2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications [F10 535i] DSC and Flexray Issues

03-06-2024, 11:03 PM   #1
bigman21058
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW F10 535i RWD A8T N55B

[F10 535i] DSC and Flexray Issues

Hi!

I have a 2012 F10 535i RWD and I’m experiencing a slight loss in power-steering, static speedometer, reduced engine and drivetrain output, as well as brake and ABS lights. The car drives, but the loss of power and comfort is incredibly noticible. In idrive I see these errors: ‘Chassis Stabilization Malfunction’, ‘Brake System: Drive Moderately’, ‘Passenger-Restraint System Malfunction’, and—when taking off in drive or reverse—‘Park Brake: Limited’.

Attached are the BMW trouble codes that I pulled.

From them, I have construed that the DSC is sending nonviable wheel-speed messages.

I replaced the DSC’s fuses, and later, the rear wheel-speed sensors. The problem has persisted, and I suspect there may be an issue with a cable or connector being corroded or ruined, or an issue with the internal constitution of the module, itself. I spotted something that may be troublesome, but it seems that it is just external; exclusive to the cable wrap (See Image 6)

I have checked both rear sensors, as that is conducive to their replacement, and I also checked the front left sensor while trying to take a look at the DSC module, itself.

I am wondering if there is any way to get a better idea of where to look and/or how to fix this. I’m having trouble getting ahold of a viable ISTA+ download, so that makes things a little trickier for me.

I will also add that I recently had a bit of work done (replaced differential, left-rear cv axle, spark plugs, ignition coils, oil change)

In November, the axle gave out and broke part of the differential. I had the differential’s broken area welded, and the axle replaced. That shop didn’t do a good job and it broke a week later. I had replaced the differential with a brand new one in mid-February, as well as the axle (because the last shop didn’t use the right one lmao). I got these errors when my diff gave out, and they stayed until I took it to get repaired again. They came back about a week later😅.

I’ve been trying to figure it out with my own research, but I feel like it’s time to reach out to see if anyone has any ideas.

Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 08:32 PM   #2
paul223
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

Look for guy name Shawn on this forum for ISTA download.
Appreciate 0