2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Ceramic Tints and Comfort Access

11-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
jdizzle27
Rep
Drives: 2011 550xi

Ceramic Tints and Comfort Access

It seemed to be an issue with the M3 that the metallic tints would interfere with the comfort access. The dealer doesn't seem to think this has been an issue with any of the 5-series he's sold with tints on them. Although, I suppose these owners would have no frame of reference since they never used the comfort access w/o the tints.

I can't imagine this not causing the interference cited by the folks on the M3 board.

Has anyone with the F10 run into any comfort access issue after having metallic tints installed?

Any good tint installers in the St. Louis area?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
MBlack78
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Lexus GS300 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle27 View Post
It seemed to be an issue with the M3 that the metallic tints would interfere with the comfort access. The dealer doesn't seem to think this has been an issue with any of the 5-series he's sold with tints on them. Although, I suppose these owners would have no frame of reference since they never used the comfort access w/o the tints.

I can't imagine this not causing the interference cited by the folks on the M3 board.

Has anyone with the F10 run into any comfort access issue after having metallic tints installed?

Any good tint installers in the St. Louis area?
Hi jdizzle. Most tinters in the area have moved on to ceramic tints, so I really can't speak about metallic tint. I just had my F10 with Comfort Access (Convenience Package) tinted with ceramic tint and am very happy. I've had no issues with it as it relates to Comfort Access.

I could recommend a couple places. I had mine done at Clear Auto Bra in Kirkwood. They did an amazing job and mainly do high end vehicles so they take very good care of you. Their installer has 13 years experience and his family is well known in the area for tinting. The other is in Belleville, IL. It's Complete Window Tinting and his name is Aaron. I had all my other vehicles done by him and my family has all their cars done by him. I ended up at Clear Auto Bra because I had the clear bra put on my F10 (also very happy with the job) and they did everything at the same time. PM me for any more info about it.