2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding USB and Cup Holders....

10-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #23
lodewijkV
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Snowwhite

I use this.

It is a 16Gb USB stick but it is really tiny, I plug it in in the glovebox because there you can use max. 500mA wich is not enough for a hard drive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 03:45 AM   #24
islandnipper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MY 2012 F10 520d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
I'm with you, I would ten times rather have a storage tray for my phone, wallet, and key fob than those cup holders. They look cheap, they take up too much space, they are located in a place where my phone wants to be, and when you put cups in them they block the climate controls! If anyone has seen an aftermarket solution, please post!
I could not agree more! They look very plasticky and cheap (and, in actual fact are just that too!) and ruin the look of the otherwise elegant interior.

I just keep the door closed and forget about them, but if anyone works out a way of ripping the holders out and replacing them with a tray, I'm at the head of the queue with you!
Appreciate 0