2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Shteigen Full System 6/6/2014 Update

09-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #177
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46beater
The videos are still cockteases lol.

I'm assuming they are vids of a stock downpipe car but do they have flaps or not? Also combat I know your car has an m5 style diffuser which I thought was necessary but the new videos show a stock style bumper so I'm assuming you can use that for either system?
Haha I agree with ya on the tease comment, and am unfortunately not sure on the rest of your posts questions.
I plan to do a full write up as soon as I get the system as well as much more in depth videos. I have the exhaustmiester unit on my car and got the valved version so I will do an open vs closed comparison also. In theory the valved system should produce the same tone as the non valved unit when the valves are open as I haven't heard of there being a difference in the 2 systems outside of the valves.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #178
///M5Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: gaggle of BMW's

Just needs explained better. They talk about no drone as well but which system or do neither have drone? I'd love to get my hands on a setup and help the cause with better videos and real world input.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #179
E92TTKING
Colonel
Greece
Rep
Drives: e92

I just put an order in.Cant wait
This is a badass setup and its relatively cheap too
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #180
///M5Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92TTKING View Post
I just put an order in.Cant wait
This is a badass setup and its relatively cheap too
Guess I just need to call LSD for more info... which system did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #181
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just needs explained better. They talk about no drone as well but which system or do neither have drone? I'd love to get my hands on a setup and help the cause with better videos and real world input.
I think this has been stated in the thread already but both versions have been engineered to not drone. The valveless system simply has a louder idle than the valved system.

Is this what you were looking for?

Also yes I agree they need better quality videos but that's not happening till some of us get our hands on the final product which should hopefully be very soon! lol
I'll be doing a write up and adding more clear videos(hopefully) when it comes in.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #182
E92TTKING
Colonel
Greece
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46beater View Post
Guess I just need to call LSD for more info... which system did you go with?
the one without the valve thing
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #183
///M5Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Transporter View Post
I think this has been stated in the thread already but both versions have been engineered to not drone. The valveless system simply has a louder idle than the valved system.

Also yes I agree they need better quality videos but that's not happening till some of us get our hands on the final product which should hopefully be very soon! lol
I'll be doing a write up and adding more clear videos(hopefully) when it comes in.
Good to know, yes that's what I was after. I'll probably go valveless but it's still debatable. I really like on the fly switching like my C6 Z06. It keeps the noise level down when necessary (my neighborhood mainly).
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 09:54 AM   #184
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Good to know, yes that's what I was after. I'll probably go valveless but it's still debatable. I really like on the fly switching like my C6 Z06. It keeps the noise level down when necessary (my neighborhood mainly).
I went with the valved system so I could have controlled over it even though ill probably have them open 90+ percent of the time lol. I'm just hoping there is a decent difference between valves opened vs closed, and that's what hasn't been documented or shown yet(mostly because no one has them yet lol). I'm not too worried either way but if the valves are able to do a mild to wild thing with a large or even moderate difference in volume that would be awesome and would make the exhaust extremely versatile and more desirable by most!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #185
combatbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 20' X3M CP

Garage List
Valved system all the way, being able to control the sound is amazing.. trust me.. you dontg want it loud all the time.. not in this type of car.
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #186
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatbmw
Valved system all the way, being able to control the sound is amazing.. trust me.. you dontg want it loud all the time.. not in this type of car.
Exactly what I was hoping for lol! I ordered the valved system and will probably run them open most of the time but there are occasions where I won't so being able to control it is a huge bonus. Does this mean you have the final product on your car?!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #187
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Exactly what I was hoping for lol! I ordered the valved system and will probably run them open most of the time but there are occasions where I won't so being able to control it is a huge bonus. Does this mean you have the final product on your car?!
Nope!

Soon though, just need the rear section that was modified to work properly with the valves.. Can't wait.
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 06:45 PM   #188
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatbmw
Quote:
Nope!

Soon though, just need the rear section that was modified to work properly with the valves.. Can't wait.
Gotcha just thought you might have already had it done because last time I talked to Mike at LSD he said he was hoping to start shipping the final product tomorrow or early next week.

And yeah I can't wait either lol!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #189
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Gotcha just thought you might have already had it done because last time I talked to Mike at LSD he said he was hoping to start shipping the final product tomorrow or early next week.

And yeah I can't wait either lol!
OH me getting 1st has nothing to do with the shipping for everyone who ordered.

The system was officially complete last time I told everyone my car was going in for final drone testing and valve fix.

That was done weeks ago. So production of final system I would imagine is done.

I just haven't had the time to call mike and get my new rear section with the valve fix installed.

Keep in mind though, I had the valves working on my car when they took my car weeks ago for testing... so were solid man.. your gna be really happy.

Still feel really bad that some of these people are buying those 3-4k axle backs..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #190
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

That's great news! Yeah some people just wont try new things.
Glad to hear you are happy with it. I'm sure I will be also!
Thanks for the update and thanks for all your time spent on this project man!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #191
shoek
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 550i xDrive M-Sport

Garage List
So are they shipping yet? They're 3-4 months late at this point, and they've had my money for 6 months ...

2013 BMW 550i xDrive Alpine White [300] | Black Dakota [LCSW] | Anthracite [4CE]
Options: M-Sport [ZMP] | DDC+ARS [ZDF] | Exec [ZDB] | Driver Assist/+ [ZDA+ZDB] | Cold [ZCW] | SAT [2TB]
Mods: MORR VS8.2 + PSS (20" 255F/285R) | ACS Springs | Dinan Stage 2 | StopTech BBK
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 11:17 AM   #192
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoek
So are they shipping yet? They're 3-4 months late at this point, and they've had my money for 6 months ...
Not sure... I haven't gotten a shipping notification yet. I talked to Mike last week and he said they would hopefully start shipping today or early next week.
Yeah it definitely has taken longer than I think any of us expected. I believe they are very close so I'm just waiting and watching my email for something saying it shipped! Lol
If I don't see anything by next Thursday or Friday I am gonna try to talk to him again.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #193
belal242
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 F10 550xi

Garage List
2011 550xi  [0.00]
Yea, I just could not wait any longer and I was really hoping to see some reviews by you guys. I just picked up a set of Eisenmann axlebacks at a killer price.... I hope these things really are as good as advertised though. I would have much rather had a full catback system.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #194
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoek View Post
ya sorry man, partly my fault.. I was the test car and I was so slammed to get car in for things that it delayed things alot.

You all should be good very soon.. worth the wait imo especially for what this FULL SYSTEM costs.. axlebacks just dont do it for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #195
travis13084
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i (G05)

any updates to this?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 11:45 PM   #196
ausfahrt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2001 325i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis13084 View Post
any updates to this?
I'm still waiting also! I'm not in a rush though! I wouldn't get it installed till spring/summer time!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 08:07 PM   #197
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
As far as I know, shipping has started on this.

Can't wait to see what everyone who purchased thinks.. Loving mine.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #198
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just got my shipping confirmation this morning! I'm quite a ways from LA so UPS is saying it should be here by the 7th! I am hoping to have it on by end of next week/next weekend work permitting! I will do a quick update day of install and a more in depth write up later in the week!
Appreciate 0