2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding BT problems

02-17-2017, 09:58 AM   #1
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 40d M-sport

BT problems

Hi, I am driving a 640i, but posting here because 6post gets much less traffic.

Car is equipped with CCC professional navigation and combox. My phone is an iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 10.2.1. The car is up to date with the software (using the files available on the BMW site).

Recently I am noticing the following:

1. After completing a call using BT, the BT connection will simply disappear, i.e. the phone will not be connected anymore. Only way to rectify is to press the "Tel" button on the iDrive and select the phone from the list of paired devices.
2. This happens with less frequency than 1. above, but still frequently enough to be a concern: when there is an incoming call and I answer it by pressing the button on the steering wheel, the call does not get answered, even though the music mutes. Caller can not hear me and I can not hear them. I have to manually end the call on the iPhone. This is always followed by the BT disconnection as in 1. above.

Is this a software issue, or a sign of impending telematics module failure? I would think the former, if it wasn't for two telematics failures in my previous E92 and E90, which had similar symptoms (in that case it was failure to connect).

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0