2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Boot open/close question

04-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

Boot open/close question

Could any of you UK guys with an F10 and power boot let me know if you can both open and close the boot via fob and/or the button in the car? We can only open here in canada and I'm looking to see if it is at least programmable.

Thanks,
Bill
      04-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
bukes3xn
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M Sport

I can't close mine with either the key fob or the button in the cabin. Only the button in the boot seems to do this.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 02:42 AM   #3
The Mewster
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 520d - arrived Jan 2011.

I think it's a safety issue, you need to be close enough to be able to spot if there's something, or someone, in the way....

Although saying that, I did almost whack someone with my boot the other day when I opened it with the button in the cabin just as they walked past the back of my car...

Pro media pack, visibility pack, sports steering wheel, heated seats, lumbar support, ambient lighting, USB interface, 18" wheels, parking camera, auto tailgate, sun protection glass.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thanks for your input guys (I know it was difficult to pull yourselves away from Kate and William's wedding to answer the post ). In another thread I was given indications that prolonged holding of the boot button does close the boot - these responses were from someone in the UK and someone in Amsterdam. The reason I was trying to nail down the functionality is that I want to have the feature turned on through coding. Of course you can only "turn on" features through coding that are present in the vehicle to begin with.

Thanks,
Bill
      04-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
vngooi
Private
Rep
Drives: F10

curious that sharbotcom-bill is only asking for responses from "uk" ......are the F10 cars in canada imported only from the UK?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #6
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vngooi View Post
curious that sharbotcom-bill is only asking for responses from "uk" ......are the F10 cars in canada imported only from the UK?
No they are built to Canadian specs - similar to US specs. I asked the UK forum because as I posted above I'm trying to determine if if that particular functionality is available in the UK market. Also, the original electronic owner's manual for Canada (and I believe US) indicated that was the behaviour - prolonged holding of trunk button on FOB closes trunk lid. I hope that clears it up my intention.

Bill
      05-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
bukes3xn
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M Sport

Update to my post above... The boot on my car does close when you hold the boot key on the fob down, similiar to the window close with the lock bottom. I guess I was being impatient before. It doesnt close with the button in the cabin though, no matter how long you hold it in.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #8
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukes3xn View Post
Update to my post above... The boot on my car does close when you hold the boot key on the fob down, similiar to the window close with the lock bottom. I guess I was being impatient before. It doesnt close with the button in the cabin though, no matter how long you hold it in.
Thanks for the update bukes3xn. I could certainly live without the boot closing from the inside button, but I'd really like to turn on the capability to close the boot from the remote.

Thanks to all that responded.