2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Purchased Meisterschaft GTC Exhaust from member WhiteWalker - received it defective
Closed Thread

02-14-2017, 04:34 PM   #1
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 650i MSport CP

Angry Purchased Meisterschaft GTC Exhaust from member WhiteWalker - received it defective

Posting this in this section as well, so that members are fully aware of this guy WhiteWalker.

I purchased this GTC Exhaust from this seller/member:

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...7#post21274077

I received an exhaust that was not as described. First of all the wire was spliced on one of the exhausts, but more importantly, the EV assemblies on each exhaust was non-functioning as was discovered by a very well known shop.

The seller is refusing to honor the credit to get the EV to working condition. I need to purchase 2 valve assemblies from GTHaus and the seller is not willing to cover that cost.

I will be taking the seller to court, as he was first willing to cover the cost to get it repaired, and now is not.

Just wanted to get the word out on this forum incase someone is thinking of doing business with him or buying anything from him.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 04:38 PM   #2
M6NIAC
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack G. View Post
Posting this in this section as well, so that members are fully aware of this guy WhiteWalker.

I purchased this GTC Exhaust from this seller/member:

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...7#post21274077

I received an exhaust that was not as described. First of all the wire was spliced on one of the exhausts, but more importantly, the EV assemblies on each exhaust was non-functioning as was discovered by a very well known shop.

The seller is refusing to honor the credit to get the EV to working condition. I need to purchase 2 valve assemblies from GTHaus and the seller is not willing to cover that cost.

I will be taking the seller to court, as he was first willing to cover the cost to get it repaired, and now is not.

Just wanted to get the word out on this forum incase someone is thinking of doing business with him or buying anything from him.
Man that sucks! Many of the people on forums are more cooperative and nothing like this guy. GL!!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 05:48 PM   #3
ThaiBruin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-Sport

Ugh. stuff like this is what makes me scared of buying things sight unseen through forums.
      02-14-2017, 06:50 PM   #4
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Did you take before installation photos? If not, it's going to be tough to prove that the wires weren't damaged during install because professionals make mistakes too. Or there is also an argument of 'buyers remorse.' In which the buyer inflicts the damage with ambitions to get his/her money back.

I was in a similar situation and later found out that it would be hard to fight because I hadn't taken photos upon receipt.

But since he practically conceded by agreeing to pay you for the damage, you should have the case by that alone.

Last edited by SLVSRFR; 02-14-2017 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 08:27 PM   #5
Quicksilv3r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiBruin View Post
Ugh. stuff like this is what makes me scared of buying things sight unseen through forums.
Its deals like this that ruin it for all of us. Fortunately they're few and far between. Some of the best buys can be had on forum classifieds, but you have to assume some risk with private 'as-is' sales.

Bad luck :/
      02-14-2017, 09:49 PM   #6
WTFBRUHM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i & F80 m3 on order

Hard to tell from the pictures but the wires looked perfectly normal from the pictures the seller provided. Like others have said, it will be hard to proof that the wires weren't damaged during your possession. I just noticed that the seller mentioned in the sale thread that you filed a PayPal claim but it wasn't ruled in your favor. It would be really hard to take the seller to court unless he is in the same state as you. Hope all goes well and good luck. FYI I just found the following information below on google, hope it helps.

"If the defendant has no contact with your state, you may be able to sue in the location in your state where the contract was signed, but you generally have to sue in the state where the person you're suing lives or does business. Out-of-state small claims lawsuits tend to be expensive and unwieldy."
Appreciate 2
      02-14-2017, 10:12 PM   #7
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiBruin View Post
Yep, be very careful. Sad part is, I even asked if everything worked 100% and was told yes.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 10:22 PM   #8
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arko528 View Post
Man that sucks! Many of the people on forums are more cooperative and nothing like this guy. GL!!
Yea, sucks a lot. Can't trust people these days.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #9
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVSRFR View Post
Did you take before installation photos? If not, it's going to be tough to prove that the wires weren't damaged during install because professionals make mistakes too. Or there is also an argument of 'buyers remorse.' In which the buyer inflicts the damage with ambitions to get his/her money back.

I was in a similar situation and later found out that it would be hard to fight because I hadn't taken photos upon receipt.

But since he practically conceded by agreeing to pay you for the damage, you should have the case by that alone.
I took pictures as soon as I opened the package and saw the spliced wire and took a picture of the wire and sent it to the seller.

I would never intentionally lie or damage something to get some money back. I don't have time for games and I really wanted the exhaust. However I will finish a game that someone would try and play me. $800 is not worth for me to deal with aggravation, however I am willing to spend thousands more to show the seller that not doing the right thing is wrong.

