2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Good bye folks !!!! :( and Thank you

03-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #23
ndog14
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
Despite what the 335i fanboys will want to believe, I'm sure you'll enjoy 650hp Congrats!
650 > 3XX what ever JB4 does

To OP, haters gonna hate
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #24
yogi4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Thank you guys . yeah it's a different breed, raw power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Good move! That's a sick car. Which dealer and were you able to talk them into MSRP or below (if you don't mind me asking)?

Thank you . Ordered it for MSRP ($57480) . This being newer and redesigned model , it was hard to go below that. the dealership is Andersen Auto group , based in nebraska.
I was told that it would take at-least 6 to 8 weeks to get it . That's going to be a long wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #25
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Gas will be your enemy
I drive a 6.3 also and it's a pig ,,, but a fun one
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #26
BAL278
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktm.Moto View Post

Pics when you get it!
+1

2008 335xi Jet Black//Coral Red
VTT Stage 1+// Procede V5//VRSF DPs//AMS FMIC//KW V1//M3 Sways & Sub Bushings// Alpina AT flash
Apex EC-7//Michelin PSS//Dinan CAI
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #27
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q4P View Post
It's an amazing car with amazing numbers but...

...it is a car for a different type of customer and one that values different things. Another member had a '12 GT500 and loved the power and rawness of the vehicle but couldn't put up with the ford built quality, interior finish and overall class of the vehicle. I think a lot of people that make the trade eventually feel the same way.

BTW... 30 minutes is way too long for raginclue to jump in this thread on mustangs... lol
Hey I do have a job! Sometimes it doesn't include getting paid to troll forums.

You're talking about the member who went 135i-->GT500-->M3 in the matter of a couple years, right? This will happen to some people. If what you value in a car aligns with BMW's offerings, I wouldn't expect you to like the GT500. Not everybody has to like it, and I respect that. The stuff that irks me is when people pass off fallacies as fact (e.g. it can't handle for shit, it'll rattle and fall apart sooner, your penis will fall off, etc...)

I went from 335 to GT500 (although both are still present), and I don't regret it one bit. Different strokes for different folks. I've always loved muscle cars, the sound of a nice V8, and I've never cared a whole bunch about the interior, as long as it works and is not an ergonomic disaster. My favorite car was my '68 goat, and that thing's interior was TERRIBLE. The glove box was literally a cardboard box that hung precariously behind the face of the dash. All the panels felt like they were going to fall off if you so much as looked at them (even with all the fasteners present). However, it added character to the car, and I enjoyed it for what it was. A loud, beastly boat of a car whose chassis visibly twisted like a wet noodle any time I hammered on the gas, accompanied by the smell of burning rubber and gasoline along with the sound of a glorious big block (oh I should probably mention how I put a 454 in it and all the Pontiac freaks got on me about putting a Chevy engine in there... well, if Pontiac's 400 could take boost or even didn't blow up in its stock configuration then I would have used that).... It had four drums so it also had an aversion to stopping, not to mention the fact that it wasn't really good at changing direction either.

That thing probably would have lapped the ring in 30 days if I was lucky. People are so caught up in 'Ring times these days that the spirit of cars is starting to suffer. I don't mean to sound like a carbon copy of Captain Slow, but he's right and I agree with him. I hope the reason for that is not that my age is starting to show.

These Mustangs that have come out lately have really gotten me excited in a different way than BMWs ever did, but that's because of how my preferences are skewed. I like muscle cars. If you don't like muscle cars, you won't like the Mustang. If you rub your face on the dash every day and want to be welcomed by superior materials, a Mustang won't be for you. If you can't stand retro gauges, the Mustang is not for you. If you can't stand being lumped in with the Mustang or muscle car stereotype, the Mustang is not for you.

I won't bitch at anyone who doesn't like the car; I only bitch at people who are being idiot blind fanboys. I thought I joined this forum to rub elbows with car enthusiasts who also happened to own BMWs. Sometimes I feel like I joined a forum where BMW owners come to pretend to be car enthusiasts. There's a difference and it doesn't take long to sort out who is whom.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #28
bmwforme
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

$60k for a Ford jeeez!

i understand it ghas 650hp but I'd say about 500 of those will actually make it to the pavement and the rest will be wheel spin

but Goodluck! and definitely post pictures!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #29
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Sounds like a really cool car on papers....650hp....damn....and other bells and whistles...

but I would get CPO Cayman S and call it a day
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #30
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

Quote:

You're talking about the member who went 135i-->GT500-->M3 in the matter of a couple years, right? This will happen to some people. If what you value in a car aligns with BMW's offerings, I wouldn't expect you to like the GT500. Not everybody has to like it, and I respect that. The stuff that irks me is when people pass off fallacies as fact (e.g. it can't handle for shit, it'll rattle and fall apart sooner, your penis will fall off, etc...)

I went from 335 to GT500 (although both are still present), and I don't regret it one bit. Different strokes for different folks. I've always loved muscle cars, the sound of a nice V8, and I've never cared a whole bunch about the interior, as long as it works and is not an ergonomic disaster. My favorite car was my '68 goat, and that thing's interior was TERRIBLE. The glove box was literally a cardboard box that hung precariously behind the face of the dash. All the panels felt like they were going to fall off if you so much as looked at them (even with all the fasteners present). However, it added character to the car, and I enjoyed it for what it was. A loud, beastly boat of a car whose chassis visibly twisted like a wet noodle any time I hammered on the gas, accompanied by the smell of burning rubber and gasoline along with the sound of a glorious big block (oh I should probably mention how I put a 454 in it and all the Pontiac freaks got on me about putting a Chevy engine in there... well, if Pontiac's 400 could take boost or even didn't blow up in its stock configuration then I would have used that).... It had four drums so it also had an aversion to stopping, not to mention the fact that it wasn't really good at changing direction either.

