2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Recent Updates on N63 care package anyone??

11-18-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Recent Updates on N63 care package anyone??

okay guys I have had a 550i n63 2011 for about a 1.5 years or so got it with 50k has 90k now . Anyways car ran good at first then at about 70k plus I couldn't floor all the way the car would push but then shut down with the drive train malfunction. /So bam did oil and spark plugs nothing still light, took it to the mechanic injector 8 messed up. Went to BMW, they didn't even bring up the care package I had to at which they acted stupid so I wasted money to get it checked so then I call North America they set it up case manager and all of course and bam they pay the injector to get fixed mind you this was #8. $1800 fix they paid it though. Mind you that was at 75k or so. Now at 90k I have misfire on cyclinder 8 idk why. I called north got a case manager and got an appointment Monday again to see wth is wrong.

I haven't been able to floor this beast for like 20k miles plus, cruise and it rides perfect, stomp on it and the motor shakes exhaust smells weird and sounds really bad.

Btw I'm covered under the customer care package till February mind you that also. After that what? I get screwed by BMW??

I've had 7 bmws 135i to x5 to even the e60 m5, I got this car not even thinking, and wow what a headache I literally always baby it as is since day one.

I love BMW and stand by them but I feel like I am getting screwed over at the end of the day. I just hope they find something and fix it if not idk what to do. I just wanted to make this post for the ppl out there still dealing with this issue.

Last edited by M3_wannabe; 11-18-2016 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 01:31 PM   #2
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Sure I could trade it in however in my case the car is really negative due to their terrible resale and plus all these damn extra repairs the other week it was a charge pressure sensor then the week before that the coolant pump for the turbos that's nothing before that I had 2-3 other things also. I can't even begin to understand how a car motor can come out so damn horrible. I'm speaking strictly off experience, facts. I've had amazing motors from BMW but wow this car is a serious problem and I just wanted to write about it to see ppls thoughts 💭 Also my timing chain was replaced in 2015 also I did find that out also.

Last edited by M3_wannabe; 11-18-2016 at 01:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #3
visualguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

Cut your losses, and dump it.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 08:42 AM   #4
EZgo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Regarding the misfire, have you tried swapping your coils?

If I were you I'd refinance my car note with a credit union such as Penfed that offers the Route66 warranty. I recently had an expensive repair that they took care of quickly with no issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 10:37 PM   #5
j3o3t3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

sounds like same problem I've had..

Short history:
2011 550i bought new.
had injector problems / multiple replacements since about 30K miles

N63 cust care pkg completed @ approx 80K, 102 K miles now.

starting about 90K had same symptoms as you- dealer replaced both turbos..

didn't fix problem, and my 5 yr- 100K warranty ran out

finally @ 101 K in for service - complained again - this time they diagnosed correctly problem: Right side turbo vacuum control valves / pressure converter and lines . Left side had been replaced under warranty prior.

List price for repair = $2500. I have a great SA and i complained hard as these symptoms had been going on before my warranty expired.

BMW agreed to a goodwill discount my final cost $900.

Car now runs perfect, until it breaks again...

Prior BMW's 2011 550iMSport, 2008 5501MSport,
2005 5451, 1993 325iS
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 04:28 PM   #6
Mybimmerbrain
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_wannabe View Post
Sure I could trade it in however in my case the car is really negative due to their terrible resale and plus all these damn extra repairs the other week it was a charge pressure sensor then the week before that the coolant pump for the turbos that's nothing before that I had 2-3 other things also. I can't even begin to understand how a car motor can come out so damn horrible. I'm speaking strictly off experience, facts. I've had amazing motors from BMW but wow this car is a serious problem and I just wanted to write about it to see ppls thoughts 💭 Also my timing chain was replaced in 2015 also I did find that out also.
Could be a ignition coil issue. Would have been nice if they switched the coils to a different cyl when they did the injector. N62s are very complex engines so they have a good amount of concerns.
      11-26-2016, 09:22 PM   #7
Atlantis M3tallic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

The only mistake you made was buying the car without extended/aftermarket warranty.

It would've saved you a lot of headache.

