2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Just a little curious!

05-13-2014, 01:52 AM   #1
WarReady
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 550ix M-SPORT

I currently have a 2013 550i m-sport x-drive in alpine white with black interior and I was curious on just how hard it would be to get out of the lease if I so wanted! I have 16k miles a year with about 11k miles on the car and 27 months left in the lease! I have wheel and tire program and a payment of 800 a month ? Also the car is pretty well equipped with comfort access, heads up display, harmen stereo option and luxury seats, also soft close doors and ceramic dials... Etc just curious on how hard it would be to get rid of or to get out of? And not leaving bimmer but trying to get a m4 lol!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #2
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

You can get out of your lease a few ways.

1. Call up BMW and tell them you want out. They'll provide you with a quote based upon a lot of the same information you provided here - months remaining, current mileage on the car, etc. I've never terminated a lease early with BMW, but have with other manufacturers, and it was relatively painless as far as the process, but you MAY face some steep costs for bailing early.

2. You can buy out the car. Call BMW and get the buy-out price. Compare that to what you think you could get by selling the car privately. This is only really useful if you have significantly less miles on the car than what you should for the timeframe of the lease. Doesn't sound to be the case for you, but it's always worth checking. You can buy it out and turn around and sell it privately - may work out to be a complete wash (best or better case scenario) or you may owe something in the delta... which you'd compare to your lease return costs.

3. Lease swap. You can list the car on a few sites that advertise lease take-overs. If you feel you've negotiated a pretty good deal on the lease, and there's a decent amount of mileage and time remaining on the lease, someone may be willing to assume it from you. This may result in the best outcome with no money out of your pocket... but it may be hard to find someone to assume it as lease swaps aren't the most popular since they're usually not in the best interest of the assuming party.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 01:59 AM   #3
WarReady
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 550ix M-SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass
You can get out of your lease a few ways.

1. Call up BMW and tell them you want out. They'll provide you with a quote based upon a lot of the same information you provided here - months remaining, current mileage on the car, etc. I've never terminated a lease early with BMW, but have with other manufacturers, and it was relatively painless as far as the process, but you MAY face some steep costs for bailing early.

2. You can buy out the car. Call BMW and get the buy-out price. Compare that to what you think you could get by selling the car privately. This is only really useful if you have significantly less miles on the car than what you should for the timeframe of the lease. Doesn't sound to be the case for you, but it's always worth checking. You can buy it out and turn around and sell it privately - may work out to be a complete wash (best or better case scenario) or you may owe something in the delta... which you'd compare to your lease return costs.

3. Lease swap. You can list the car on a few sites that advertise lease take-overs. If you feel you've negotiated a pretty good deal on the lease, and there's a decent amount of mileage and time remaining on the lease, someone may be willing to assume it from you. This may result in the best outcome with no money out of your pocket... but it may be hard to find someone to assume it as lease swaps aren't the most popular since they're usually not in the best interest of the assuming party.
Thanks for all the info and what do u mean by lease return costs..?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 03:36 PM   #4
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
Ive done it... basically whatever the buyout is (remaining months*monthly payments excluding interest + lease end buy out) minus the trade value of the car is what your loss will be. Ive done that several times to get into a new car but always went from a BMW to a BMW and the way they worked it is the same.