2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes suspension options for xdrive

11-05-2016, 08:15 AM   #1
5eries619
Private
Rep
Drives: 528i x drive

coilovers installed

hopefully it isn't too picture heavy. well after weeks of debate on what suspension to upgrade too I decided to go with...
this is my daily driver so comfort was at the top of my list and obviously height bec height bec isn't that why we all change suspension?
here a few I compared and some consensus research I found based on users

Springs

ACS: average about 1" drop all around smooth ride very close to stock. premium price for a set of springs in my opinion but most say it was worth every penny. at 500ish

H&R: average about 1.25 to 1.5" drop with some complaining of a stiffer ride compared to stock. priced on the cheaper end. 300ish

coilovers

Vogtland: found lots of great reviews on these people loved the ride quality. smooth very close to stock. problem I found though is no one has tried them on a f10; all real life experience was on a 3 series. no dampening. priced at just around 1k

CKS: found a few reviews on these. great ride quality but I also found people needing to upgrade to swift springs for an additional 300. full dampening adjustment can also be setup from street to track priced at around 2k

KW: lots of people loved these for the ride comfort, adjustability, quality. on the expensive side but when you have a quality product there is prolly a good reason for the price tag was 1k-3k however for xdrive it was in the 3k range. adjustable dampening from daily driver to track setup.

well at the end of the day I went with CKS. I needed the height adjustability with out sacrificing ride quality, with 24 dampening adjustability and obviously price point was a factor. I did however opted not to do the swift upgrade even though most people did I wanted to see what I got with cks springs. I had them installed just less then 24 hrs ago. a little on the soft/bouncy side So I'm going to have to adjust the dampening but I was told by the shop I had them installed at to wait till everything settled. I had them set the height with the understanding it would still drop another 1/2 in after settling.

if your in the San Diego area Socal Suspension in El Cajon. great service great technicians explained everything offered some advice but at the end of the day they listen to your concerns and work with whatever you bring to them or they can order it for you. 560 w/ alignment. they however except cash only!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2016, 08:53 AM   #2
5eries619
Private
Rep

more pics before and after shots
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
thebmwjunkiee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 535d M-Sport

Looks great, much improved! I'm actually very close to pulling the trigger on the same exact wheels, so it's nice to see what they look like on stock suspension

What size wheels / tires did you end up running with the Xdrive?

2016 535d M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha
Past: '14 328, '08 335, '04 525, '91 M5, '95 525
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 06:15 PM   #4
5eries619
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmwjunkiee View Post
Looks great, much improved! I'm actually very close to pulling the trigger on the same exact wheels, so it's nice to see what they look like on stock suspension

What size wheels / tires did you end up running with the Xdrive?
Thanks.

I am running on 20 x 10.5 (285/30/20)rear and front is 20 x 9 (265/35/30)
Appreciate 0