2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum N63 Customer Care Package - Results Thread

03-15-2015, 12:13 AM   #67
kondor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 550i M Sport

My car feels slower after all of the repairs. Anyone else experIence this?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 08:38 AM   #68
RSBro
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i M-Sport

Not really. Mine feels faster and pulls harder than before.
      03-16-2015, 05:44 PM   #69
ankitpoo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanM View Post
Which Dealership did the work, how long was the wait, and what kind of loaner car did you get?
i always go to BMW of Freehold. that's where i leased the car from, so i just take it to them. i got 2015 328ix. i dropped the car off on friday 3/6 and was ready on tuesday 3/10. car would have been ready on monday but since i have problem with car sliding down my driveway when there is snow on the pavement. they wanted to test it out if there is any problem. it has happened 3 times, where the car slides off the driveway onto the street when i park with snow on pavement. yes i do put the hand/parking break on, but still the car slides down. as a;ways, they cant figure it out why and to them there is no problem. since the snow season is over, i will have to wait till next year to take pictures/video of it happening. so i can show it to them.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 12:39 AM   #70
Jhenka
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Garage List
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Dropped off my car on March 12th at BMW Freeport. Spoke to service advisor on March 20th, was told "it will be at least another couple weeks" as they wait for parts....

Drop Off Date: 3/12/15
BMW Swag: None
Loaner: BONE Stock 328xI
Return Date: 3/23/15 (Car was inspected. Nothing done. All parts are back-ordered)

Last edited by Jhenka; 03-23-2015 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: Updated Return Date
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #71
Jhenka
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Garage List
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Update:
Received a call this morning! They inspected the car and deemed I needed some parts... Really!? After 10 days in service all they did was inspect the car!?
According to my service adviser since the parts required to perform the CCP are backordered they were instructed by BMW NA to have me pick up the car and "they'll give me a call when the parts come in".

This will be the 3rd time I'm visiting the service dept. in 2 months! Went for an oil change and basic maintenance on 2/23. I asked the service adviser to have the car inspected for the CCP while they're doing the maintenance. Nope! I was told I would need schedule a separate appointment for anything CCP related. Made appointment for 3/13. (The car was in service for a day.)

Dropped off my car for the second time on 3/13 for the scheduled CCP. Got the car back 10 days later on 3/23 with nothing completed. Now I need to come back in a "few weeks" to have the service finally completed!?? This is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth, on top of the CCP, the car was supposed to be serviced for some odd clicking/jerking (antilock brake like feedback) when making a sharp left or right turn. This marks the fourth time i'm bringing it back for that issue as well.
No repairs will be done until all the back-ordered parts are shipped to the dealer. FML

Last edited by Jhenka; 03-23-2015 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 10:16 AM   #72
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhenka View Post
Update:
FML
My post the other day from the main thread

Quote:
Confirmation was given from BMW USA to US dealers that there is a bit of a parts constraint on the customer care kits being shipped.

Currently the fuel line part is only being delivered from the manufacturer at 1,500 parts per week, so BMW USA cannot ship more than that amount of kits to dealers per week (Now we know why this hasnt been released worldwide yet)

Apparently over 17,000 kits have already been installed by USA Dealers as of end February 2015

So hang in there, they are working on it.
The initial idea was for dealers to contact customers as they got parts, but word got out on the internet and dealers are overwhelmed by customers coming in themselves
      04-01-2015, 12:38 PM   #73
pdrf10
A Man of Wisdumb...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 550i M Sport

Update

After seven weeks of waiting for parts, I finally take her in this Friday for the completion of the Campaign.

Will post a breakdown of replaced items next week...
      04-01-2015, 08:32 PM   #74
Wizo
Rep
Drives: 2013 f10 550i

I got mine done and honestly is much more responsive now. It only took a few days but I only needed a few things and they were in stock.
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2015, 11:33 PM   #75
Atlantis M3tallic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizo View Post
I got mine done and honestly is much more responsive now. It only took a few days but I only needed a few things and they were in stock.
Wizo I see you're in Orlando. Did you go to Fields in Winter Park or South Orlando?

I just scheduled my 1st appointment for Wednesday.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 09:52 PM   #76
Wizo
Rep

Winter park. They were pretty adamant that I probably wouldn't need anything and then they called me and said there were a few things that needed their attention.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 10:03 AM   #77
kondor
Private First Class
Rep

Finally got around to installing the BMS stage 2 after my service and it is epic.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 01:52 PM   #78
Pimpsy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kondor View Post
Finally got around to installing the BMS stage 2 after my service and it is epic.
Awesome! What settings are you using?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 03:30 PM   #79
kondor
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanM View Post
Awesome! What settings are you using?
Not sure. I bought it from another forum member. I need to buy the USB cable to run the program and look at the settings.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 09:04 PM   #80
Wizo
Rep

I did just stage 1 after the ccp and I thought the same. Couldn't imagine what stage 2 would be like.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 12:16 PM   #81
kondor
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I did just stage 1 after the ccp and I thought the same. Couldn't imagine what stage 2 would be like.
It's like a jet blasting through a double rainbow
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 12:10 AM   #82
Atlantis M3tallic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
I just bought a stage 1 too and have an appointment for the ccp on Wednesday.

Can't wait to install it!

I'm planning on going to the track some time later this month.

