2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Anti-Fog function - anything but!!!!

12-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #23
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MY2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
I tried my car, set to auto, 20C temperature setting, airflow intensity set to one bar, with snowflake button off. Driving in conditions at around 2C ambient, not raining, wet with damp laden air. Air flows to all vents, certainly a warm flow from the screen vents. Not high, but there all the same.

Stopped after about 13 miles. When I started a hour later (snowflake button still off) there was instant misting on the front screen and front side windows. Never seen this before in the F11, and it took about 30 seconds to clear. Goes to show even after 13 miles of driving, the HVAC system had not dried out inside.

Lesson: Don't switch snowflake button 'on and off' in cold weather.

I drove home with the snowflake button switched on, very similar conditions and airflows were near identical to the trip with the snowflake button switched off.

If we get rain, I'll try it again.

HighlandPete
Thank you for the great help, Pete. I apreciate it!
When I return in two weeks time, I will try to set my system exactly the same way with damp/wet conditions to see if it behaves similarly.

Appreciate 0