It just unfortunate that I will have to spend more time and money on this, but proving a point is worth more than time and money to me.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 10:49 PM   #10
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFBRUHM3 View Post
Hard to tell from the pictures but the wires looked perfectly normal from the pictures the seller provided. Like others have said, it will be hard to proof that the wires weren't damaged during your possession. I just noticed that the seller mentioned in the sale thread that you filed a PayPal claim but it wasn't ruled in your favor. It would be really hard to take the seller to court unless he is in the same state as you. Hope all goes well and good luck. FYI I just found the following information below on google, hope it helps.

"If the defendant has no contact with your state, you may be able to sue in the location in your state where the contract was signed, but you generally have to sue in the state where the person you're suing lives or does business. Out-of-state small claims lawsuits tend to be expensive and unwieldy."
That's correct, PayPal ruled in his favor because I didn't send the exhaust back to him. I had the tips painted black so even if I did send it back, I would have lost the exhaust and money because he would of told PayPal that I painted the tips black and they weren't black when he sent the exhaust to me. That's the only reason PayPal closed the case in his favor.

I took pictures as soon as I opened the box and saw the spliced wire. More importantly than the spliced wire, the inside valves were corroded/rusted to the point they were broken so they don't open/close. No damage in shipment would affect this. This is an issue that would have been there before shipment.

A friend of mine was actually next to me when I was opening the package and he saw everything, so he can be my witness in court that I didn't inflict any damage to the exhaust. I regret not having him video tape me opening the package and discovering the spliced wire in the video.

I can also ask the owner of the shop testify in court since they are the ones who found these valve issues.

The seller actually lives 30min from me, so he is local and is why I will be taking him to court.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 11:29 PM   #11
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

SUCKS to hear but if the court thing doesn't work out you can buy the wires or even the EV from QTP since that's who makes them for Meisterschaft. when i purchased my Meisterschaft used from a forum member i did not get the remotes nor the wiring which was no biggie since he clearly stated mufflers only. i looked it up and it's pretty cheap to order new remotes as well as the wiring kit for the EV. don't order through Meisterschaft as they wanted almost $200 more than what QTP was selling it for. just so you know...good luck!

https://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2017, 12:11 AM   #12
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
SUCKS to hear but if the court thing doesn't work out you can buy the wires or even the EV from QTP since that's who makes them for Meisterschaft. when i purchased my Meisterschaft used from a forum member i did not get the remotes nor the wiring which was no biggie since he clearly stated mufflers only. i looked it up and it's pretty cheap to order new remotes as well as the wiring kit for the EV. don't order through Meisterschaft as they wanted almost $200 more than what QTP was selling it for. just so you know...good luck!

https://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/
Thank you for that, however they should be direct from GTHaus as I want him to cover the original parts.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 12:29 AM   #13
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Quote:
I took pictures as soon as I opened the package and saw the spliced wire and took a picture of the wire and sent it to the seller.

I would never intentionally lie or damage something to get some money back. I don't have time for games and I really wanted the exhaust. However I will finish a game that someone would try and play me. $800 is not worth for me to deal with aggravation, however I am willing to spend thousands more to show the seller that not doing the right thing is wrong.

It just unfortunate that I will have to spend more time and money on this, but proving a point is worth more than time and money to me.
I apologize, I wasn't insinuating that it was something you would do. I was just stating that the argument is present.

I personally would have filed the dispute as soon as I seen the EV rusted and broken PayPal would've given your money back almost immediately. But since you "accepted" the condition and painted the tips, it's definitely going to be a fight to get your money back. Definitely wish you luck and interested in the outcome.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 01:23 AM   #14
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Thank you for that, however they should be direct from GTHaus as I want him to cover the original parts.
what i'm saying is if the court thing fails through and you have to dig into your own pockets you don't have to go through GTHaus directly. i contacted QTP last year and they said Meisterschaft gets their EV directly though QTP and all they do is mark their price up. just some FYI
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 07:08 AM   #15
AWF87M2
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Since your only 30 mins away from the seller, you should've picked up the exhaust in person. If you inspected the items in person and noticed the spliced wires you can easily back off from the deal or bargain with the seller to lower the price since the exhaust is damaged. I took it you had them shipped to you because you mentioned you noticed the wires as soon as you opened the box.

Quote:
That's correct, PayPal ruled in his favor because I didn't send the exhaust back to him. I had the tips painted black so even if I did send it back, I would have lost the exhaust and money because he would of told PayPal that I painted the tips black and they weren't black when he sent the exhaust to me. That's the only reason PayPal closed the case in his favor.

