2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Turn indicator front right failure - advise

05-14-2023, 04:00 AM   #1
nikolape
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Question Turn indicator front right failure - advise

Hello all,

I have bought 2011 F10 530d, with adaptive headlights error. Seller told me that it was due to TMS module on passenger side that was not codded yet (replaced). I went to local service and they installed an used one, coded it and now AHL works flawlessly. The problem is now that I get error "Turn indicator front right failure", but only when auto headlights are ON (during nightime, low visibility etc).
I turn off the car for a minute, reignite, and the error is gone, turn indicator works fine, but until next error, when it is no longer working.. so basically it works but computer puts it in some kind of safe mode I guess.

I have tried swapping TMS modules, passenger <> drivers, and service technitian clears all errors, and initializes them. Weird, I get the same error on a right side. Could it be really due to malfunctioning led turning light? Again I restart car, and it works..

Also one more note:
1. When on manual headlight (headlight switch to manual), I dont get an error, turn indicator works well, but i can see that AHL does not work, vertical aim, and corner light (halogen bulb in a headlight)
2. When on auto, once headlight is auto turned on, after few minutes I get this error. AHL works, corner light, but no turning light in front, and also no parking led on a side of headlight that is allways on..

Any help? I can notice that Part Numbers of both TMS modules are not listed in OEM spare PN's list, but everything works flawlessly except this..

Tnx all in advance!
Nikola

Last edited by nikolape; 05-14-2023 at 04:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 12:38 AM   #2
AlexPower
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Try to get E-sys and code with it. You need to code new TMS module into car with your FA. Without this, permaments errors will occure. It's not hard. But you'll ned enet cable (you may do it youself or buy it, Aliexpress, for example)
Appreciate 0