2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Comfort Assist? Troubleshooting

08-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #1
BMelchner
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535i Xdrive MSport

Comfort Assist? Troubleshooting

Here's the issue... when I walk up to the car, my front drivers side door opens on it's own. Then you can hear the unit keep trying to unlock over and over again until I close the door. I can still lock and unlock the doors using the remote from a good distance. I already changed the battery in the remote as well. I also wiped the handle with a damp cloth to clean it.

Thoughts? Help?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
sbaig2
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW 550i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMelchner View Post
Here's the issue... when I walk up to the car, my front drivers side door opens on it's own. Then you can hear the unit keep trying to unlock over and over again until I close the door. I can still lock and unlock the doors using the remote from a good distance. I already changed the battery in the remote as well. I also wiped the handle with a damp cloth to clean it.

Thoughts? Help?
I had the same issue you were having. It was driving me nuts. It turned out that one of my door handles was acting up and was throwing off the whole system. The dealership replaced the door handle and I have not had an issue since.
Appreciate 0