2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Dealership scam!

04-25-2015, 05:34 PM   #23
Gpfarrell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 6MT Imperial Blue 550i M-sport

Call the owner.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 05:51 PM   #24
Pimpsy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavariaExclusive View Post
It is the Service Manager who is creating the mess.
That's why you go to the GM. If no luck there I would escalate to the owner.

At the same time, open a dispute with your CC company so they can freeze the charge and begin a mediation process that may itself prove fruitful.

Don't spend more time on it than it's worth, but it only takes a few minutes to dispute with the CC company and a few more to call the GM.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 06:04 PM   #25
BavariaExclusive
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Spaceship

I was thinking to dispute it with my CC but BMW can still send a person to collections for the amount owed to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanM View Post
That's why you go to the GM. If no luck there I would escalate to the owner.

At the same time, open a dispute with your CC company so they can freeze the charge and begin a mediation process that may itself prove fruitful.

Don't spend more time on it than it's worth, but it only takes a few minutes to dispute with the CC company and a few more to call the GM.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #26
Pimpsy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Quote:
I was thinking to dispute it with my CC but BMW can still send a person to collections for the amount owed to them.
so, let them. if they report to a credit agency just dispute the facts with the agency using the report of why your CC company found the charge invalid. Doubtful it would come to that though.

I really think a conversation with the GM would be sufficient. Curious now to see how it plays out.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 11:02 PM   #27
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Dispute the charge. Call the dealership manager to discuss. Remember to always try to sound like the most reasonable guy in the room...and just explain "that you have questions" and don't feel comfortable with the situation that has developed.

I'm sure it can be worked out.

Good luck!
Best advice out of all the comments I've read
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 06:37 AM   #28
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e X-Drive

If it's only $75 I would just eat the cost. Next time you get a Loaner from them drive the shit out of it. Do some burnouts you wouldn't normally do in your own car lol
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 08:47 AM   #29
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phozenstone View Post
If it's only $75 I would just eat the cost. Next time you get a Loaner from them drive the shit out of it. Do some burnouts you wouldn't normally do in your own car lol
Worst advice out of all the comments I've read
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2015, 08:50 AM   #30
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

To use "unless you lease your next car here" is pretty ridiculous and somehow you've found a BMW dealership that is staffed with 20 year used car lot veterans. You'll lease your next car there, be strong armed, for 75 bucks? Who even says that?

Despute the charge and go talk to the GM, in person and show the pics you were sent and your paperwork. Remind them how embarrassing it is for them to try to squeeze PEANUTS out of a customer and try to use it to get you to spend thousands to avoid a fraudulent charge. If you get the same treatment from the GM, call the better business bureau.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 08:51 AM   #31
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian
Quote:
Dispute the charge. Call the dealership manager to discuss. Remember to always try to sound like the most reasonable guy in the room...and just explain "that you have questions" and don't feel comfortable with the situation that has developed.

I'm sure it can be worked out.

Good luck!
Best advice out of all the comments I've read
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 08:52 AM   #32
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
And +1 again lol
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 10:39 AM   #33
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
I think I won't bother disputing because they can simply send it to collections and ruin my credit over $75 bucks. But from now I will treat them with no leniency and make sure I'm on top of it. This was definitely a lesson learned. I am already speaking to a MB dealer in Tristate for the new CLS400 AMG package. I'm the type of customer who won't ever look back if screwed over by someone. My whole family uses BMW and uses that dealership. I will make sure I transition them all to MB.
I hate to say it, but it is people like you that keep the scam going and all future victim will have you to blame. there must be a license plate or VIN number on the loaner agreement you sign. You know as well as I do that they will not send your case to collection for $75. For god sake, stand up for yourself. If you want to give away money for free, you can sent some my way, at least I will say thank you
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2015, 10:40 AM   #34
Noggie
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: E31 850i,i3s

I think that a normal conversation with a manager could solve this, explain that there must have been a mix up of loaner cars as the photos you were sent did not match the spec of your loaner.

I just had an experience with my local BMW dealer, where I bought my F11.
I've known the sales rep from the BMW club for years, and around christmas time he left and started to work for Audi. Upon questioning why he left I got some truly horrifying stories, but thats a different story. But with that in mind......
I took my F11 in to book a service appointment.
We agree on a time about 10 days from then, and I ask for a loaner. where the service rep say "sorry, we don't have any, you have to go to the sales guys and ask if they have a car for you".
I then walk into the sales area, and there is only one guy there, and he is busy. Even the reception was empty. Since I had other things to do I left.

Two days before my appointment I go back, in the mean time I have been called for a meeting at work for that day so I needed a car to get to the office.
I go to the reception and say that I'm having my car in for a service and needed a loaner car.
The lady gets all confused, says I need to talk to the workshop, gets up and walks me to the door and point to the workshop entrance. I tried to say that they had no cars and sent me to her, but she was adamant that I he'd to go to the shop.

So I go to the shop, same answer, no cars. When I said I needed to go to a meeting at work I was actually told "you have to find a way, or we have to reschedule your service".
I walk out and as I look towards the sales entrance I just decide F. it, I'm not going to be pitched from one department to another.
I was lucky enough that a colleague down the street was going in to the office that day and got him to pick me up when I dropped off the car, and he took me to the office.