I took pictures as soon as I opened the box and saw the spliced wire. More importantly than the spliced wire, the inside valves were corroded/rusted to the point they were broken so they don't open/close. No damage in shipment would affect this. This is an issue that would have been there before shipment.

A friend of mine was actually next to me when I was opening the package and he saw everything, so he can be my witness in court that I didn't inflict any damage to the exhaust. I regret not having him video tape me opening the package and discovering the spliced wire in the video.

I can also ask the owner of the shop testify in court since they are the ones who found these valve issues.

The seller actually lives 30min from me, so he is local and is why I will be taking him to court.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2017, 07:29 AM   #16
krautmeister
krrrraaauuuuut
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X Drive M-Sport

Garage List
G12 750i  [0.00]
People are so stupid... I don't know what everyone can just do the right thing. It seems like when it comes to selling a house, car, or anything to strangers.... even if they are good people, they turn into thieves in that instance!

Would it really be a life changing amount of money to credit for new valve parts? Sheesh! If the seller could afford a 5er... no reason to be this much of a dick. It's not like we are dealing with Craigslist IKEA furniture here.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 08:37 AM   #17
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
what i'm saying is if the court thing fails through and you have to dig into your own pockets you don't have to go through GTHaus directly. i contacted QTP last year and they said Meisterschaft gets their EV directly though QTP and all they do is mark their price up. just some FYI
Got it, thanks brother.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 08:42 AM   #18
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVSRFR View Post
I apologize, I wasn't insinuating that it was something you would do. I was just stating that the argument is present.

I personally would have filed the dispute as soon as I seen the EV rusted and broken PayPal would've given your money back almost immediately. But since you "accepted" the condition and painted the tips, it's definitely going to be a fight to get your money back. Definitely wish you luck and interested in the outcome.
No need to apologize.

I tried to work it out with the seller first, but he was very standoffish. After going back and forth through texts and emails, he finally agreed to do the right thing and pay to resolve the spliced wire issue. He now needs to resolve the EV issue.

However when I took the car to the shop to get the exhaust system installed, is where the shop noticed that the valves were rusted and broken on the inside.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 08:47 AM   #19
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF87M2 View Post
Since your only 30 mins away from the seller, you should've picked up the exhaust in person. If you inspected the items in person and noticed the spliced wires you can easily back off from the deal or bargain with the seller to lower the price since the exhaust is damaged. I took it you had them shipped to you because you mentioned you noticed the wires as soon as you opened the box.
Trust me, I wanted to pick up the exhaust in person.

However WhiteWalker (will not use his real name for the time being), did not want me to pick it up locally as he stated that he was always either "out of town on a trip" or he did not have the time for someone to come pick it up locally from him.

This was all a red flag to me from the get go, but I took his word that everything was 100% in working condition and without any major damage.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 08:54 AM   #20
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautmeister View Post
People are so stupid... I don't know what everyone can just do the right thing. It seems like when it comes to selling a house, car, or anything to strangers.... even if they are good people, they turn into thieves in that instance!

Would it really be a life changing amount of money to credit for new valve parts? Sheesh! If the seller could afford a 5er... no reason to be this much of a dick. It's not like we are dealing with Craigslist IKEA furniture here.
Agreed, not sure why he just doesn't do the right thing. He simply can put this all behind him and he would never hear from me again.

He actually drives an M6, according to his avatar, so maybe $803.48 is a life changing amount for him.

However, like I stated, he will spend more time and energy which will cost him more than that in the long run.

He picked the wrong person to do this to, as I will not let this go and will spend many thousands more out of principle to show him that type of person that I am. He has no idea what he got himself into.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 09:12 AM   #21
WTFBRUHM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i & F80 m3 on order

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF87M2 View Post
Trust me, I wanted to pick up the exhaust in person.

However WhiteWalker (will not use his real name for the time being), did not want me to pick it up locally as he stated that he was always either "out of town on a trip" or he did not have the time for someone to come pick it up locally from him.

This was all a red flag to me from the get go, but I took his word that everything was 100% in working condition and without any major damage.
I would have backed out If a local seller refuses to do pickup and suggests shipping the item instead. Such practices are obviously sketchy and shady. Why did you decide to take your chances with a zero i trader rating seller anyways?
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #22
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFBRUHM3 View Post
I would have backed out If a local seller refuses to do pickup and suggests shipping the item instead. Such practices are obviously sketchy and shady. Why did you decide to take your chances with a zero i trader rating seller anyways?
At the time, it sounded like a great deal, but obviously now in hindsight not at all. I really wanted the Meisterschaft GTC.

And I honestly didn't think to check his itrader seller rating.

It's my fault for taking his word that the system was in working condition.

He's obviously not a man of his word, and his true character is exposed.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread