2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Battery Replacement and Dinan Stage 3 tune

12-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
RumbleJay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW f10 550i M

Garage List
Battery Replacement and Dinan Stage 3 tune

Not sure if anybody had to deal with this in the past yet. My 550i has been getting the 'Battery Discharge' warnings frequently the past month so I had the dealer check it out but they couldn't find the cause of the discharge and decided to replace the battery with a bigger one that comes on the 750i. They also advised that the Dina software will not be affected by the reprogramming of the car that is required after replacing the battery. I got the car back late yesterday and took the car for a spirited drive this morning and I just don't feel the torque the car had prior. It's just not pulling as hard. My local dealer doesn't offer Dinan services so I'm not sure how they can confirm the tune was not affected. I emailed my SA this morning and he said he will look into it and let me know.

Does anyone know if the reprogramming of the car does or doesn't affect the Dinan tune?

TIA.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
RumbleJay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW f10 550i M

Garage List
Never mind. The SA called one of their other dealerships that sell Dinan products and confirmed it has to be reinstalled.
Appreciate 0