2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media Woman defends her BMW M5 in Vancouver riot

06-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #111
Davin
Lieutenant Colonel
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: Yes

BMW should send her an F10 M5 for her efforts!! hahahahaha
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #112
Evolution_GT
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08A22E93N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotM1491 View Post
fucking faggots.. if that was my car i would get in and run people over
+1... car was ruined anyway... I woulda gone GTA style on all of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin View Post
BMW should send her an F10 M5 for her efforts!! hahahahaha
Agreed!
      06-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #113
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

The thing is why did she parked her car there? Honestly I live in Montreal as soon as it's playoff time I leave the car far away from the downtown area. These thing always and will always happen. Props to her for defending her car.

To you guys saying yeah I would have got my gun out..... Are you guys willing to shoot and serve some time in jail? By flashing a gun be ready to either get mugged or shot so you HAVE to shoot to kill. I don't think that in court shooting someone over a car will pass as self defense. What if someone jumped her from behind grabbed her gun and shot her or bystanders?

Best thing let the thing burn collect insurance money.If you have a nice coverage you'll get a 2012 with the old car payoff. I still cant get over why did she parked there. Take a cab next time even when you go clubbing.....people will lean on, piss etc on your car.
Booze(or any other shit like drugs)+people=disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 06-21-2011 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #114
7isPerfect
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F06 650I

i didnt read through all the posts, but i heard it belongs to the asian girls in the video and the white chic was trying to help them... brave, but please be careful, M5 is not worth your life... being in a wrong place at a wrong time can cost you your life.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #115
somonster
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: honda, bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMpiR View Post
One of the guns?
how is that possibly cool??

*sigh*
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #116
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post

I guess folks these days no longer believe in insurance. Majority of the posts are advocating running over people, and I sure hope you have the means to hire good attorney(s) to defend wrongful death suits. What is M5? It will cost you more to run over a lowlife. Trust me, it's better to ditch the car and accept insurance settlement than facing lawsuits that will cause you to declare bankrupcy. Just my 2 cents.
Dont worry a lot of people talk the talk but would run like p*****s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #117
King335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 CP 6MT, '13 X1 35i

Fucking. Speechless.

I would've shot those motherfuckers straight up, sorry if that offends anyone or makes anyone here feel uncomfortable. Or at least I would've fired a warning shot into the air. I don't take the destruction of private property lightly, especially when it's the destruction of an M5 by douchebags with backpacks on who think they're "sticking it to the man". I would say more, but perhaps it is in best taste to leave it there.

**On a side note, everyone who has said it would be better to let it burn and collect the insurance is correct. However, in the heat of the moment I would be pretty blind with rage over the whole situation.

2007 E92 335i--SG, Fully loaded, minus the dead weight..err..iDrive and Active Steering.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #118
BMWKLR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white m235 cp RED w/gray pop

Maybe if the car blew up and killed several morons in this crowd. Hole in gas tank and ignition source is all that's necessary.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #119
X.X.I.V
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 F80

Friends Don't let Jackasses drink and smash cars
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #120
Mpower77i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Whats interesting is, these types of cowards have been amongst us all along. Our co-workers, acquaintances, neighbors, etc... The bitchdom that was brought out at that riot was always lingering in these fools and likely showed glimpses of cowardly tendencies at one time or another. Keep an eye on them
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #121
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACSTER View Post
There was a thread about this already but here's video of this brave girl defending her M5 against a mob during the riots following the Vancouver Canuck's loss in the NHL finals.

Move forward to 4:40 and she's the one in the white shirt

what complete assholes. what a bunch of pathetic losers. just becasue boston kicked the living shit out of them they do this? assholes
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #122
Muffnbluff
Redline Addict
Rep
Drives: '14 BMW 335 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
The thing is why did she parked her car there? Honestly I live in Montreal as soon as it's playoff time I leave the car far away from the downtown area. These thing always and will always happen. Props to her for defending her car.

To you guys saying yeah I would have got my gun out..... Are you guys willing to shoot and serve some time in jail? By flashing a gun be ready to either get mugged or shot so you HAVE to shoot to kill. I don't think that in court shooting someone over a car will pass as self defense. What if someone jumped her from behind grabbed her gun and shot her or bystanders?

Best thing let the thing burn collect insurance money.If you have a nice coverage you'll get a 2012 with the old car payoff. I still cant get over why did she parked there. Take a cab next time even when you go clubbing.....people will lean on, piss etc on your car.
Booze(or any other shit like drugs)+people=disaster
So it's her fault because she parked there, not the worthless bunch of Canuck losers rioting?

