2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding F10 facelift - inner air circulation is not working

01-29-2015, 06:45 AM   #1
ger
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

F10 facelift - inner air circulation is not working

The inner air circulation in manual mode is not working (AC is set off) in my F10 (BMW 520i) facelift model. I sent it back to the BMW service to repair this problem. They tried to fix it, but it’s still the same, it’s not working.

Service said that this feature is not working at BMW 5ers and my nose is too sensitive , and it's normal that BMW 5 series’s inner air circulation can’t be switched on properly, it will let slight outside air in all time (in manual mode). I also tested other facelift F10 models and experienced the same problem.

BUT: I tested a 2012 F10 BMW (model before the facelift) and the manual inner air circulation did work! So there’s a problem only with the facelift models.

Any solutions for that, because service doesn't care with this issue any more?
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 02:33 PM   #2
f10msport2014
Registered
Rep
Drives: 520d M Sport

F10 Poor cabin filter design

Thank you for your informative post, Bad asthma kicked off every time stuck behind a smoking vehicle - fumes getting into car with re-circulation on but don't usually have it set on auto; (poor effort BMW). Will try leaving it on auto - will this increase mpg?

With two large carbon filters this shouldn't happen (yes they are in the right way both arrows facing into the cabin) - faulty re-circ or not. If you study the housing and filter the design/fit is not the best, you can see where dirt bypasses the felt sides of the filter and the worst gap being at the floppy top and bottom of the filters. Going to try soft self adhesive closed cell foam ribbed draught excluder on the top & bottom and along one edge of each filter to take up the slack to hopefully seal it
Appreciate 0