2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes forgestar f14's ????

05-27-2016, 12:55 PM   #1
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Exclamation forgestar f14's ????

Has anybody watched this video yet? Im not bashing forgestar but I will be checking my wheels soon to look for cracks. This is just an FYI, its not my video and the guy got his money back but what if we have cracked wheels?

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 01:21 PM   #2
M6NIAC
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
Has anybody watched this video yet? Im not bashing forgestar but I will be checking my wheels soon to look for cracks. This is just an FYI, its not my video and the guy got his money back but what if we have cracked wheels?

According to Forgestar, driver did not inspect the rims before heading out on the track. They mentioned that his rims were cracked BEFORE he got onto the track! Driver apparently had the rims for 3 years and was on and off the track with them (which obviously causes rims to become fatigued.)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 02:06 PM   #3
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arko528 View Post
According to Forgestar, driver did not inspect the rims before heading out on the track. They mentioned that his rims were cracked BEFORE he got onto the track! Driver apparently had the rims for 3 years and was on and off the track with them (which obviously causes rims to become fatigued.)
Im not debating why or how his rims cracked and dont care, but I do have them on my car and so do other members. This thread was posted to make people aware of the possibility of having cracked wheels, these f10's are way heavier than a puny s2000 so our chances could be alot higher to have a cracked wheel just from spirited driving on the streets. Ill be checking mine this weekend and report back.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 03:32 PM   #4
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

dude, WTF was AWESOME about that! i'd be pissed! and you're right...our car's are much heavier than that but even than, they become fatigue after tracking? what about daily driving after a few years? are they gonna come flying off as well?! has their been more than one incident of Forgestar's doing this?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #5
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
dude, WTF was AWESOME about that! i'd be pissed! and you're right...our car's are much heavier than that but even than, they become fatigue after tracking? what about daily driving after a few years? are they gonna come flying off as well?! has their been more than one incident of Forgestar's doing this?
I did a google search on "cracked forgestar wheels" and there many threads on other car forums.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 08:25 PM   #6
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
I did a google search on "cracked forgestar wheels" and there many threads on other car forums.
Dang! i'm assuming you saw those threads after the fact you bought them?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2016, 08:53 PM   #7
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Dang! i'm assuming you saw those threads after the fact you bought them?
Yep, never looked to see if forgestar had any issues.
Appreciate 0