That thing probably would have lapped the ring in 30 days if I was lucky. People are so caught up in 'Ring times these days that the spirit of cars is starting to suffer. I don't mean to sound like a carbon copy of Captain Slow, but he's right and I agree with him. I hope the reason for that is not that my age is starting to show.

These Mustangs that have come out lately have really gotten me excited in a different way than BMWs ever did, but that's because of how my preferences are skewed. I like muscle cars. If you don't like muscle cars, you won't like the Mustang. If you rub your face on the dash every day and want to be welcomed by superior materials, a Mustang won't be for you. If you can't stand retro gauges, the Mustang is not for you. If you can't stand being lumped in with the Mustang or muscle car stereotype, the Mustang is not for you.

I won't bitch at anyone who doesn't like the car; I only bitch at people who are being idiot blind fanboys. I thought I joined this forum to rub elbows with car enthusiasts who also happened to own BMWs. Sometimes I feel like I joined a forum where BMW owners come to pretend to be car enthusiasts. There's a difference and it doesn't take long to sort out who is whom.
I always enjoy your posts.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #31
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi4 View Post
Thank you guys . yeah it's a different breed, raw power.

Thank you . Ordered it for MSRP ($57480) . This being newer and redesigned model , it was hard to go below that. the dealership is Andersen Auto group , based in nebraska.
I was told that it would take at-least 6 to 8 weeks to get it . That's going to be a long wait.
Awesome. Glad you got MSRP. Do not forget to post pics when you get it. Are you on SVTP already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwforme View Post
$60k for a Ford jeeez!

i understand it ghas 650hp but I'd say about 500 of those will actually make it to the pavement and the rest will be wheel spin

but Goodluck! and definitely post pictures!!!
There was a Ford that stickered for what? $140k+? $60k is nothing. 200MPH and 650HP, name some cars that are capable of that and also list their sticker prices.

I hear your concern about putting the power to the pavement, as the GT500s have had issues with those. It's my main concern on the '13s as well, but Ford insists they've pulled out all the stops now and have it under control. Hell, for my '11 all it needed was LCAs, UCAs and some bushings, and the hop is a distant memory now. Considering how cheap and easy those fixes are, I would be floored if Ford doesn't do it properly this time around.

Let's not forget that the GT500 from '11-'12 is about as fast as the BOSS around the track (the kind with turns, both left and right). In fact, in the only same-day, same-driver comparison, the '12 GT500 beat the '12 BOSS LS. It's already a very capable car in '12 spec and Ford has done a lot to improve it (all conjecture until we see numbers/action though).

I'd imagine the '13 will sound at least as good as the previous 5.4s. Good Lord, the noise it makes....
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #32
Dvdman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 and 2007 M6

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #33
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

Quote:

Yes I am talking about that guy but I feel a true BMW owner or one that values what a BMW offers will more than likely feel the same way and this doesn't surprise me at all as well it shouldn't surprise you. I personally love the new GT500 (although I would prefer a used '08 Z06 for the price solely due to the weight and balance of that car) but I purchased a 335i because of the combination if offered of cheap mod power, class, fuel efficiency and luxury. At the same time, I do not believe I would have purchased a BMW in the first place if they didn't offer a halfway affordable option that offered at least 350 HP with mods. In the case of the GT500 I think 650 HP in any car doesn't make for a great DD but that is solely opinion...

Pure personal opinion and most people that are attracted to BMWs will feel completely differently.

See point above once again and I am somewhat surprised that it shocks you especially on a BMW specific forum.

This is because by my estimate 90% of forum members are idiots in the first place. There is a difference in understanding what a vehicle is capable and offers versus what a particular person values and I do not believe it's right to call one a fanboy for that reason unless you are just jealous or talking out of your ass. See all the owners of M3s who chastize new GTR owners to see what I am talking about.
Anyways, I think you and I are on the same page for the most part.
      03-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #34
Axelfuzz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335XI E90

Congrats! The Shelby is a beast!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #35
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q4P View Post
Anyways, I think you and I are on the same page for the most part.
Don't be jelly of my opinions bro.

Silly hatter.

just kidding
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #36
kudos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Sounds like the power for the money is at corvette territory. I wish I could drive one. Maybe I'll check one out at the local dealership. Maybe they'll even let me sit in it unlike that piece of shit Reeves place around here.
      03-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #37
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:

real talk.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #38
johnnyboi418
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan 09

congrats.. Come back soon :]
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #39
ChasVS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 MB ML350 Bluetec

Red Neck's M3 is all that is... and without the handling!
      03-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #40
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Money.
      03-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #41
BimmerCop
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
Money.
Especially once he starts visiting this fellow more often:

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #42
Dozhdbog
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasVS View Post
Red Neck's M3 is all that is... and without the handling!
You're kidding, right?
      03-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #43
dp1027
I'm slow...
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
Money.
Eeeeeek...I think I've just been bitten!
      03-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #44
Phillycheesesteak
DAMN
United_States
Rep
Drives: f80 M3

congrats on the new car. let us know how beastly that car is.