This is NOT a normal reaction. Hell I was at game 4 of the world series in 2004 at Busch stadium when the Red Sox swept the Cardinals. Was I pissed my team lost? Yeah. Did the city of STL riot after the game? No, everyone just left sulking with the hopes of next year. I remember walking outside and being shocked when I saw a bunch of S.W.A.T. teams out there just incase things got out of hand. But nothing ever happened because people here realize it's just a game and have respect for themselves and their city.

I was also at game 5 in 2006 when the Cards won the world series. Again, no riots. Instead people went outside and cheered and went to the bars and celebrated peacefully.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #123
spurto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Silver BMW Z4MR

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4MR  [0.00]
i love my car, but im not getting between my car and a drunken mob.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #124
JohnMan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

None of the posts here mentioned the girl wearing a "Vancouver Canucks" shirt. Maybe that's why she wasn't jumped on by people.

This will sound very harsh, but supposed the mob did jump on her, and seriously injured or god forbid, killed her. Only then will the police take action. Maybe that's what it takes, people getting seriously hurt or killed before it knocks some sense into the authorities that this isn't just "kids having some good time". Question is, why does it always have to reach that point before the police suddenly decide to spring into action. Pathetic.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #125
JohnMan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiingMonkey View Post
People who did stuff like that were targeted by the mob. Some guy tried to defend a truck and got jumped by like 30 people and stomped on. Mob mentality is a scary thing, all it takes is one idiot to scream "GET HIM"
Maybe that's what it takes to wake the authorities up and not be so cavalier about this sort of thing. People getting not just knocked up but have their lifes seriously threaten or killed. I hate to say this, but people need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy. If people start getting seriously hurt or killed, then it will have long-term damage on the reputation of the city, and the city won't stand for that, so there will be more proactive and harsher measures to crackdown on mob activities. The police can do that, they just aren't willing to.

I used to live in Vancouver by the way. I don't want this riot to mar the image of an otherwise beautiful and friendly city. When times call for tough measures, then tough measures need to be used, especially on this mob. I just can't stand the "slap-on-the-wrist" approach to these hooligans. There are plenty of video and photo evidence to trace these rioters. It is the authorities's responsiblity to bring them to justice. If these rioters do not fear any consequences for their action, then guess what, it will happen again and again.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 08:59 PM   #126
C230AMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

I hope the Vancouver Police can identify the idiots on the video who did this and have them arrested. Hope the owner can sue the idiots for emotional distress, pain and suffering too...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #127
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffnbluff View Post
So it's her fault because she parked there, not the worthless bunch of Canuck losers rioting?

This is NOT a normal reaction. Hell I was at game 4 of the world series in 2004 at Busch stadium when the Red Sox swept the Cardinals. Was I pissed my team lost? Yeah. Did the city of STL riot after the game? No, everyone just left sulking with the hopes of next year. I remember walking outside and being shocked when I saw a bunch of S.W.A.T. teams out there just incase things got out of hand. But nothing ever happened because people here realize it's just a game and have respect for themselves and their city.

I was also at game 5 in 2006 when the Cards won the world series. Again, no riots. Instead people went outside and cheered and went to the bars and celebrated peacefully.
+1

Meanwhile, back in the rest of the world where no one gives a $hit about hockey....
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #128
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

fauking canadians...
      06-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #129
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

What is sad is that it was a bunch of girls standing up to crowd of clowns. While not a single so called real man came to her defense. What pieces of shit they should not even call them selves men
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #130
monkawekrue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25 X3 AW

Garage List
Omfg poor car. I would of shot a mother fucker.
      06-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #131
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
As a lifelong Bruins fan, I was happy to see Boston win.

The riots were an embarrassment for all hockey fans. I could say that most of the rioters do not know what a blue line is, but the point is there is no reason for this kind of thing to happen. Then next day thousands of people showed up to volunteer to clean up the mess left by the idiots.

As others have said the Vancouver Police have received many photos and videos from the public. Over a hundred people have been arrested. BC Courts will be busy.

Chief Chu had a mess to handle. His service handled the matter as well as possible given the constraints placed upon them and given that there were a lot of innocent fans who were hoping to enjoy a hockey game. If police had intervened more actively the riot would probably have escalated and spread. In the end there were a lot of broken windows in a small area of the city, some cars were destroyed and there was some looting. This can and will be repaired. No lives were lost and the riots were over within a relatively short period of time.

I hope that insurers cover the damage and do not invoke the "civil insurrection clause".
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #132
kred
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 328i 6mt

I've always wanted to visit Vancouver as many have said that it is the most beautiful city in all of North America...but I'm not so sure after this