engine noise to give the driver the feel of a sports sedan cause unless you unleash the beast with an aftermarket exhaust the engine at time seems disconnected to what your right foot is doing at least from a sound standpoint. Also breathes a little easier too. No real drone I've noticed...its broken in now and has a nice deep aggressive tone at startup and then down afterwards. Let me know if you're ever in the Tacoma area...wouldn't mind to let you hear it at all.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #35
Mbbrewer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Ditch them for what?
M550d grilles.

Name:  550d grilels.jpg
Views: 3615
Size:  118.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #36
Breach
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 520dA M Sport

Love your dedication and professionalism - really shows how great things happen with love and patience.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #37
sexy_ninja_goat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90, '10 RR Sport

Car looks amazing man! Well done on the paint work. I can't believe how much gloss retention you are getting out of that clear bra!! It's insane!

My BS-M e90 is opti-coated and it seems to be doing the trick. You need something to protect black cars from lines and swirls.

I love those wheels in 20" but I wish AG made fronts with an offset closer to 20 or 25. I hate spacers. I'm going to be ordering my 550ix when the '14 go on sale. I need to decide on wheels. Your rears look fierce as hell!!
      03-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #38
ebby422
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 550xi

great vision .... well executed !!

thanks for the detailed post
Appreciate 0