2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Eibach springs installed on 2011 550i MSport

04-19-2016, 12:03 PM   #1
NickG_TechniqueTuning
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i M-Sport

Eibach springs installed on 2011 550i MSport

So I finally got around to purchasing and installing a set of lowering springs on my 2011 550i M-Sport with DHP suspension. I chose Eibach springs for their moderate drop (rated at 0.8" front and rear), good quality, and low price ($266 shipped from Auto Anything). A friend and I did the swap in my shop on a Sunday afternoon. I also installed a set of 15mm spacers on the rear wheels for kicks

The result was a perfect drop for my tastes, 1" in front and 5/8" in the rear. The car has a much better look to it now; it no longer looks like a 4x4 wannabe. The ride has definitely become firmer. Potholes and reflectors give a louder and harsher thump, but not to the extent of being jarring. With the stock springs, I always compared the suspension feel to a big old Mercedes sedan: floaty. Now, the car finally feels like what an M-Sport model should feel like, tight, firm, and responsive. This is how the M-Sport model should have been delivered like from the factory.

Overall, I highly recommend this upgrade. Cost was low, installation was straightforward, and results were as desired. I'll update the thread with pics first chance I get.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2016, 10:34 AM   #2
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Keep us posted on how long the stock shocks hold up. Mine blew 2 days after installing the same springs. Mine were already queued for change so that could've been my issue. If you want those pothole explosions to go away ditch the run flats.

Nice work, post some pics.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0