2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum BMW F10 Casualty of Hurricane Sandy

10-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #67
Swashplate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: in Anger.

Garage List
Not a BMW but still sad. Probably easier to restore due to the lack of electronics.

This whole storm has been terrible. Sounds like we are only seeing the beginning.
Attached Images

!!! BOILER UP !!!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #68
Pentium
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
It's bad really bad, but the good thing the people are safe

I like this Girl, got from the back and drove slowly!!
      10-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #69
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
Don't buy a used BMW from the East Coast........
+1. I would hate to be buying a used car any time soon. A bunch of suckers are going to be thinking they got the deal of a lifetime. And this forum is guying to be filled with said suckers making threads about why their car is doing weird things.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #70
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

im really surprised people are shocked by this.. the storm was blasted all over the news for 5 days prior.. I would have found a parking garage and parked on the second floor or higher.. or i would have taken vaca and headed upstate to where i live. Upstate NY had nothing.
      11-01-2012, 05:00 AM   #71
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

My brother went by the MB dealership in Brooklyn (Ceasar's bay), and all cars are flooded, including SLS AMG, couple of *65AMG's, and other top end cars... If I was MB headquarters, I would have the dealership owner and manager shot. Why wouldn't you bring couple of trucks, load up your inventory and just drive it down to PA, or deep jersey??? I mean the dealership is right in the bay area! If I was their insurance company, i'd just tell them to go f* themselves. Can you imagine paying out insurance on these cars???
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #72
///M.Tonee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
My brother went by the MB dealership in Brooklyn (Ceasar's bay), and all cars are flooded, including SLS AMG, couple of *65AMG's, and other top end cars... If I was MB headquarters, I would have the dealership owner and manager shot. Why wouldn't you bring couple of trucks, load up your inventory and just drive it down to PA, or deep jersey??? I mean the dealership is right in the bay area! If I was their insurance company, i'd just tell them to go f* themselves. Can you imagine paying out insurance on these cars???
Thats what insurance is for...in times of disaster, i think one would worry about their family and make sure they are safe instead of ditching them and drive a bunch of replaceable cars somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #73
Pentium
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_z4 View Post
Thats what insurance is for...in times of disaster, i think one would worry about their family and make sure they are safe instead of ditching them and drive a bunch of replaceable cars somewhere.
you have a point, but didn't everyone like him has time? Sandy is all over media for more than 3 weeks!?
      11-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #74
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

my thoughts r w/ all those affected by the storm

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #75
harrisfb
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i MSport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar View Post
Not a BMW but still sad. Probably easier to restore due to the lack of electronics.

This whole storm has been terrible. Sounds like we are only seeing the beginning.
Jeez. That looks to be a late 50's Mercedes 300SL Roadster (Looks a hell of a lot like the 1961 we have). They only go for $400k - 1.2Mil...no big deal, right? Why the hell didn't this douche nozzle have it in a protected facility?! People are idiots.

2012 550i MSport 6MT - Dinan S3 - Imperial Blue Metalic/Everest Gray - 20" 373M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #76
Swashplate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: in Anger.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisfb View Post
Jeez. That looks to be a late 50's Mercedes 300SL Roadster (Looks a hell of a lot like the 1961 we have). They only go for $400k - 1.2Mil...no big deal, right? Why the hell didn't this douche nozzle have it in a protected facility?! People are idiots.
That was what I thought as well. I had a neighbor that had a couple 190sl droptops. Not as coveted but you cant tell really unless you look at the back.

Well props for putting a car cover on it.....
!!! BOILER UP !!!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #77
nenadbogar
First Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: x6 f16 m sport

thats terrible
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #78
bmwforme
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
yes, they should've, or even had them on flatbeds where they would be several feet in the area, I'm assuming you heard this from someone familiar with the dealership as I can't see that dealership having a lot of AMG's, nonetheless an SLS.. anyway

as for the insurance company, do you understand how much money they rake in when there are no natural disasters.. which is crap.. almost all the time;

Katrina though, did test the wallets of these insurance companies, but I don't think Sandy will be as costly as the most expensive hurricane in U.S. History..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #79
CDM3DCT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black M3 DCT

My thoughts and prayers are with all those dealing with the disaster...

but...

Any totaled ZCP M3s? Would be very interested in picking up some slightly used/rained on set of wheels.

Not trying to be a dick, just a typical prick business man.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #80
badfish718
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 F30 335i M-Sport EB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwforme
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik
yes, they should've, or even had them on flatbeds where they would be several feet in the area, I'm assuming you heard this from someone familiar with the dealership as I can't see that dealership having a lot of AMG's, nonetheless an SLS.. anyway

as for the insurance company, do you understand how much money they rake in when there are no natural disasters.. which is crap.. almost all the time;

Katrina though, did test the wallets of these insurance companies, but I don't think Sandy will be as costly as the most expensive hurricane in U.S. History..
I think this will wind up being more expensive than Katrina. Property values are much higher here, and I also heard the pieces of art destroyed in Chelsea NYC is alone valued in the Billions.

As for why people didn't leave or move their valuables with all the warnings given, we were given almost the exact same message a year ago with Irene and it wound up being a big thunderstorm. Combine that with lack of major flooding events in this area in the past and it becomes like a poker hand where you are drawing dead. I live in the hardest hit area of Staten Island and what you are seeing on TV is a watered down depiction of how devastating this storm truly was. Cars are such an afterthought to everybody here at this point.

Prev:
07 E92 335i Montego/Saddle - Stage 2+
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 05:14 AM   #81
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwforme View Post

it's the only one in the area for rich russians and italians... plenty of AMG's rolling around that part of brooklyn. and yes, my brother can tell them apart.

As far as cars... i'm sorry, ppl knew about the storm and strenght of it for a long time. You have to be a complete idiot to put it in undergrond garage, or leave the car in low lying area. Most ppl that were smart, still have their babies nice and dry (minus some exceptions).

What mind end up happening is insurance will refurbish the cars, and warranty will be void. That is best case scenario... they may just say that you are not protected. What about all those ppl with liability only insurance?

It is very unfortunate... and it's sad how some ppl didn't take it seriously enough. If I was there during that time, I'd take the family and take a road trip far away in my baby.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #82
kidnice15
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

BMW F10 Casualty of Hurricane Sandy

Well most of you have heard about how Hurricane Sandy has wrecked havoc on most of the Tri State Area. As In finally took my 135i to get gas, get a car wash ( I know there is another storm coming tomorrow, but I couldn't help myself) I was going for little drive, when I came along a BMW. I quickly made a u-turn got out my car and saw it was an M6 . Now this car was parked in Hoboken, NJ in a very well known flood area, Even if it rains for a couple of hours it floods there so I can just imagine what it was like when Hurricane Sandy came. Here are some pictures I took with my Galaxy S3. I didn't have my camera with me
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #83
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

That's heart wrenching to see
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #84
ipso_facto
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M Sport (Sports Auto)

The M6 is eerie ... it looks as though it hasn't moved an inch from it's neatly parked position against the kerb ... but it is wrecked beyond recovery. Hope you folks are getting turned around, back to some state of normality ...
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #85
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

That's heartbreaking. I hope the owner and his family made it unscathed.

What's up with the windows though? Why are they open? Did someone force them? Short circuit? Intentionally left open? The handprints on the trunk look like someone was trying to get in.