Safe to say, I will never buy a car there again, nor will I drop off a car for service either.
I'm not to sure about the BMW dealer in the neighboring town, the sales people seem a bit "stuck up". May have to make the swap to MB myself, pity after 15 years in BMW's.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 11:05 AM   #35
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie View Post
So I go to the shop, same answer, no cars. When I said I needed to go to a meeting at work I was actually told "you have to find a way, or we have to reschedule your service".
I walk out and as I look towards the sales entrance I just decide F. it, I'm not going to be pitched from one department to another.
I was lucky enough that a colleague down the street was going in to the office that day and got him to pick me up when I dropped off the car, and he took me to the office.

Safe to say, I will never buy a car there again, nor will I drop off a car for service either.
It's silly that BMW dealers give their own brand bad reputation. As I explained to service adviser manager during my last visit "I bought into your luxury ultimate driving machine" line, now can you please treat me with respect and address my concerns, as opposed to me repeatedly having to waste my time and prove you the issue exists. Simply just value my time and my business, good dealership is more than nice waiting area and free espresso.

Even if this was OP's loaner that needed cleaning, there are better ways to handle this, and I'd expect BMW dealer to handle this with more class.

Sad thing is, I don't believe the grass is greener on the other side, it really comes down to certain dealership, not brand itself.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #36
Noggie
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: E31 850i,i3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
Sad thing is, I don't believe the grass is greener on the other side, it really comes down to certain dealership, not brand itself.
Think you are on to something here indeed.

I did bring in the second most expensive 5 there is, not that that really matters though, I would have expected the guy to go "Sorry, we don't have any loaner cars, but I'll call the sales department and get someone for you.....*making call*....... Just go in to our sales department "mr.X" will be taking care of you".

The other dealer also put on a show for me recently.
I walked in asking about an M4 they supposedly had on display.
I was given a story that the car had been used on a promo event that weekend and was being prepped in the back. no access sorry.
After about 5 minutes of talking to the guy, he asked me what I drove now, I said that M550d Touring right there.
And low and behold..... now we could go in the back and look at the M4, as "it was probably done".
I suddenly changed from "some guy wanting to see an M4", to "someone with the money to buy an M4".
Funny how that works.......
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 11:35 AM   #37
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S 5 Door

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Seriously, just stop them! That way you'll be saving $75 and you'd also be preventing them from doing the same with other customers... Man Up Dude!

P.S. $75 isn't that much to be honest but what they did is unacceptable
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 12:02 PM   #38
TourStageFan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '12 535iX M-Sport, CaymanS, %E

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
+1
+2.

The GM can resolve this situation with a simple phone call. Furthermore, if Bridgewater cares about its reputation, they should make every effort to ensure that you do not leave as a scorned customer.

If you need to escalate the matter, which I doubt you will have to do, call BMW CS and have them resolve the matter to your satisfaction.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 01:13 PM   #39
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

This isn't about money it's about the principal. I would want my money back and an apology to go with it.

I would not expect to pay for a detail even if I had sent it back dirty externally and with some dirt on the mats (which I have done previously), if it can be washed and vacuumed then that should be something they do before they give to a customer anyway. I would only expect a demand for payment if I soiled the interior resulting in the requirement for a interior wet valet or scratched the car requiring a mop.
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #40
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post

There's more important things in life to worry about than spending hours fretting about $75. Think of the hassle and time it will take the OP. I'm not on the dealers side and what they did is unacceptable...if it was me I just wouldn't pay the $75 and go on with life. Not worth pursuing any further than that imo.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 09:27 PM   #41
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
This isn't about money it's about the principal. I would want my money back and an apology to go with it.

I would not expect to pay for a detail even if I had sent it back dirty externally and with some dirt on the mats (which I have done previously), if it can be washed and vacuumed then that should be something they do before they give to a customer anyway. I would only expect a demand for payment if I soiled the interior resulting in the requirement for a interior wet valet or scratched the car requiring a mop.
Exactly! Well said. To go through the trouble to send a picture demanding the OP pay for a detail over some dirt and twigs? That's just strange let alone the shady "unless you lease your next car here." It almost doesn't even sound real its so, well, silly….
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2015, 10:13 PM   #42
BavariaExclusive
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Spaceship

After speaking to the SM of the dealership. He didn't even have the courtesy to double check if by mistake the valet took a picture of a different car's interior. He also said whatever picture the valet guy hands over to the front desk is what we go by.

It paints a perfect picture after he mentioned as the valet guy by mistake took a picture of the wrong vehicle from inside and submitted it. However, he said we will have the customer bring the car back to the dealership so I can have a look at it myself.
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2015, 05:38 AM   #43
Gpfarrell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 6MT Imperial Blue 550i M-sport

They've tried to blackmail you into getting a new car from them and you still haven't called the owner? Why'd you bother to tell us if you are committed to fixing this?

Call the owner.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 05:38 AM   #44
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, it seems like it's bad advice. But, even if it is the worst advice, it's the smartest advice.
Appreciate 1