I don't know if you are part of the Orlando F10 FB page we just made a couple of weeks ago.

Here's a link to it if you would like to join.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/431353317038693/
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 11:58 AM   #83
pdrf10
A Man of Wisdumb...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrf10 View Post
Dropped my car off at the dealer Friday morning for the "recall" (as well as a few other minor warranty items), and finally picked it up this afternoon. Insofar as the customer care package items, here's a breakdown of what happened:
  • timing chain passed test
  • 90 AH battery replaced with 105 AH unit
  • new battery registered to system, "battery conversion" programming and encoding performed for "entire vehicle" (thereby wiping out my Dinan engine and suspension software, as well as all 40 radio/SAT presets and seat memory settings)
  • oil changed
  • air filter elements replaced
  • CBS intervals reprogrammed
  • numerous replacement parts ordered to complete the package, with an estimated arrival of 2 - 3 weeks
  • loaner provided = 2015 320i
  • no BMW swag provided at this time

My service advisor stated there's a chance my parts could be in much sooner than anticipated, but per Corporate, he's gotta quote a 2 - 3 week lead time.

After completion of Part 2, I'll update this post with a listing of parts received and replaced...
So, after the seven week wait for parts, here's what got replaced over the weekend:
  • both hot-film air mass meters
  • multiple gaskets, connecting lines, vent pipes, hose clamps, 'O' rings, and a fuel feed line
  • vacuum pump (a newer version of the one previously replaced under warranty back in 2013)

Regarding my fuel injectors, I was originally concerned they weren't replaced (again) under this Campaign, but thanks to a PM to resident expert E90Fleet, he confirmed that the injectors I had replaced under warranty back in 2013 were the latest versions offered (apparently there's a new part number to denote Campaign-specific injectors).

Loaner provided: 2015 320i

BMW swag? None...

Initial driving impressions: smooth, but despite all these upgrades, the motor still exhibits an occasional ever-so-slight shudder felt while idling (not enough to register on the tach needle). Not a big deal to me, though, as the N63 has done this from day one, and from what I've read and been told, is just a nuance to the motor's design.

Got my Dinan engine and suspension software re-loaded yesterday without issue, and the beast is back!

04-07-2015, 07:53 PM   #84
Zer0Cool92
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue metallic

Quote:

Initial driving impressions: smooth, but despite all these upgrades, the motor still exhibits an occasional ever-so-slight shudder felt while idling (not enough to register on the tach needle). Not a big deal to me, though, as the N63 has done this from day one, and from what I've read and been told, is just a nuance to the motor's design.

Got my Dinan engine and suspension software re-loaded yesterday without issue, and the beast is back!

Yep. I feel that shudder as well but it's not noticeable all the time. Glad to hear its common on these motors though. Kind of off topic but how much did the dinan flash run you? And I've never heard of the suspension software getting tuned as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 10:11 PM   #85
pdrf10
A Man of Wisdumb...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0Cool92 View Post
Yep. I feel that shudder as well but it's not noticeable all the time. Glad to hear its common on these motors though. Kind of off topic but how much did the dinan flash run you? And I've never heard of the suspension software getting tuned as well.
I'll PM you the details so as not to take the thread off-topic. (I got a package deal since I've done several Dinan mods thus far, with more to follow).
      04-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #86
jykishan
vroom vroom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i xDrive

got my car back after 10 weeks on the dot, dropped it off jan 28th, they changed everything on the campaign, main reason for the delay is because the timing chain is massively backordered. I suggest if your car fails the timing chain test and they need to order a new one, get your damn car back and let them order the part , otherwise you'll be stuck in a loaner for at least 1.5 months.

From day one I've been having starting issues, I always suspected it was fuel injector related, the first time I complained about it nothing was done because they couldn't replicate the problem, the 2nd time I complained about it they changed the fuel rail but used the same injectors which effectively did nothing, now they replaced everything fuel delivery related including the injectors and the car starts normal after 3.5 years of ownership.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 04:45 PM   #87
pdrf10
A Man of Wisdumb...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jykishan View Post
got my car back after 10 weeks on the dot, dropped it off jan 28th, they changed everything on the campaign, main reason for the delay is because the timing chain is massively backordered. I suggest if your car fails the timing chain test and they need to order a new one, get your damn car back and let them order the part , otherwise you'll be stuck in a loaner for at least 1.5 months.

From day one I've been having starting issues, I always suspected it was fuel injector related, the first time I complained about it nothing was done because they couldn't replicate the problem, the 2nd time I complained about it they changed the fuel rail but used the same injectors which effectively did nothing, now they replaced everything fuel delivery related including the injectors and the car starts normal after 3.5 years of ownership.
Since they replaced your timing chain, do you know if they had to remove the engine & tranny (together as a unit) in order to access the front of the block and complete the work? I've heard rumors that's the process per the Campaign, and am wondering if you might be able to verify...

Thanks.
      04-09-2015, 05:36 PM   #88
jykishan
vroom vroom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i xDrive

Quote:
Since they replaced your timing chain, do you know if they had to remove the engine & tranny (together as a unit) in order to access the front of the block and complete the work? I've heard rumors that's the process per the Campaign, and am wondering if you might be able to verify...

Thanks.
they told me well in advance that they had to take out the engine to change the chain, don't think they touched the tranny, I was told just this part of the job took about 40 hours.
Appreciate 0