2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK 520d F10 M Sport Step Auto Offer - Deal or Gimmick?

09-19-2016, 01:48 PM   #23
Martin2C
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 750i M Sport

I think both are really good value and you generally get less discount on the 4 cylinder cars so you can't directly compare the deals others have achieved.

I'd go for it.

Edit: Just seen you have. Nice.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 02:13 PM   #24
hsirk
Sport Mode Fanatic
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 520d M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2C View Post
I think both are really good value and you generally get less discount on the 4 cylinder cars so you can't directly compare the deals others have achieved.

I'd go for it.

Edit: Just seen you have. Nice.
All done and dusted, my first M Sport and added extras on any car Ive owned. Looking forward to this one. Delivery in next 10-14 days
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 02:15 PM   #25
hsirk
Sport Mode Fanatic
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Grabble View Post
If it is in BMW storage then it could have been there a good while. Don't assume storage means under cover. Get the VIN number and check the build date.
The car was built in May end and is in storage since early July, hope nothing to worry about
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 02:16 PM   #26
hsirk
Sport Mode Fanatic
United Kingdom
Rep

BTW is Carbon Black more blue than black?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 04:15 PM   #27
Martin2C
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 750i M Sport

Only in bright sunlight.

I wouldn't worry too much about it being parked up for a couple of months, it's no different to a used car sitting on the forecourt for a while.

It's a real bonus that it has the LED headlights, I think they're fantastic (they're bright, but the high beam assist is the best feature) and you don't see many 5 series with them, which is a little strange as I also think they really improve the look of the front.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 08:35 PM   #28
hsirk
Sport Mode Fanatic
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2C View Post

It's a real bonus that it has the LED headlights, I think they're fantastic (they're bright, but the high beam assist is the best feature) and you don't see many 5 series with them, which is a little strange as I also think they really improve the look of the front.
I second that. I could never explain to the Mrs that one big reason I got this car is that the lights make a big difference and it would make me feel I have a car in between the F10 and G30...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 08:37 PM   #29
hsirk
Sport Mode Fanatic
United Kingdom
Rep

Are the signal lights a bit different too? I haven't seen them in action nor can I find a lot of videos on it...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 07:39 AM   #30
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsirk View Post
Just stuck to the 520d and have gone ahead with the purchase. Got them to fit M Performance black grills for free so one more small little win!
Yea London driving is going to be low MPG so 520 best.
      09-20-2016, 09:02 AM   #31
hsirk
Sport Mode Fanatic
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Yea London driving is going to be low MPG so 520 best.
For sure
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 11:58 AM   #32
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G30 530d M Sport Med Blue

I have the adaptive LED lights and the intelligent high beam in the way it is selective is a great feature. Had this on Xenons before but reckon it's superior with LED. They differ visually from the standard LCI Xenons in a number of ways:
- angle eyes are more hexagonal than circular
- turn signal is a strip overlying the cluster than at the side
- there's a small orange led to the side ( which would be more noticeable when coming from a side road)
- the rear light cluster is also different, at least the turn signal is, and there's an additional red led at the side, again probably for reversing onto a main road
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #33
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMY View Post
I have the adaptive LED lights and the intelligent high beam in the way it is selective is a great feature. Had this on Xenons before but reckon it's superior with LED. They differ visually from the standard LCI Xenons in a number of ways:
- there's a small orange led to the side ( which would be more noticeable when coming from a side road)
- the rear light cluster is also different, at least the turn signal is, and there's an additional red led at the side, again probably for reversing onto a main road
I have the adaptive LED but ordered the adaptive Xenons as I think they are a better light TBH. They do he same things as the LED's.
Personal choice I suppose.
      09-21-2016, 08:24 AM   #34
hsirk
Sport Mode Fanatic
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Great stuff, didnt know about the rear light cluster! One of the main reasons I stuck to this deal with the LED's rather than wait for the G30 was (mainly the price but also) that I wouldn't be stuck to a 2009 design for the next 4 years. When I look at cars, the first thing that grabs my attention is the headlight clusters followed by the grill and wheels...but maybe that's just me!!!

Besides, the G30 (auto) with even a few basic extras would definitely cost me over 33k I reckon

I have a feeling look wise the G30 is going to be a small scale version of the new 7 series, more boxed with an on dash screen however with a less luxurious feel on the more basic trims and finally it will incorporate a long pending change to the exhaust tip. Just hope the standard SE version don't come with twin exhaust tips especially if its going to be rectangular...that would make me sad!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 10:34 AM   #35
hsirk
Sport Mode Fanatic
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Im not able to see much difference in the rear turn signal? Or is this only when illuminated. Have attached an image of my spec and a standard 520d
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #36
DB118D
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118d Sport

Quote:
Realistically I would do about 13000 but I am taking it on the 8000 to keep costs low and like now will just part ex it and wont have to deal with any charges...
BMWFS were (are?) offering concessions on PCP mileage.

It may be worthwhile calling them about your current agreement and agreeing a concession to the mileage that you've done and handing the car back (depending on how bad the dings are and the wheels are)

Then you may be able to negotiate a slightly better price on the new car.

If you're too far down the line for that, then take the new one on 8k per annum and call BMWFS once you've got your paperwork and get them to add the concession to 13-15k per annum
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 11:47 AM   #37
hsirk
Sport Mode Fanatic
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB118D View Post
BMWFS were (are?) offering concessions on PCP mileage.

It may be worthwhile calling them about your current agreement and agreeing a concession to the mileage that you've done and handing the car back (depending on how bad the dings are and the wheels are)

Then you may be able to negotiate a slightly better price on the new car.

If you're too far down the line for that, then take the new one on 8k per annum and call BMWFS once you've got your paperwork and get them to add the concession to 13-15k per annum
Too late I guess, have put down a non refundable deposit for the car to be booked by the dealership.

The new one is on 8k per annum, will they add the concession quite easily you think?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 12:20 AM   #38
Balster
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530d MSport xDrive

Non-refundable deposit. are you sure?just mention the tripartite agreement.

G30 530d M Sport xdrive, Adaptive Drive and with all of the important options.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 03:45 AM   #39
DB118D
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118d Sport

Quote:
Too late I guess, have put down a non refundable deposit for the car to be booked by the dealership.

The new one is on 8k per annum, will they add the concession quite easily you think?
Just takes a phone call AFAIK

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1224662
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 03:55 AM   #40
ScottC25
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition xDrive

Just increased mine from 10k to 20k, no charge!

Thanks for this, much appreciated!
Appreciate 0