I couldn't imagine having mine without it.

Previous: F10 550i M Sport - Alpine White - Vossen CV4 Graphite / H&R Sport springs / Active Autowerke Down pipes & Exhaust / BMS Stage 1 / M-Performance Front Splitter /DTM CF Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 06:23 AM   #8
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yea went to the dealership cuz I had just a misfire code on cyclinder 8 remind you that's the same injector that was replaced 2 times already, once on the initial recall and about 2 months ago again. So of course dealership tells me it's a turbo line leaking and I need a new turbo? So what replacing the turbo is going to fix my car running like shit on idle and under vacuum? My car isn't even having any problems boost lost codes or anything. This car is a horror story damn so glad this is like my 7th BMW and I know they don't all come out like this but holy shit this shit is the type of shit to make someone never go back to bmw they are straight assholes and abuse everyone
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 06:26 AM   #9
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yea when I bought the car i figured since it wasn't a lemon and my friend had a 750i no problems either but it's funny now cuz he has 70k miles and it's giving him headaches now to so he is trying to dump it ASAP. It sucks to because this def would have been my fav. Car I love it but damn to many headaches I'm always afraid to floor it.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 06:30 AM   #10
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3o3t3 View Post
Short history:
2011 550i bought new.
had injector problems / multiple replacements since about 30K miles

N63 cust care pkg completed @ approx 80K, 102 K miles now.

starting about 90K had same symptoms as you- dealer replaced both turbos..

didn't fix problem, and my 5 yr- 100K warranty ran out

finally @ 101 K in for service - complained again - this time they diagnosed correctly problem: Right side turbo vacuum control valves / pressure converter and lines . Left side had been replaced under warranty prior.

List price for repair = $2500. I have a great SA and i complained hard as these symptoms had been going on before my warranty expired.

BMW agreed to a goodwill discount my final cost $900.

Car now runs perfect, until it breaks again...
Yea sounds a little like my headache now they are telling me it's a turbo that's gone bad so I'm debating on fixing it or not. Because like you I know replacing the turbo won't do jack shit I know it's more in depth then that and they just want to take my money so I'm going to call bmw North America and tell them to guarentee that my cyclinder 8 doesn't misfire again if I do what they tell me to fix. Period because I know I know I know it will still have the misfire it's nothing to do with my turbos it's the motor
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 06:33 AM   #11
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

I'm going to take it to my mechanic and see if we can replace those components ourselves on the side that the turbo has gone bad. The pieces I get all employee discount since my brother in law is the parts manager anyways.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 07:05 PM   #12
Zer0Cool92
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_wannabe View Post
okay guys I have had a 550i n63 2011 for about a 1.5 years or so got it with 50k has 90k now . Anyways car ran good at first then at about 70k plus I couldn't floor all the way the car would push but then shut down with the drive train malfunction. /So bam did oil and spark plugs nothing still light, took it to the mechanic injector 8 messed up. Went to BMW, they didn't even bring up the care package I had to at which they acted stupid so I wasted money to get it checked so then I call North America they set it up case manager and all of course and bam they pay the injector to get fixed mind you this was #8. $1800 fix they paid it though. Mind you that was at 75k or so. Now at 90k I have misfire on cyclinder 8 idk why. I called north got a case manager and got an appointment Monday again to see wth is wrong.

I haven't been able to floor this beast for like 20k miles plus, cruise and it rides perfect, stomp on it and the motor shakes exhaust smells weird and sounds really bad.

Btw I'm covered under the customer care package till February mind you that also. After that what? I get screwed by BMW??

I've had 7 bmws 135i to x5 to even the e60 m5, I got this car not even thinking, and wow what a headache I literally always baby it as is since day one.

I love BMW and stand by them but I feel like I am getting screwed over at the end of the day. I just hope they find something and fix it if not idk what to do. I just wanted to make this post for the ppl out there still dealing with this issue.
What do you mean by "I'm covered by the customer care package until February". Are you under cpo warranty ? Or no warranty. Was BMW North America willingly pay the bill or did you have to nag them real hard ?
Appreciate 0