2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media Geneva 2013: F11 Touring 530d xDrive

03-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #23
LiveLarger
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: F11 520d M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_jeremy View Post
Agreed, but it's for later.

But this colour, is this an old BMW colour?
Like orienblue became Monaco blue...
It's a optional color on the five series in Norway at least.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #24
Jayp0d
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: *

I take back everything I ever said about BMW wagons.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #25
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Personally, I don't see this as such a beautiful vehicle! Not bad, but not beautiful. For those of you who are stuck on the shape, fine. One reason BMW makes lots of models is because everyone's perceptions are not the same! I'm all for choice, but I also understand it costs a manufacturer money to configure and pass a vehicle for sale in the USA. Based on previous years when these have been available, it just didn't pay them. It's not like it's a prestige, brand defining thing like say a nice sports car would be, so it would not have a significant showroom or road presence that would bring in enough customers to be economically viable.

It could also be said the reason we don't get much choice in diesels is also because historically, they didn't sell well nor did the dealers particularly understand or push them. In most of the rest of the world, the local economics dictate that there are lots more of diesel engines sold than gasoline ones. As a result, their refineries are optimized to produce more of that fuel, too, so the price is more attractive. A lot of it has to do with taxes, but efficiency is a big part of it also.
Appreciate 0